Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is it OK to send merits to your own alts?
Yes - 8 (10.5%)
No - 68 (89.5%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: is it OK to send merits to your own alts?  (Read 23125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:44:48 PM

And there are so many posts that are so much worth the merit and everyone just avoids them just because they are newbies.

I hear this a lot, and I spend a lot of time looking for good newbie posts to merit, and usually come up empty handed. I must be looking in the wrong places. Please report all these good newbie posts that are worthy of merit to us merit sources so that we can merit them - [self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source.

Also I have seen dark green trusted member getting merit for 2 words posts. Those people should be banned. That's my opinion. I might be wrong Huh

You are wrong. theymos has explicitly said that you are free to merit whoever you want for whatever you want:

Aside from that, if people complain about whether things deserve merit at all, then that's something to perhaps think about, but if you conclude that they're wrong, then that's that. You don't need to stress about it or defend yourself constantly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:45:53 PM

And there are so many posts that are so much worth the merit and everyone just avoids them just because they are newbies.

I hear this a lot, and I spend a lot of time looking for good newbie posts to merit, and usually come up empty handed. I must be looking in the wrong places. Please report all these good newbie posts that are worthy of merit to us merit sources so that we can merit them - [self-moderated] Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source.

Also I have seen dark green trusted member getting merit for 2 words posts. Those people should be banned. That's my opinion. I might be wrong Huh

You are wrong. theymos has explicitly said that you are free to merit whoever you want for whatever you want:

Aside from that, if people complain about whether things deserve merit at all, then that's something to perhaps think about, but if you conclude that they're wrong, then that's that. You don't need to stress about it or defend yourself constantly.

Well this is my opinion and I saw it a lot. And regarding newbies I am not going to spend my alcoholic free time to report random posts lol

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:06:07 PM

Well this is my opinion and I saw it a lot. And regarding newbies I am not going to spend my alcoholic free time to report random posts lol

Then please don't spend your precious free time posting about it ever again. Thank you.
TheMatrix101

Activity: 330
Merit: 130

Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:07:25 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 09:49:52 PM by TheMatrix101

i have seen plenty of posts that were exceedingly helpful and they gained 0 merit. some were understandable as they were much older posts however i have seen plenty of new helpful and informative posts in random threads that received no merit.

Then you should report those posts instead of cooking up plans to abuse the system: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093271.0

I'm not cooking up plans to abuse the system dumbass is showing exactly how vulnerable the system is. if I wanted to abuse the system I could have easily done so the second it came out and i would have tens of thousands of merit. I dont plan on abusing the system, look at my merit, does it look like I'm abusing the system to you? piss off with your bullshit and libelous accusations. Again, if I wanted to abuse the system, i could have easily done so within hours of it being released and I still can because they don't care about making the system true. if I wanted to abuse the system why the fucking HELL would I post exactly how it could be done and why the HELL would i post how to fix it? if you really think I'm that stupid (which it's pretty obvious that's what you think) I still wouldn't report or give any feedback of the system. if I was abusing it I would say "NO! it's a great system! all you have to do is post helpful content!" instead of telling you exactly how broken and vulnerable it is. You know exactly my reason for posting the vulnerability and you try to shoot me in the foot with it with lies that you know are lies about me and my intent. that is the definition of libel. I seriously thought you had a moral compass and that your reports were just false negatives that you truly believed were honest. Well, maybe I was dumb about you.

I figured out your game, whether it is intentional or not, I see right through you.

Chill. this will be the last acknowledgment of your existence I make until you grow the hell up.

Maybe, just maybe, because of you I will complete that script. ill talk to the owners of the forum and give them my vuln list for merit, as a RESPONSIBLE person should, and if they don't fix it within three months (more than enough time to fix this issue) ill release the script

Matrix

EDIT: I have just messaged theymos

█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 09:30:44 PM

Voted no, cos its SKAMTASTIC

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:55:15 PM

Then please don't spend your precious free time posting about it ever again. Thank you.

Why? It is my right to write about my showing more proves about it is not my obligation. Tho is a known fact and I have noticed it a lot of times. Just follow the post he gave merit over the last months (vod)

ps. I have nothing with this user but just I noticed this bad behavior.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:08:50 PM

I'm not cooking up plans to abuse the system dumbass is showing exactly how vulnerable the system is.

You're not showing anything new. There have been many newbies trying to butter up merit senders in what they thought would high-earning threads but that never works to any appreciable extent.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:20:35 PM

I'm 100% against it. It's no different than sending trust to your alt, Ban evasion with a 2nd account, or any other way to cheat the system.

I can only echo the sentiments of others that I don't trust alts that have been given glowing trust (in any form) by themselves - it's as though they are preening themselves in front of a mirror saying "I trust you"... "oh stop it! I trust you too!"

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:01:08 AM

Ok, definetly merit system fucked the forum. People just merit posts in their favor (Vod). And there are so many posts that are so much worth the merit and everyone just avoids them just because they are newbies.

There is not enough merit on going on the network. This is what I believe.

Maybe because you are an account seller that is why you are fucked up the most by the merit system. We all have different views about the merits system but the ones who are making the forum a business platform tends to express their opinions negatively. First of all there wouldn't be a merit system if most members here didn't abuse the previous activity only ranking system. But some abusive minds like you made it into a business so that is why we have the merit system now it is just a product of your own wrongdoing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: