Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: is investing in ICO's a good option?
yes - 11 (12.9%)
no - 19 (22.4%)
depends on the ICO - 37 (43.5%)
depends on the team behind it - 15 (17.6%)
depends on what kind of financial backing the ICO has - 3 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is investing in ICO's a good option?  (Read 19282 times)
kucing garong

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:58:27 AM

These days everyone is trying to have their own ICO which is making entire industry shady. People are easily falling for scams. Keep an eye on the reputation section to see the fake ICOs.

I am not saying that all ICOs are fake but there are good ICOs as well. To determine a good ICO I look for
=Good team
=The product
=Token usability
=Marketing

If these are good enough then it's ok to take some risk. Don't go all but invest that you can afford to lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 02:01:54 AM

ICO is still a good investment choice, as long as studying the ICO in depth through their whitepaper and seeing the track record of the people behind the project and qualified advisors who already have experience managing ICO projects.
r_uyab

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:05:59 AM

I think it depends on ICO. if the project held by the team is very good for me, also a good way to buy tokens at ICO is still running, so the price I get from ICO is still cheap.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:43:41 AM

Everything would be depend on the future chance and the quality of the ICO itself, also based on everyone behind the ICO and many other parameters that sometimes un imaginable. For Investors should be able to filter all those possibilities to choose any good ICO to invest on.
Ukaraki

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:52:44 AM

Investing in ICOs is a good option if you have enough knowledge to track which gonna hit and which is not, then yes, ICO projects are not harmful to you! Rather this will be a very good option to be successful in crypto platform! Otherwise try to avoid investing in ICOs, do invest in stable coins and do a trade or hodl them!
Not many people have experience in investing in ICO, In 2018 people invest in ICO not selectively and the result is hundreds of ICO scam. Now not many people really invest in ICO, only big companies are possible
Lilianaser

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:58:19 AM

If the ico is good and clear, I think investment in ico can be made a good choice, the team involved in an ico is also important because one of the determinants in the success of an ico is a professional and solid team, if you are going to invest in ico you can analyze whether or not the ico is good
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 04:50:31 AM

investments in ICO will depend on a lot of things that are considered. the concept of the team behind ICO and ICO being the deciding thing of which should be considered in determining the worth to ICO investment. is it worth it and not in this investment will return again to me about how the analysis in the selection of ICO.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Finafex Exchange
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

Finafex:Seamless and Secure Crypto Trading for All

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 05:30:45 AM

ICOs, typical ICOs without any regulations have been significantly resulting in its own fall if not death.

When there is literally no compliance towards regulations, then it is bound to scams-- resulting not only in the investor loss and confidence but also adversely affecting the market for even better and credible ICOs as well.

We at Finafex.com have ensured that we are fully compliant to regulations offered by Labuan Business and Financial Services Authority, and as we are backed by an investment Bank CIBL, it make us better poised to deliver seamless trading and settlement services for the modern-age crypto assets including but not limited to securities, bond-notes and options.

To know more about us, visit our website , ANN Thread or Join our Pre-Sale now where we are offering an additional 30% as a bonus.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:00:06 AM

no, never and it doesn't depend on anything.

in my view, there is absolutely no reason for a developer of an open source project to ask for money to develop something that thousands of others are doing and many of them are doing it for free. and an ICO is exactly that, a developer with minimal programming skills, no financial knowledge and zero product is asking you to pay him money to copy paste some code.

if you want comparison, you can always compare things with bitcoin. you can't find anything bigger, innovative, or useful as bitcoin in this field to this day. the creator (Satoshi) didn't ask you to pay him to invent bitcoin! he did it for free, without an ICO, without any premine,.... he created it and released it to the world free of charge and open source with MIT license so that anybody who wishes could copy it freely.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Grechkatx

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:17:34 AM

Not at such a time as now or what it was in 2018, we need a stable price increase and a General rise of the entire cryptocurrency, then of course you can invest in almost all projects
HyughA

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:21:11 AM

yes, in my opinion it is good but depends on the project as well as the project objectives and most importantly the overall contents of the project are clear and transparent. I don't think all ico are bad, there are still some good ones

The Bank Independent Network for the  
▲ Blockchain Generation  ▲ (https://bincoins.io/#livechat)
maligu

Activity: 333

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:28:35 AM

This is a high-risk idea, you can go to find the experience of historical investors, they will tell you that investing in ICO projects is stupid. In fact, investing in ICO projects must be the eve of the arrival of the bull market. Otherwise the risk of investing in ICO is very large.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:40:49 AM

it is actually pretty easy to answer your question, and the answer is NO by the way.

you just have to take a good look at the result of all these ICOs that have been created in the past couple of years. there are hundreds of them so you have a pretty good sea of examples to choose from.
none of them performed well. there has been some cases of pump in some of them that lasted but that is not a good performance it is a pump. and the rest have lost their market position and are still going lower and lower.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
jubilarian

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:41:23 AM

I don't advice. For me, it's still a opportune. The key is that must find a right project. There is many terms to judge an ICO. You can search it to decide, no one can do it for you.

Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:53:45 AM

In 2018 there were hundreds of failed ICOs, even I was also hit by a scam from several ICOs, I hope this year will be a moment of revival of ICO to be able to improve and be able to avoid scam projects.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 10:59:47 AM

Yes, it is good to invest in ICO project,  the problem is most of the ICO nowadays are scam, I mean scam that is  proper investigation should be done before investing in any of the ICO, like checking the product they are offering , team member, how long will the ICO last, soft cap, hand cap,  how much is for  each token and the minimum and maximum token that can be purchase.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:01:58 AM

Cheesy No, now investments in projects are a complete donate. Since the coins just lose their price and are not restored. I see many forum users think so.
jzarifis

Activity: 46

https://kryptium.io

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 11:02:47 AM

Track some interesting to you ICO project, wait to be listed on exchanges and then buy from the exchanges looks better option for me

Kryptium | A user-friendly, peer-to-peer betting platform
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:05:30 AM

If you look at the ICO trackers, we will see that even now a lot of ICOs are being conducted, there are fewer of them than before, but they exist. Consequently, 5% of them may well be successful, which means the market is still breathing.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kardon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:05:44 AM

is it a good idea to invest in ICO's and what do you think is a good deciding factor to pick what ICO's to invest in?
I think investing in ICO is a very interesting, promising and profitable solution. But there is only one small nuance, now there are too many startup projects that do not need the development of these projects, they have only one thought, it is to raise money from investors and dump far away. But if you still find a really worthwhile project, I think investing in it can bring significant profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: