Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:03:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Threatens To Keep Government Closed "For Months Or years"  (Read 611 times)
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 01:02:19 AM

"I don't think federal employees are getting enough love and support, in these tough times, we want to extend the offer of a donation of medical cannabis to any federal worker affected by the shutdown..."

Legal cannabis website offered federal workers free marijuana during government shutdown

Federal employees must be relieved at news that the government shutdown has temporarily come to an end, but they will probably miss the free weed.

The legal cannabis search engine BudTrader.com offered free medical marijuana to government workers who couldn’t pay due to President Donald Trump’s shutdown, the Hill reports.

“I don’t think federal employees are getting enough love and support, in these tough times, we want to extend the offer of a donation of medical cannabis to any federal worker affected by the shutdown,” BudTrader CEO Brad McLaughlin said in a news release.

The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon made light of the situation, who quipped that the free medical marijuana is the reason why “a bunch of T.S.A. agents are staring at their security wands like, ‘Dude, I’m Harry Potter!’”

Now we need to even make sure we are not supporting the TSA when we buy our legal cannabis.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
V-D-S
Copper Member

Activity: 65
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:10:23 AM

The majority of immigrants just fly in apparently. The primary question about the wall is: Which construction company is going to build it?

It's rather serendipitous that a construction and real estate mogul wants to do a construction project after he gets in office.

Anybody know what company or companies are lined up to build this thing?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 04:36:46 AM

The majority of immigrants just fly in apparently. The primary question about the wall is: Which construction company is going to build it?

It's rather serendipitous that a construction and real estate mogul wants to do a construction project after he gets in office.

This is for the prototypes:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-awards-contracts-border-wall-prototypes

Caddell Construction Co., (DE), LLC, Montgomery, Alabama,
Fisher Sand & Gravel Co., DBA Fisher Industries, Tempe, Arizona,
Texas Sterling Construction Co., Houston, Texas, and
W. G. Yates & Sons Construction Company, Philadelphia, Mississippi.

Doesn't mean any of these would build the actual wall.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:40:05 PM

The majority of immigrants just fly in apparently. ...
The majority of immigrants of the type we are discussing come over the southern border and have never had a passport in their life. The are recently some refugees, such as from Syria, who also do not have passports, or even identity cards.
V-D-S
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:33:55 AM

This is for the prototypes:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-awards-contracts-border-wall-prototypes

Caddell Construction Co., (DE), LLC, Montgomery, Alabama,
Fisher Sand & Gravel Co., DBA Fisher Industries, Tempe, Arizona,
Texas Sterling Construction Co., Houston, Texas, and
W. G. Yates & Sons Construction Company, Philadelphia, Mississippi.

Doesn't mean any of these would build the actual wall.

thanks! I'm not going to invest a huge sum of time for this answer, however I am very curious what the social network of these Execs and Trump look like.
V-D-S
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:47:47 AM

The majority of immigrants of the type we are discussing come over the southern border and have never had a passport in their life. The are recently some refugees, such as from Syria, who also do not have passports, or even identity cards.

Right. You know, I wonder if making labor-residencies more mainstream would help. America has lost a certain edge by not having a low-cost manufacturing/production sector. In Florida, (and many other places), farms are allowed to hire masses of immigrants at below minimum wage salaries and in exchange host and feed them. However this practice is much more limited than it could be. These farms, as I understand, lack transparency are full of unethical practices. I wonder just how difficult it would be to scale-up this system, regulate it, and provide a safety zone where they could work, get an education, and (they or their children) could fully immigrate after many years.

Could this even work without inadvertently creating a caste system?
What would be a controllable number of non-U.S. citizens? millions? 10s of millions?

It is basically indentured servitude in practice, but actually, as long as they are not abused... It seems like a better idea than leaving good people stranded or letting immigration be such a free-for-all.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 02:58:43 AM

Right. You know, I wonder if making labor-residencies more mainstream would help. America has lost a certain edge by not having a low-cost manufacturing/production sector. In Florida, (and many other places), farms are allowed to hire masses of immigrants at below minimum wage salaries and in exchange host and feed them. However this practice is much more limited than it could be. These farms, as I understand, lack transparency are full of unethical practices. I wonder just how difficult it would be to scale-up this system, regulate it, and provide a safety zone where they could work, get an education, and (they or their children) could fully immigrate after many years.

Could this even work without inadvertently creating a caste system?
What would be a controllable number of non-U.S. citizens? millions? 10s of millions?

It is basically indentured servitude in practice, but actually, as long as they are not abused... It seems like a better idea than leaving good people stranded or letting immigration be such a free-for-all.
You think very clearly. In a practical sense, there is no problem with the USA issuing "Work Visas" that do not lead to citizenship.

Unfortunately, "nothing is what it seems." The entire dispute over immigration and allegation immigration in the USA is over the Democrat's desire to have more immigrants quickly become citizens because they believe these will largely be Democratic voters.

It has nothing then to do with the welfare of the people, or the best interests of the country, only the power interest of a selfish political group.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: