Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:49:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmex Effect Bitcoin Price?  (Read 181 times)
waqasniaz007 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 03:18:53 PM

Do you guys think that bitmex exchange effects on bitcoin price? Because last year there was no exchange like bitmex. Now people are making money by short trade. Do you think it effects bitcoin price because exchange has big volume.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:48:54 AM

Do you guys think that bitmex exchange effects on bitcoin price? Because last year there was no exchange like bitmex. Now people are making money by short trade. Do you think it effects bitcoin price because exchange has big volume.

There is a possibility specially if a big volume is concern as it will help to create price movemement in the market. We will just hope that it will really favor the Bitcoin price as every additional volume either big or small is really much needed to increase the real demand of Bitcoin.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

Bitmex is the #1 in volume for btc, so it will definately have the potential to effect the bitcoin price.

nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:26:41 PM

I think no. I see the price in Bitmex i way too different on other trading platforms and it kinda gives me a hard time on trading in tradingview since I can't see the chart for Bitmex.
waqasniaz007 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

I think no. I see the price in Bitmex i way too different on other trading platforms and it kinda gives me a hard time on trading in tradingview since I can't see the chart for Bitmex.
Last month btc pumped to 7800$ when bitmex exchange were offline for few hours due to schedule maintaince. This shows big impact on price of bitcoin.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:43:32 PM

I don't think so, Bitmex is just one of the crypto exchanges that can affect to price. Maybe it has a big share in the market, but Bitmex doesn't decide what price will be. The price varies depending on trader's purchase and sale. On the contrary, gathering most of the knowledgeable people together can direct the price correctly.
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

Of course that Bitmex has a big effect on Bitcoin price. I see that in the last days Bitmex volume dropped a lot and thats why Bitcoin is now pretty stable.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 09:35:19 PM

Actually, Bitmex has been around since 2014. It did gain a lot of prominence last year, but it's been a notable broker for years. Before Bitmex starting dominating the futures market, OKcoin, and to a lesser extent BitVC were the biggest futures exchanges. And before OKcoin rose to prominence, Bitfinex was the best place to short the market, going back to 2013. As you can see, leveraged shorting has already been common for several years in Bitcoin.

It seems like you're implying that short trading is driving the price down. This can be true, but only for limited periods of time. Shorters eventually need to buy back to close their positions, so they aren't a net negative factor for the price. Margin trading can create more volatility (including downside volatility), but it probably doesn't dictate the overall price trend.

Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:33:19 AM

I think that is true, but to be able to influence the Crypto price it must be in a very large volume, because there are traders who buy crypto from the market to other markets, for example the price of coins in bitmex is $ 1 while the coin price at Binance is $ 2, people buy coins at bitmex and sell it at binance.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:45:40 AM

In my ipinion yes, because although we are not really trade Bitcoin in that platform but buy and sell contract, and this contract we can buy or sell with BTC. When the number of user in Bitmex increase so the demand of Bitcoin also will increase, because we can make deposit only by Bitcoin. We can imagine if the user more than 5 million so the demand of BTC will increase as well.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:15:28 AM

Maybe it used to, but I don't think it does anymore. Back in this summer bitmex was a viable option to short bitcoin and hope the price was low and people with money sold all their coins to keep the bitcoin low and recollected at the low amounts slowly. When you buy 10 bitcoin a day you do not change the price but when you sell 200 bitcoins all at once you drop it lower.

Which means people kept buying bitcoin slowly and sold at once to keep the price low and make money from their short positions in bitmex. However if you check the volume right now it is clear that no one can do such thing or has done anything like that for a long time, price has been stable and the volume has been stable too and there has been no "sudden sell" that caused a stirr up anytime in the past 3 months.
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:07:20 AM

I dont think Bitmex has effect with Bitcoin price because this trading platform is for margin trading just like  we are trade on the metatrader platform.  We are not buy and sell physical Bitcoin,  but we use Bitcoin for make deposit  and use it to buy and sell the contract.  But because we can make deposit only by use BTC,  they can be effected the price incase the platform  get hacked or others security issue.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: