Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do exchanges interact with the Bitcoin Blockchain?  (Read 134 times)
dtmxtiger (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 07:43:30 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to cryptocurrency and Bitcoin Talk and apologize if I'm breaking any rules in advance. I searched and found that this is arguably the bitcoin forum online so that's why I posted here.

Question: I understand that Exchanges facilitate exchanging cryptocurrencies between fiat currencies and other cryptocurrencies, but how do they relate to the actual blockchain? When a trade occurs on the exchange, is it recorded in the blockchain?

For context, I've been looking to try algo-trading Bitcoin for fun. I understand there are highly skilled individuals already doing this and will likely make either no profit and/or lose all my investment, but I'd like to dabble in a little programming and trading to learn. I've been watching the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies Online Course on Youtube and have purchased a Ledger Nano S. Any advice or recommendation in terms of good resources to look at would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:52:54 AM

Question: I understand that Exchanges facilitate exchanging cryptocurrencies between fiat currencies and other cryptocurrencies, but how do they relate to the actual blockchain? When a trade occurs on the exchange, is it recorded in the blockchain?

No, it does not. They simply record the trades from every user and update each users balances according to the trade that happens on the platform. Transaction will show up on blockchain only if user made deposit/withdrawal.

For context, I've been looking to try algo-trading Bitcoin for fun. I understand there are highly skilled individuals already doing this and will likely make either no profit and/or lose all my investment, but I'd like to dabble in a little programming and trading to learn. I've been watching the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies Online Course on Youtube and have purchased a Ledger Nano S. Any advice or recommendation in terms of good resources to look at would be much appreciated.

If you mean algorithmic trading, you probably can use Gekko.[1] It's open source, and you can make your own trading strategies. It also supports several famous exchanges out there. If you look for paid services, then you can use GunBot, FoxBot etc.

[1] https://github.com/askmike/gekko

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:35:55 AM

Answer is already give by the above user,they are not transacting any funds between the exchages its happening only with the withdrawal and deposits.

If you are looking for more things about cryptos then you are already in the right place,for starting with crypto just take a look at Beginners & Help section.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀