Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto In The Phillipines Doesn't Have Any Progress  (Read 473 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cabalism13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:17:02 AM

As I was observing on our community, there hasn't been much change on this economy regards on crypto. Especially when the BTC value continues to fall last December and upto the current time.
There has been a less number right now of participants here in the philippines compared to the previous year of 2017. Some thinks that it wasn't worth their time to stay for long and wait until the rise of CoinKing.

Maybe you think that I'm wrong, because of some news that politicians are creating their coins or even making an investment on this digital money. But have you consider that this person is only another one individual. It really doesnt affect much on our current economy. It really is hard to explain and convince other people to use digital currency especially in this kind of time.

Traders are now losing their money, Holders are sleeping beauties as of now. And together with our economy, it maybe on digital or the reality,... there is no improvement at all.

P.S. No Useless Replies Please Such As Short Phrases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:29:28 PM
Merited by joniboini (1), cabalism13 (1)

As I was observing on our community, there hasn't been much change on this economy regards on crypto. Especially when the BTC value continues to fall last December and upto the current time.
I agree. As you may look into the crypto related groups in FB and Reddit, they now became less active and only posts about referals keep their page alive. The worse case is that some of them already shifted the content of their group from crypto to meme (so terrible right?). Another good example is our local board especially in the altcoin section,  I observed that the number of Filipinos who interact here gets fewer — less threads are generated and less replies are posted everyday. Imagine also this one, even my mentor, who is already in this industry couple of years before I started also lose his interest due to the depressing status of our market; what more for those people who only get hyped by btc's ATH last 2017 Undecided.

These things are signs that people are now losing interest not only to btc but to crypto in general (It's manifests in the price). This is sad but true. Nevertheless, I still believe that btc will be great again and everyone should too.
Some thinks that it wasn't worth their time to stay for long and wait until the rise of CoinKing.
Exactly! People are only interested about the price and not to its technology, to its concept and to its potential to revolutionize the traditional way of doing daily transactions. Well, I can't blame them because not all of us got the interest in technical aspects.
cabalism13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 02:49:18 PM

I still believe that btc will be great again and everyone should too.

Actually Bitcoin is still great despite of having a low value on the current market, just imagine bitcoin is still at the thousand dollar value and it's currently giving us the chance to grab its low cost. 2019 will also be the same like the past year, on the majority of chances it will not have an increase (might be wrong), and most of the $1 value tokens will be gone.

Exactly! People are only interested about the price and not to its technology, to its concept and to its potential to revolutionize the traditional way of doing daily transactions. Well, I can't blame them because not all of us got the interest in technical aspects.

That's why I can't even be proud of what we already have now, we did have a great president right now but as you can see the economy is still poor, there are still people who couldn't accept the work of technologies or I might say they are still ignorant about this and decline to study again. As long as they can hold money into their hands, as long as they can feed their children, as long as they buy their everyday need, they will be contented on what they are. They wont even budge to increase their life style and status.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:57:52 AM

Actually Bitcoin is still great despite of having a low value on the current market, just imagine bitcoin is still at the thousand dollar value
Well, you're right somehow. Maybe I already get used to btc's price which doesn't not fall down under $10k mark that's why I get a little bit upset when huge dips occur like the current market we have right now.
2019 will also be the same like the past year, on the majority of chances it will not have an increase (might be wrong)
Nah, I don't think so. It is impossible that good news this 2019 such as the ETF for bitcoin (still under consideration), Bakkt's launching and the launch of Eth 2.0 can't contribute something to change the bear market. I know it's too early to make conclusions but I really feel that this is gonna be a good year for all of us Smiley.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:23:21 PM

To start with, very rare naman talaga ang mga tao dito sa Pilipinas na passionate talaga sa bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general. Mostly, pera pera lang(obviously due to the drop in bitcoin/crypto-related communities). Take a look at most of the Philippine bitcoin/cryptocurrency-related Facebook groups. 99% e puros referral spamming hubs lang. Mostly pa nga hindi lang typical referral links(Binance, Coins.ph, etc), most of the time ponzi schemes pa. No surprise talaga in my opinion. Nakisakay lang ang karamihan nung price rises nung December 2017.

Well, you're right somehow. Maybe I already get used to btc's price which doesn't not fall down under $10k mark that's why I get a little bit upset when huge dips occur like the current market we have right now.
Price drops are nothing to be surprised about. Huge price swings are always to be expected, at wag kayong mag eexpect na mawala tong volatility anytime soon.
Nah, I don't think so. It is impossible that good news this 2019 such as the ETF for bitcoin (still under consideration), Bakkt's launching and the launch of Eth 2.0 can't contribute something to change the bear market. I know it's too early to make conclusions but I really feel that this is gonna be a good year for all of us Smiley.
Every year is a good year in the cryptocurrency space as long as patuloy ung development. Wag lang tayo puro focus sa price.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 02:54:39 PM

It really is hard to explain and convince other people to use digital currency especially in this kind of time.
Quite true and I got an experience of it. I tried to sell some of my items on a social media for BTC. There are quite alot of interested people who were asking the price, and when I said the amount in BTC, almost all reactions were the same.

"Huh? Ano yung bitcoin?"
"Di ba pwedeng cash na lang?"

I thought BTC was already known by a lot of us here in the Philippines despite of being published on newspapers / blogs, and was even aired on primetime news channels. Sadly, it was not enough. A lot of Filipinos are still comfortable with using the physical cash in their daily living. But it's not unexpected I think, 10 years of having BTC around is still quite early for mass adoption. Maybe, in another decade, we will see some quite significant changes in the state of digital / crypto currencies. (Fingers crossed)

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:13:55 PM

It really is hard to explain and convince other people to use digital currency especially in this kind of time.
Quite true and I got an experience of it. I tried to sell some of my items on a social media for BTC. There are quite alot of interested people who were asking the price, and when I said the amount in BTC, almost all reactions were the same.

"Huh? Ano yung bitcoin?"
"Di ba pwedeng cash na lang?"

I thought BTC was already known by a lot of us here in the Philippines despite of being published on newspapers / blogs, and was even aired on primetime news channels. Sadly, it was not enough. A lot of Filipinos are still comfortable with using the physical cash in their daily living. But it's not unexpected I think, 10 years of having BTC around is still quite early for mass adoption. Maybe, in another decade, we will see some quite significant changes in the state of digital / crypto currencies. (Fingers crossed)

Sa totoo lang madami naman ang nakakakilala sa bitcoin kaya lang negative na ang pagkakakilala sa bitcoin, isang beses may nakausap ako sa kung ano ang bitcoin at ang impression nya sakin e scam daw ang bitcoin, nakakalungkot lang tignan na yun yung impression nila sa crypto hindi din kasi natin sila masisisi kasi wala naman silang sapat na kaalaman dito ang pag asa na lang natin e makilala ang bitcoin and crypto thru government.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:06:23 AM

This is not associated with the price I guess, the government will be using the blockchain tech because of its good technology and yes it's gonna be a progress of bitcoin. I don't mind seeing this kind of price because price is just temporary, it will change from time to time based on the people's demand.
We are a 3rd world country if I'm not mistaken, it's normal that the development is not that fast compared to a develop countries.
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:02:56 AM

Sa totoo lang madami naman ang nakakakilala sa bitcoin kaya lang negative na ang pagkakakilala sa bitcoin, isang beses may nakausap ako sa kung ano ang bitcoin at ang impression nya sakin e scam daw ang bitcoin, nakakalungkot lang tignan na yun yung impression nila sa crypto hindi din kasi natin sila masisisi kasi wala naman silang sapat na kaalaman dito ang pag asa na lang natin e makilala ang bitcoin and crypto thru government.

Sa palagay ko rin marami na rin talaga ang nakakakilala sa bitcoin. Pag nagserach ka nga sa facebook ng "bitcoin" ang dami lumalabas na suggestions isa na dyan ang "bitcoin user philippines" meron na silang daan libong members. Tingin ko ang gobyerno lang talaga natin ang ayaw kumilala sa cryptocurrency.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 07:57:35 AM

I agree that there are people who are staying away from cryptocurrency, just because of its negative outlook by the common people. They do not study what it is and what it could do and what it offers in the long run, especially it's decentralization. I'm just curious about how and why they tend to stay away when all they heard about is the bad people who scammed innocent people out of their money. They should have known better.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how can you say that the users here are declining here in the Philippines? Have you measured the number of interactions here or something? I just want concrete evidence of that because I'm curious also.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:59:33 AM

As I observed, since the price of Bitcoin keeps falling these last few months, people really loses interest (most of all are Filipinos, I guess). We all know Filipino's attitude so well, they easily give up when they think it's not worth it. Plus, new cryptocurrencies from our country caught other Filipino's interest that made them to choose it that Bitcoin and I'm sure that other new cryptocurrency will keep rising.

Actually, it's been years since the Bitcoin was introduced but there are still some people that believes Bitcoin is some sort of "scam" or "fraud". I can tell it because I knew some people from here.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how can you say that the users here are declining here in the Philippines? Have you measured the number of interactions here or something? I just want concrete evidence of that because I'm curious also.
I'm also wondering about the same question. What's your basis OP? Well, my guess is, members from our country reduces because most of them are being reported as spammers (those twitbook spammers) and getting banned.

404 Not Found
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 11:44:27 AM

There has been a less number right now of participants here in the philippines compared to the previous year of 2017. Some thinks that it wasn't worth their time to stay for long and wait until the rise of CoinKing.

Maybe you think that I'm wrong, because of some news that politicians are creating their coins or even making an investment on this digital money. But have you consider that this person is only another one individual. It really doesnt affect much on our current economy. It really is hard to explain and convince other people to use digital currency especially in this kind of time.

Traders are now losing their money, Holders are sleeping beauties as of now. And together with our economy, it maybe on digital or the reality,... there is no improvement at all.

P.S. No Useless Replies Please Such As Short Phrases.

Excuse me tatagalogin ko na ha kasi inaasahan ko na maiintindihan mo rin naman kahit tagalogin ko, lokal thread kasi tayo.

Sa aking opinion ang dahilan kung bakit ang bitcoin ay mahirap umusad sa masang pinoy ay dahil sa laki ng porsyentong hindi sigurado ang kikitain mo dahil sa pagkasumpungin ng merkado. Mapanganib maginvest kapag hindi ka sigurado na babalik ang puhunan mo. Ito ang isa sa dahilan kumbakit urong sulong ang karamihan sa mga gustong pumasok sa cryptocurrency lalo na kung wala ka man lang kaalaman tungkol sa cryptocurrency o blockchain.

Declining sa ngayon ang mga interesadong pasukin ang bitcoin pero kapag tumataas ang halaga pumapasok na karamihan. Siguradohan ang galawan nila kaya konti lang talaga ang nagti take ng risk karamihan ay lumalayo na kaya wala kang maaasahang suporta ng nakararami mapataas o mapababa man ang halaga kasi nga takot sa volatility ng cryptocurrency.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 12:31:55 PM

~snip
Sa palagay ko rin marami na rin talaga ang nakakakilala sa bitcoin. Pag nagserach ka nga sa facebook ng "bitcoin" ang dami lumalabas na suggestions isa na dyan ang "bitcoin user philippines" meron na silang daan libong members. Tingin ko ang gobyerno lang talaga natin ang ayaw kumilala sa cryptocurrency.
Natingnan mo ba yung nilalaman ng group? Karamihan ng pinoy bitcoin / crypto currency groups sa FB ay iba ang pangalan dati, kung anong usong networking schemes yun ang pinapangalan nila sa group. Pwede naman kasing mag rename ng group sa FB kaya yung daang libo mong nakita tiyak hindi lahat yun dahil sa bitcoin ang dahilan ng pagkakasali nila sa grupo na iyon. Tulad nga ng sabi nila NavI_027 at mjglqw, karamihan ng mga groups sa FB ay hindi talaga naka-focus sa bitcoin / cryptocurrency, halos lahat puro referrals  and networking schemes. At dahil din sa pababang trend ng value ng bitcoin, nawawalan nga ng interest yung iba kaya nagiging memes na lang din yung group ginawa na lang nilang katuwaan.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:56:13 PM

~snip
Natingnan mo ba yung nilalaman ng group? Karamihan ng pinoy bitcoin / crypto currency groups sa FB ay iba ang pangalan dati, kung anong usong networking schemes yun ang pinapangalan nila sa group. Pwede naman kasing mag rename ng group sa FB kaya yung daang libo mong nakita tiyak hindi lahat yun dahil sa bitcoin ang dahilan ng pagkakasali nila sa grupo na iyon. Tulad nga ng sabi nila NavI_027 at mjglqw, karamihan ng mga groups sa FB ay hindi talaga naka-focus sa bitcoin / cryptocurrency, halos lahat puro referrals  and networking schemes. At dahil din sa pababang trend ng value ng bitcoin, nawawalan nga ng interest yung iba kaya nagiging memes na lang din yung group ginawa na lang nilang katuwaan.

Nagshare ako dyan sa mga groups na mag-invest sa NEO ako pa sinabihan scam dahil maghihintay pa raw sila bago tumaas ang presyo. Baka mauwi pa na sacam ang NEO. Mas gusto nila doubler or yung cloud mining. Kokonti lang talaga tao sa pinas na nakikita ang future ng crypto dahil nga naman sa walang positive news tungkol sa BTC or crypto sa pinas. Mga celebrity rito di naman pwede mag promote ng something na di pinayagan ng manager nila.  Pero baka sooner hindi na GCASH ang ipopromote ng mga yan.

zenrol28
Copper Member

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 03:51:31 PM

Nagshare ako dyan sa mga groups na mag-invest sa NEO ako pa sinabihan scam dahil maghihintay pa raw sila bago tumaas ang presyo. Baka mauwi pa na sacam ang NEO. Mas gusto nila doubler or yung cloud mining. Kokonti lang talaga tao sa pinas na nakikita ang future ng crypto dahil nga naman sa walang positive news tungkol sa BTC or crypto sa pinas. Mga celebrity rito di naman pwede mag promote ng something na di pinayagan ng manager nila.  Pero baka sooner hindi na GCASH ang ipopromote ng mga yan.
Naku 100% namang scam ang doubler / cloud mining eh. Siguro sa mga naunang nakasali may makukuha sila pero yung mga bagong sali, nganga sila. Medyo malayo pa tayo sa katotohan pagdating ng mass adoption dito sa pinas ng bitcoin. Kung pwede nga naman daw cash ang ipambayad bakit pa raw sila lilipat sa crypto currency. Kailangan talaga may isang matinding problemang makaharap ang bansa naten tapos ang pag adopt lang ng bitcoin ang tanging solusyon para makaraos. Yung tulad sa mga bansang kinaen ng sobrang inflation.

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 04:40:33 PM

One of the main reason is dragging down too much the crypto market price and they are now afraid to invest back in crypto.(IMO)
But I think not all of them feels like what I've said, the real crypto enthusiast will understand what is the current situation on the market. Not only in our country probably those other countries too.

Here our country people didn't understand what is Bitcoin (the whole crypto), they think that it is a scam that's why they are afraid of using Bitcoin. Even me, I don't like to convince people to use or invest Bitcoin because I don't want that later on when they are failed or having a big loose on investing they will blame me.

Indeed, all of these is because of the current situation of the crypto market cap, when the market will recover and bounce back for sure the mass adoption will back. Ganyan tayo mga pinoy eh, walang susubok kung hindi na prove na maging successful pala ang paggamit or pag invest ng Bitcoin.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:43:07 PM

Marami parin naman kahit papaano ang bitcoin users na Pilipino pero parang karamihan sa kanila ay yung mga gustong kumita by doing bounties or yung iba mga nagsusugal lang . Marami kasing Pinoy pag sinabi mong bitcoin ang nasa isip agad "scam" kaya di kaagad dumadami ang sumusubok nito .
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:33:19 AM

Marami parin naman kahit papaano ang bitcoin users na Pilipino pero parang karamihan sa kanila ay yung mga gustong kumita by doing bounties or yung iba mga nagsusugal lang . Marami kasing Pinoy pag sinabi mong bitcoin ang nasa isip agad "scam" kaya di kaagad dumadami ang sumusubok nito .

Kung hindi ako nagkakamali nagsimula kumalat sa pinas na "Scam" ang bitcoin dahil sa isang networking na ginamit ang bitcoin para maging isa sa mga payment method nila. Hindi ko na matandaan ang pangalan ng netwoking na iyon pero napabalita pa sa tv ang networking scam na iyon.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:40:41 PM

Kung hindi ako nagkakamali nagsimula kumalat sa pinas na "Scam" ang bitcoin dahil sa isang networking na ginamit ang bitcoin para maging isa sa mga payment method nila. Hindi ko na matandaan ang pangalan ng netwoking na iyon pero napabalita pa sa tv ang networking scam na iyon.

Madami akong kilala na nascam gamit ang bitcoin at simula non talagang masama na ang tingin nila sa cryptocurrency, malaking impact ang tv news sa ganitong usapin lalo na kung negative ang balita mahirap ng ibalik yung tiwala at image ng crypto sa tao.
cleygaux

Activity: 656

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:41:34 PM

Marami kasi ang nawalan ng pagasa sa bitcoin pagdating ng 2018 dahil unti unting bumaba ang presyo kaya hindi na masyadong usap usapan ngayon ang bitcoin yung iba ngsabi ay scam nga yung iba naman nalugi kasi 2017 sumabay sila karamihan na bumili at nghold kaya medyo tumamlay ang btc ngayon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: