Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy back ICO tokens after ICO  (Read 1064 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:28:47 PM

Buy back is a strategy to create scarcity thereby increasing the price of the token. You talk about why are they not buying back the token they sold from the hunters but with the present situation about crypto market, how many ICO do you know that reach the hardcap. Even the minimum investment needed (Soft cap), many are still struggling to reach it and this is the reason why you see most ico running for 2to 3 months before they end says. The point is that the market is not favourable. ICO are not making alot of contribution like ever before. if they can not get money to develop the project, how will they get money to buy sold token
NynaHoney

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:34:53 PM

I've heard this strategy but it's done if the project truly believes that their coins can have a higher price than the price of the ico so they will be happy to do it, but the problem is if they themselves are not sure of their own coins, they will want to buy it because it will only throw away their money
RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:35:17 PM

Buyback program is good if the tokens will be use for promotion or dedicated for token burning, I see few projects doing this kind of strategy to push the value of their token to rise but not all of them was successful because they lack the demand for token or the product has not been publish.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 09:43:48 PM

Hi,
just now I think about why past ICOs are not buying back their tokens for cheap price from bounty hunters and other dumpers?
Why they do not use money collected from ICO to do that?
Look at CountingHouse for example, they helping price to grow and it is really working!

I honestly don't see any need for them to buy back the tokens. What is need for them trying to keep all the tokens, whereas the tokens should be distributed and held by as many users as possible.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 09:46:36 PM

Hi,
just now I think about why past ICOs are not buying back their tokens for cheap price from bounty hunters and other dumpers?
Why they do not use money collected from ICO to do that?
Look at CountingHouse for example, they helping price to grow and it is really working!

Some ICO's are actually doing it, so they resell them at a much higher price or if the market conditions improve, but those ICO's that are doing these, has a good project and they are implementing what's on their roadmap and they reached their hardcap or even their softcap for them to do that.

Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:02:22 PM

I think this is a privacy decision from the ICO team. not just countinghouses. but there are many coins that have good developments. like FLXX. and I think they have to make maximum offers to the public or big industries to increase the price of coins. so they will buy back coins from ICO. they worry that the value of coins will not be bull because the market is bearish and public trust in crypto is low.

Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:08:21 PM

I love joining that campaign because it means stabilizing the price of the token so it will always attract new investors to buy in those dip and there will always volume, but it becomes subject for abuse, as they will create fake volume in the market.

evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:10:56 PM

It's a solid idea and I actually think we'll see it in action more often in the future.
I personally love buying tokens AFTER the ICO because the price immediately drops due to bounty hunters.
No reason why ICO teams won't do it unless they don't believe in their own token.

lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:11:47 PM

i think its a good idea but there is already some coin that are doing it and you can read it in whitepaper but what after buy they resell ? or they burn the coins

Free palestine
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:19:32 PM

Actually, buyback program is not a good way and not a bad way for ICO tokens.

The buyback program is the one way to keep the price stable and reduce the fluctuations for ICO tokens.
And there are some people who say that the buyback program is a way to manipulate the ICO tokens prices and can reduce the credibility of the ICO tokens.
astridwi

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:21:11 PM

Repurchasing is one strategy to be able to retract a user's buying interest and this I see in the bobsrepair token where the team dev is trying to implement a buy back strategy and it can keep trading activities active even if the crypto price condition deteriorates.
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 10:23:54 PM

Countinghouse perspective was good, but we cant really command that to all other ico. Because they have different insight on the project and different purpose. And their fund was meant on other things especially development purposes on their working product.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
zhengqi

Activity: 632
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:43:47 PM

Maybe that would be better. Then the developers would be able to manage the price of their coins and would be able to avoid falling. This would save the investors, because they would know that they bought the coins at a bargain price.

geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:55:24 PM

Buying bounty hunter's token is an act of market manipulation. Though its a good thing for bounty hunters and may avoid price dumping because of these. I saw many ICO that after they give the token to hunters, the price of their token goes down because these hunters need money immediately and you can not control these once the token is release to them. In conclusion, the idea is somehow good but be careful not to make a huge involvement so that it may not look like market manipulation on large scale.

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:09:26 PM

Buying bounty hunter's token is an act of market manipulation. Though its a good thing for bounty hunters and may avoid price dumping because of these. I saw many ICO that after they give the token to hunters, the price of their token goes down because these hunters need money immediately and you can not control these once the token is release to them. In conclusion, the idea is somehow good but be careful not to make a huge involvement so that it may not look like market manipulation on large scale.
Even it looks like  a market manipulation but that is our strategies,  there is no need to be afraid of. We have different plans and strategies, and stick into it to be more profitable. Everything will be good unless you abuse the others right.  Some crypto owners will do buying back to help their token price not to dump.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:15:14 PM

I think most ICO project really don't care about the aftermath of listing their coin. They just keep the monies they generated without reinvesting into their own project. You are right countinghouse is doing buy backs which is really paying of.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:17:55 PM

To buy back is a good strategy, but a project the will buy back, would have achieved  a lot.
The year's marketing has really been amazing.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:20:46 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 02:43:53 AM by Question123

Depends if the token decrease you should buy again. If you see the token is more cheaper than the ICO price you can review it and if you see the chance to increase the value you can invest more. But mostly the token who lower the ICO price is not potential because in the first place the value is stable and it increasing.
Cemploon

Activity: 644

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:28:58 PM

I think ICO coin buyers after the ICO will start crowded aftermarket prices soar, especially for Bitcoin and Ethereum. Because with the soaring market prices, of course, these ICO coins will be faster registered in the exchange market. And the price will also rise as happened in early 2018.

bakulgarem

Activity: 361

BIB Exchange

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:31:39 PM

Many ICO are now failing in marketing because the day the new ico coin prices on the market will drop dramatically when the first ico coin appears on the market.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: