Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:10:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R4 + PSU Great Condition  (Read 433 times)
TheUnd3rd0g (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:10:38 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 02:03:32 AM by TheUnd3rd0g

I've been out of the mining game for a while, but got back in recently when I recently acquired several Antminer R4's.  I'm looking to sell a few.  They are in perfect condition and hash at a little more than 8.5Ths each.   Looking to get $2,000 USD in BTC + Shipping for each item.  Worldwide shipping available if desired.  PM me if interested.
OliverC

Activity: 192
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 04:08:14 AM

Why so cheap?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 04:56:47 AM

Lol these are not worth that much anymore.

HardyGoodsLtd
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:31:53 AM

I gave one away doing under 8th, they start at 8th so yours are broken too, and you want 2k!!! are they gold plated?
sarcheer
Copper Member

Activity: 330
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:26:07 PM

2k AND he wants you to cover shipping... is it December 2017 again?

Miners:
Avalon 1041, Whatsminer M10, Antminer T15 x 2, DragonMint T1 x 3, Innosilicon T2T, R4 x 2
jhartbarger
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:22:21 AM

Maybe it was a typo and he meant $200
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:40:57 AM

Almost every post in this section has stupid high prices. I've found a few deals but mostly its super overpriced to start or, my favorite, taking offers. Then every reasonable offer is denied, wasting everyones time involved.

Sad.
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:11:57 AM

I've been out of the mining game for a while, but got back in recently when I recently acquired several Antminer R4's.  I'm looking to sell a few.  They are in perfect condition and hash at a little more than 7.5Ths each.   Looking to get $2,000 USD in BTC + Shipping for each item.  Worldwide shipping available if desired.  PM me if interested.

Why is everybody hating at his price of $2000 each + shipping?
 Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TheUnd3rd0g (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 02:02:12 AM

I've been out of the mining game for a while, but got back in recently when I recently acquired several Antminer R4's.  I'm looking to sell a few.  They are in perfect condition and hash at a little more than 8.5Ths each.   Looking to get $2,000 USD in BTC + Shipping for each item.  Worldwide shipping available if desired.  PM me if interested.

OK - the ridicule is well deserved.   What do you think would be a fair price for the last of the quiet in-home miners, the Antminer R4 + PSU.  Your thoughts appreciated.
HardyGoodsLtd
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 01:39:40 PM

OK - the ridicule is well deserved.   What do you think would be a fair price for the last of the quiet in-home miners, the Antminer R4 + PSU.  Your thoughts appreciated.

being serious with you, people are looking forward to the S15 on power save mode now, 16th from 850 watts, the fact that R4 is home quiet is not a selling point any more, I have given one away, I would not expect anyone to get $200 with psu for it really, but just my opinion, others will chime in, see what they say.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:12:07 PM

the fact is that this miner is rather old and will lose you a BUNCH of money to operate.

That being said, and with btc prices as low as they are, 100-200usd psu included sounds about right to me.

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 01:10:08 AM

The PSU is probably worth more than the R4 at this point.

You didn't mention where you are located either, which is important if buyers must pay shipping.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
zachj00

Activity: 120
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 10:17:20 PM

You would be better selling it on ebay. R4s still fetch 600+ on ebay easy. People who get free utilities with apartment rent or people who have their own office at work absolutely die for these. One guy on ebay had 5+ in his work office and he got his ROI very fast. Just depends on your circumstance I guess.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:34:31 PM

I think you would be lucky to get $500. Definitely would not sell these on Ebay, asking for trouble

t.me/bitcoinasic
zachj00

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:11:43 AM

I think you would be lucky to get $500. Definitely would not sell these on Ebay, asking for trouble

Scroll through ebay and use the search filter to only see sold listings. You'd be surprised to see what some have sold for recently. Dont sell to newbie accounts and you should be ok.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:37:54 AM

Scroll through ebay and use the search filter to only see sold listings. You'd be surprised to see what some have sold for recently. Dont sell to newbie accounts and you should be ok.

R4 are prone to failure if not run in a proper datacenter from my experience. I owned a lot of these and it is definitely not a home miner if you expect it to stay functioning. Lack of stable internet and power outages will kill the hashboards. With that said, would not sell on eBay due to charge backs

t.me/bitcoinasic
zachj00

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 03:03:43 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

I've been out of the mining game for a while, but got back in recently when I recently acquired several Antminer R4's.  I'm looking to sell a few.  They are in perfect condition and hash at a little more than 8.5Ths each.   Looking to get $2,000 USD in BTC + Shipping for each item.  Worldwide shipping available if desired.  PM me if interested.

OK - the ridicule is well deserved.   What do you think would be a fair price for the last of the quiet in-home miners, the Antminer R4 + PSU.  Your thoughts appreciated.

R4 are prone to failure if not run in a proper datacenter from my experience. I owned a lot of these and it is definitely not a home miner if you expect it to stay functioning. Lack of stable internet and power outages will kill the hashboards. With that said, would not sell on eBay due to charge backs
Ive found the R4 to be a great home miner. My 7.9 THs model has been nothing but a tank for me. The low 800 watt power pull is great because I can run it off a standard wall outlet. I also dont have to hear loud jet engine fans in the house. I think the problem that comes with this model is trying to run more than one in a single room. The fans just cant handle all the heat they produce.
TheUnd3rd0g (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:51:32 AM

Why would you expect trouble on eBay?  I've had positive results flipping miners on eBay for years?   What's the current state of all things eBay that brings forth your comment?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: