Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:20:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ETH wallet supports the upcoming hard forks?  (Read 774 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:19:28 AM

Lel. So, we shouldn't expect to get free coins. Because we really won't get free coins at all from the upcoming fork.
Yes it is applicable for constantinople fork. It's more of an upgrade so basically no new coins will be generated. And for the two other forks, they are likely to give new coins but I don't think its a bright idea to depend and think that those coins will be worth it.

classic vision there is an anonymous team but until now everything is fine and it is not a scam. I think they want to remain anonymous for security reasons and let's wait for it on January 11th
We will know if they are legit soon.
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:22:33 AM

Hello guys!

I think some of you are aware that 3 Ethereum hard forks are on the way:

* Classic Vision - January 11
* Nowa - January 12
* Constantinople - January 16 or earlier

I also heard that Binance is supporting the forks. My question is what other wallets are supporting the upcoming Ethereum hard fork? Can it be Metamask? MEW? IMToken? Jaxx?

I'm gonna stack some ETH for the upcoming fork, so any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.
constantinople this is the only and long discussed fork, for the rest there is no useful or reliable information at all. And wallets as for ether - ledger or trezor.

Wyndesam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:36:51 PM

1. classic vision has no identifiable team so the project is questionable.
2. nowa has been exposed as a definite scam with shuttershock photos
3. constantinople is a real fork, but you won't get any free coins, any eth wallet is fine
classic vision there is an anonymous team but until now everything is fine and it is not a scam. I think they want to remain anonymous for security reasons and let's wait for it on January 11th
I think now anonymous team contrary repels, now of course Ethereum is growing and I think the that will come for free tokens I think this only plus

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram | Bip Wallet | Twitter
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:57:10 PM

any wallet that has private keys support ETH hard fork. Metamask, Ledger Nano S, Trezor.
also there's several exchange that support ETH hard forks, Binance Kucoin BitForex OKEx Huobi Global and Bibox you can put your ETH in their exchange site. they has announced that they would be supporting the Ethereum Constantinople hard fork. They even mentioned that even if creates a newly forked chain, it would distribute the assets to all the users or the holders.

What about the wallet whose source is MyEtherWallet.com, is this wallet also on the hardfork list? So we can save Ethereum in the wallet MEW.
What is the advantage of hardfork Ethereum now?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:01:17 PM

Not sure about other wallet but I could remember i got a notification from imtoken saying they're in support of the so call hard forks, but to be serious still don't know how this project is going to help with all this stories they're telling.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:07:03 PM

Any wallet that support ethereum and all other altcoin will work for them I believe and if it turns out otherwise then they will come out with either metaface that will work with the splitting units, this ETH hard forks will help in lighting up of the heavy burden being lay on the ethereum network.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:20:54 PM

All the wallets you listed should support the forks, most especially the wallet that you own a private key to. Then there are some exchanges that have  announced the support, most especially that of constantinople. Apart from Binance which most people know, Coinex also sent me a mail, to state their support.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 08:32:14 PM

For now, the only official hard fork I'm certain about is Constantinople. It is supported by the wallets you mentioned : MEW, JAXX, IMTOKEN etc plus exchange wallets like on Binance, Kucoin, Coinex etc but be sure you are holding your ETH in a supported wallet. Talking about the other two hardforks, there is no official update on those from Ethereum foundation.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:29:09 PM

I have seen Classic Vision !any times, but i do not trust them. Their github was created few days to the start of the project, which makes me not to trust the project, coupled with fact that the team is anonymous.
Nowa is a pure scam. While Constantinople is the only one that is present sure to be genuine. So know what to go for.
So iam not also surprised thztmost exchanges are supporting Constantinople.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:54:56 AM

Hello guys!

* Nowa - January 12

I also heard that Binance is supporting the forks. My question is what other wallets are supporting the upcoming Ethereum hard fork? Can it be Metamask? MEW? IMToken? Jaxx?

I'm gonna stack some ETH for the upcoming fork, so any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think the suitable wallet for most forks is your own personal wallet, not exchange wallet.
Myetherwallet is a simple wallet that support most forks, and if you want more secure wallet, using metamask is ok.
As long you own the private key of the wallet, you will be able to prove the ownership of your wallet.

Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:49:41 AM

As far as I know, almost all Ethereum wallets can support forked tokens. So don't worry about it, some small exchanges may not support it, but you can extract ETH into your own wallet.

_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:01:25 AM

I think all of the wallets you mentioned support HF ETH, because all the wallets you mentioned are personal wallets that you hold on your own private key. But if you ask which exchanger supports HF ETH I can also mention it : OKEx, Binance, Huobi, Indodax.
But all of these exchangers only support Hardfork ETH Constantinople, for ETCV and NOWA I think there is no exchanger that supports it
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 04:18:45 AM

As per my knowledge every big exchange is supporting Ethereum hard forks and all private keys wallet linked to ethereum blockchian also support it.

Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:21:45 AM

I think every big wallet and big exchanges like binance kucoin okex huobi etc will support the hardfork. But they announced that they will support the 3rd one Constantinople hard fork. The other two fork is not official so they are not gonna supported by any exchange. If you have to claim first two you have to hold your ethereum at myetherwallet. Cause they will not support any multi wallet as long as exchange. And the 3rd one is very important the Nova is kind of scam and Ethereum classic vision is also not good. And if you want 3 of them though there is no coin in Constantinople keep your ethereum in myetherwallet. It's a suggestion.

irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:24:51 AM

I think all of the wallets you mentioned support HF ETH, because all the wallets you mentioned are personal wallets that you hold on your own private key. But if you ask which exchanger supports HF ETH I can also mention it : OKEx, Binance, Huobi, Indodax.
But all of these exchangers only support Hardfork ETH Constantinople, for ETCV and NOWA I think there is no exchanger that supports it
Definitely like that, currently ETCV has not announced that any exchange will support them to list, they announced that by the end of January there will be an exchange listing them. Let's wait for what will happen on January 11 and then, this project really makes me very curious.

apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:31:40 AM

Many hardfork will faced by ethereum, but I don't know which one market will support eth hardfork, last news I got Indodax will support for eth hardfork, but which one they will support for eth hardfrok, is etcv or other?
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:37:05 AM

Hello guys!

* Nowa - January 12

Any wallet that you use private key for accessibility can be used, I prefer using Jaxx and mycrypto desktop wallet version, more safer than an online one, this is the best time to buy Eth but I'm surprised it's not pushing Ethereum's price.
mudyak99

Activity: 304
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:46:52 AM

MyEtherWallet is good to supports the upcomming hardforks, All ETH holders will get free coin after that hardfork is done. I think this is good time to save your ETH
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:11:12 AM

1. classic vision has no identifiable team so the project is questionable.
2. nowa has been exposed as a definite scam with shuttershock photos
3. constantinople is a real fork, but you won't get any free coins, any eth wallet is fine
Thanks for sharing this.
No room for questionable and scam projects.
While constantinople is the real fork, we await the innovation it brings to the blockchain as well as its effect on ETH value.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:14:58 AM

This information has been mentioned a lot in the past few days and because of having a private key like Myetherwallet is supported Hard ford. In my opinion, you should choose Binance for Hard ford ETH support because information from Binance Will support is probably correct.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: