Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ETH wallet supports the upcoming hard forks?  (Read 760 times)
candelavan

Activity: 447
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:12:25 AM

I use MEW and according to the information I own, that everything will work there without changes. And in general, there is no information that some wallets will not be supported.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:31:51 PM

Hello guys!

I think some of you are aware that 3 Ethereum hard forks are on the way:

* Classic Vision - January 11
* Nowa - January 12
* Constantinople - January 16 or earlier

I also heard that Binance is supporting the forks. My question is what other wallets are supporting the upcoming Ethereum hard fork? Can it be Metamask? MEW? IMToken? Jaxx?

I'm gonna stack some ETH for the upcoming fork, so any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

As long as the wallet you will use is a personal wallet, and I think personal wallet is something that you have more access with for example, the wallet address is in your control as well as the private keys because exchange wallet doesn't provide us our private keys.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:40:06 PM

The easiest solution would be myetherwallet and maycrypto.com, these wallets 100% support upcoming Ethereum hard forks. I advise you to create a separate wallet and transfer to it the necessary quantity of Ethereum.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:50:15 PM

The easiest solution would be myetherwallet and maycrypto.com, these wallets 100% support upcoming Ethereum hard forks. I advise you to create a separate wallet and transfer to it the necessary quantity of Ethereum.
We don't even hear any advice for MyEtherwallet won't support for upcoming fork, so I'll be better to keep my coin in MyEtherwallet and lets see of what will happen after. But I don't have doubts that upcoming forks will cause change in the system and still any ERC20 token will be acceptable in my wallet.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:54:02 PM

I also wait for this forks that main eth wallets support new coins of fork. Developers said that ETCV and ETN is non-official that's why not giving private keys away is first step of security. I personally use MEW for storing my eth and holding private keys in hand is better than believing to exchanges that can ignore upcoming forks. For more information visit site stated on my signature for etcv.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:08:01 PM

I use MEW and according to the information I own, that everything will work there without changes. And in general, there is no information that some wallets will not be supported.
Yes indeed, MEW supported the fork and if you are trusting that you have a secure wallet using this web based wallet will let you gain the coins from this upcoming fork, just make sure that you fully activated every security that will keep your coins safe then you are good to go, just wait for your new coins after this fork.
vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:04:27 PM

Hello guys!

* Nowa - January 12

I also heard that Binance is supporting the forks. My question is what other wallets are supporting the upcoming Ethereum hard fork? Can it be Metamask? MEW? IMToken? Jaxx?

I'm gonna stack some ETH for the upcoming fork, so any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.
All wallets will support the fork , I also heard that the balance will support fork , which is Constantinople ! Yes and on mew you can send he will support fork
Williams_Leo

Activity: 207
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:06:12 PM

Up to now, all wallet and exchange will support hard fork of ETH in the next few days, of course, will not support ETCV and ETH nova.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
xkatarinax

Activity: 242
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:19:02 PM

I do not think that you will receive coins from hardfork if you use exchange platform for keeping ETH. I am using myetherwallet for Classic Vision. And do not knor nothing about the other two hard forks.

r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 05:25:07 PM

Binance and Okex have announced that they are going to support these hardforks and I have never heard from any crypto wallet that is going to support them. It is safer to transfer your coins into an exchange to be safe.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 06:17:00 PM

I do not think that you will receive coins from hardfork if you use exchange platform for keeping ETH. I am using myetherwallet for Classic Vision. And do not knor nothing about the other two hard forks.
There are exchanges that support the hardfork. Binance has made known its support and some other prominent exchanges. If you have an exchange or exchanges that you use you should contact the support to verify and if such exchange will be supporting, you might have received the mail from them.
Although, i would personally prefer using a private wallet.
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:24:09 PM

Not all the hardforks are genuine. Most are scam, although it is bit yet evident that classic vision is scam, but how sure are we that they will not ask for us to login to a phishing site. There are different strategize that scammers use in scamming their victims. If ETCV eventually lunches to another blockchain, then pay rapt attention and be more careful with the swapping process.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:34:18 PM

1. classic vision has no identifiable team so the project is questionable.
2. nowa has been exposed as a definite scam with shuttershock photos
3. Constantinople is a real fork, but you won't get any free coins, any eth wallet is fine

Nova is scam his site was reported like a pishing stay away
Constantinople as stated above is not giving any free coins
In a case of classic vision you have to keep eth in your personal wallet where you own your private key to know more about that fork open link to his ann in my signature

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 07:34:56 PM

Hello guys!

* Nowa - January 12

my advice is that you better not participate in hardfork other than the Constantinople hardfork. because ETN and ETCV are unofficial hardforks and I see a lot of signs that they are scams.

and for the Constantinople hardfork there seems to be no new coins to be produced. so you don't need to hold eth in your personal wallet.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Th3Program

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:39:42 PM

I think MEW in any case will be supported in all fork ETH. I think, like most exchanges . Through exchanges it is better to check with the teams. I think on the stock exchanges will also be known soon
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 07:52:47 PM

In my opinion it is best to store your coins on MEW. In my memory, this is the only wallet that supported all Ethereum hard forks. But if you want more choice about hard fork support stated: Binance, Hotbit, BitMart, ABCC, CEX.IO, OKEx, OKCoin, Bibox, Huobi, EtherFlyer, TOК, WazirX, Exodus, Koinex, Catex, Indodax.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:54:36 PM

from the information I heard ethereum will give birth to a coin named Etz or etherZero, even though the news is still not valid but the information we can at least hold for a while.
and as far as I know MEW, Meta Mask, Blockchain.info, Etereum Wallet, Mist, JAXX Pair, ledger wallet, TREZOR will support hardfork
and regarding advice, I suggest you have to be careful because hardfork will not always have a good impact on the holder

Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 07:59:33 PM

According the whitepaper of Ethereum Classic Vision, the Ethereum Classic Vision tokens will be airdropped to only users with their ETH tokens in their private wallet like MEW and not wallet address on exchange sites.
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 08:26:57 PM

Hello guys!

* Nowa - January 12

It is written on the project sites that the main wallets will support future Hard Forks. However, today I saw on Twitter MEW that they would not support the first Hard Fork.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:30:07 PM

MyEtherWallet only supported Constantinople, that is why I am doubtful if the other remaining hard fork is legitimate. Some are saying that this are scam forks that will just ask for your wallet and steal your ethereum. There are sources where you can find answer to this questions.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: