Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No crypto Blockchain  (Read 207 times)
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:43:06 PM

Ethereum & Bitcoin's Blockchains are around a cryptocurrency.
The cryptocurrency is used for Proof of Work and has many other
purposes. We like cryptocurrencies, but the reason why so many businesses haven't
adopted the blockchain yet is because of crypto rapid changes in volume & value.
Remember Steam dropping Bitcoin payments?
What about paying $0.50 in Ethereum fees every time I want to write something on the Blockchain? It's not something very attractive, isn't it?

Something I found out today is that 2 years ago, IBM offers "blockchain as a service" through something called
"Hyperledger". The article containing the information is here while the official hyperledger open source project can be accessed on hyperledger.org.

I recommend you to take a look at Hyperledger Composer and Hyperledger Fabric.
Hyperledger Composer is a set of collaboration tools for building blockchain business networks that make it simple and fast for business owners and developers to create smart contracts and blockchain applications to solve business problems.
Hyperledger Fabric is a blockchain framework implementation and one of the Hyperledger projects hosted by The Linux Foundation. Intended as a foundation for developing applications or solutions with a modular architecture, Hyperledger Fabric allows components, such as consensus and membership services, to be plug-and-play.

Alibaba already offers a solution to integrate Hyperledger on Alibaba Cloud. This says something about China, if you know what I mean!

The supporting members of Hyperledger include VERY BIG NAMES, such as:
-Airbus
-American Express
-Cisco
-Intel
-JP Morgan
-BBVA
-Fedex
-China Systems
-Huawei
-Lenovo
-Samsung
-Redhat
And many many other big names.
Are these big organisations teaming up to put an end to the cryptocurrency Blockchains?  Only time will tell

I recommend researching it and, if you can truly understand the whitepaper of these projects then explain it
to us as well. The concepts are more complex than in normal blockchains. I also don't understand whether
Hyperledger is fully decentralized (no use of server) or it still makes use of servers. While doing my online
research I only found confused opinions, some saying nodes do not need a central server while others
claiming that THEY DO need a REST server (representation state transfer)

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 07:43:24 PM

you seem to confuse yourself a little, blockchain and crypto are two different things.

blockchain technology was first introduced in 1991  > https://www.anf.es/pdf/Haber_Stornetta.pdf

that is a link to a reference used by satoshi in bitcoin white paper, ditch the names, the basic idea is just the same.

satoshi however was the first person to make a real use-case of the blockchain technology that bitcoin is based on, and if anything that bitcoin has proven to the world is the success of using blockchain.

now this give us a simple point that states, blockchain does not need crypto while crypto needs blockchain.

if anything i am sure of is the adoption of blockchain, in 5-10 years blockchain technology will be very widely used, while there is no guarantee of ultimate crypto success.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 05:22:57 AM

The "crypto" in cryptocurrency represents the word cryptography. Hyperledger is cryptographically secured.
Did you mean non-currency or no reward blockchain?
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 10:58:17 AM

you seem to confuse yourself a little, blockchain and crypto are two different things.

blockchain technology was first introduced in 1991  > https://www.anf.es/pdf/Haber_Stornetta.pdf

that is a link to a reference used by satoshi in bitcoin white paper, ditch the names, the basic idea is just the same.

satoshi however was the first person to make a real use-case of the blockchain technology that bitcoin is based on, and if anything that bitcoin has proven to the world is the success of using blockchain.

now this give us a simple point that states, blockchain does not need crypto while crypto needs blockchain.

if anything i am sure of is the adoption of blockchain, in 5-10 years blockchain technology will be very widely used, while there is no guarantee of ultimate crypto success.

Blockchains are only interesting when they are decentralised.  The token provides an incentive to miners to mine and thus “pay” for the decentralisation. This is the fundamental innovation of crypto and blockchain. The incentive mechanism. Without it you just have a boring uninteresting shared ledger that can be changed and no one would care or even know.

So no. Blockchains can’t really be useful unless they have a token of value on the network.
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 08:15:00 PM

CristianOff,
You changed the entire composition of your OP?
Please don't do that again.
CristianOff (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:02:17 PM

CristianOff,

Dear Miracle, can you expand on what you mean by "You changed the entire composition of your OP?"?

If you think I don't support cryptocurrencies, you're wrong. I do support them however I am sharing different points of views. Looking forward to understand
what you actually meant to say.

Edit: Do you mean if I edited my original post? Because I didn't
_Miracle

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 12:54:37 AM

CristianOff,

Dear Miracle, can you expand on what you mean by "You changed the entire composition of your OP?"?

If you think I don't support cryptocurrencies, you're wrong. I do support them however I am sharing different points of views. Looking forward to understand
what you actually meant to say.

Edit: Do you mean if I edited my original post? Because I didn't

It was early this morning when I read it; it is possible that I read it differently this morning if you say that you did not edit it.

BTW I didn't read it as anti-cryptocurrency the first time.
CristianOff (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:54:34 PM

Understood. Mornings are nearly always like that.
Something I noticed is that if I exercise 1hour (jogging, running or even just walking in the park for 60 minutes), I can truly focus
and rarely rarely make mistakes.
But yes, I can confirm I did not edit it Smiley
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:25:20 PM

So no. Blockchains can’t really be useful unless they have a token of value on the network.

this is very wrong to say the least, logistics is one example of where blockchain can be used without the means of any tokens. you are still confusing blockchain as a matter of a different platform where data is being processed and the blockchain that is used for transacting value.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: