Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:45:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain water purifier? earn tokens from you appliances  (Read 241 times)
elite2291 (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 10:59:05 PM

saw this today in coindesk: https://www.coindesk.com/telecom-giant-china-mobile-is-developing-a-blockchain-water-purifier?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Thoughts on this? Looks like a pretty big deal since this there's a line of blockchain-enabled TV's. Pretty cool imo
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:22:42 PM

saw this today in coindesk: https://www.coindesk.com/telecom-giant-china-mobile-is-developing-a-blockchain-water-purifier?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Thoughts on this? Looks like a pretty big deal since this there's a line of blockchain-enabled TV's. Pretty cool imo
And then i just curious about where's the role of the decentralized thing from the blockchain in this kind of development? That should be a big question consider the decentralized is the main offers from the blockchain.
elite2291 (OP)

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:32:43 PM

And then i just curious about where's the role of the decentralized thing from the blockchain in this kind of development? That should be a big question consider the decentralized is the main offers from the blockchain.

I think there's a need for blockchain especially with internet of things. right now iot has huge vulnerabilities in security and scale
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:28:49 AM

Interesting and they are into adoption.

They are helping the community to adopt blockchain through creating this water purifier. I'll wait for the finish product after the campaign and I hope such adoptions would open the minds most of the Chinese officials and they will be no longer put any ban to crypto related things except suspicious and scam ICOs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:47:10 AM

China always makes big breakthroughs,
for example, IoT has been launched and even has inserted blockchain technology in it, this is enough to make a good move.
and can be used as an example to make another breakthrough.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 01:50:19 AM

The idea is very interesting and seems different from the others. Regardless of how they will later adopt and apply the blockchain in the products they will build
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 08:41:40 AM

This surprised me, what is the value of the blockchain water purifier? Is such a water purifier a producer of pure water? Maybe this is the flow of water to generate profits? Haha, this is a really interesting point!

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:48:32 AM

This is massive and it simply goes to show that atleast blockchain technology is completely accepted and is being implemented in every field of life now and this indicates mass scale adoption of blockchain technology so we can be confident that crypto adoption will be next as crypto is the primary product of the blockchain technology.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
eneifed

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:25:18 PM

This surprised me, what is the value of the blockchain water purifier? Is such a water purifier a producer of pure water? Maybe this is the flow of water to generate profits? Haha, this is a really interesting point!

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. Although this is very fascinating. It always seems like chinese projects are making such huge strides for blockchain and iot. this is what the article says:

"Depending on how long and how frequently consumers use the product, they will earn a blockchain token called PWMC, which they can then redeem for replacement filters, or to purchase other goods.

This rewards system will provide an incentive for usage that’s lacking in other IoT products, Xiao said, while at the same time make blockchain relatable for the average person who doesn’t spend all day trading cryptocurrency."

So I guess it's based on how often you use the filter and then you can redeem your tokens earned for new filters....very interesting
alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:18:56 AM

soooooo I'll be able to earn tokens through my water dispenser and then use those tokens to buy more tokens? how are these companies making money?
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:13:27 PM

They are helping the community to adopt blockchain through creating this water purifier. I'll wait for the finish product after the campaign and I hope such adoptions would open the minds most of the Chinese officials and they will be no longer put any ban to crypto related things except suspicious and scam ICOs.
That is right, we must appreciate projects like this that only aims first to the community. Because with only less user in blockchain, the mass adoption will grow slow. But with this, it will surely adapt more users to use blockchain.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:56:51 PM

For me this is just another level of abuse of blockchain anything, why do we need blockchain for water purify anyone that invest into it must be greedy of gains and will end up losing money in this. Though, I am prejudging but the information at hand this is not going to work out well

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
carolinecary

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

A water purifier launched by China Mobile is connected to the internet of things and will reward usage with crypto tokens.
see https://igeeksclub.com/snipping-tools-for-mac/
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:38:49 PM

For me this is just another level of abuse of blockchain anything, why do we need blockchain for water purify anyone that invest into it must be greedy of gains and will end up losing money in this. Though, I am prejudging but the information at hand this is not going to work out well
there is no regulation and that why everyone can try to abuse the blockchain. in the current market conditions, this cannot be stopped. just let's teach others how to avoid such projects

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:34:37 PM

According to the article, the Blockchain water purifier will have a node, wallet, and inbuilt internet?
I was searching through the article to find detailed information about the water purifier but didn't find much.
I wonder if the company is going to charge the owners in Blockchain coin while the water is purifying. Would it be deflationary or stablecoin? I guess it could work if the company only accepts its cryptocurrency. This will encourage the consumers to buy the coin and would be good for price.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:39:19 PM

That is right, we must appreciate projects like this that only aims first to the community. Because with only less user in blockchain, the mass adoption will grow slow. But with this, it will surely adapt more users to use blockchain.

Not necessary, blockchain should not be use just like the way how this is portraying. What if they ask for investors and tried to manipulate the investors? It might be better if they focus on financial like cryptocurrency, there's no need to use blockchain for this as the perception of people should be filtered out that blockchain technology are meant for digital currencies. That is just my point of view regarding how blockchain should be properly utilized.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 03:56:51 PM

China seems to be trying to fit blockchain everywhere. In this case, they are providing tokens to users for providing their data. They could have stole that anyway without making the users aware about it just like every tech companies do but they humble enough to provide reward for sacrificing their privacy. Seems to totally fit in a highly monitored society with social credits.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

I have seen many cryptocurrency TVs on you tube so the one you saw is not the first. Blockchain water purifier sounds amiss to me. How do you earn token from using your appliance? Is buying the product attached with a token price
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: