Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Never buy too much coins because you would eventually forgot gosh  (Read 23251 times)
VaLeRaaa

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:09:21 AM

This was a big big lesson I learned last year. I have around 40 different coins in different wallets and exchanges. I am not saying this is bad especially for those gem hunters. But make sure you have the time to manage it well because there will be many updates in crypto space. Even in 2017, I did passed many bitcoin forks because of being busy in real life and it was worth thousands of dollars.

This is a very good and expensive experience ((I listened a lot about portfolio diversification last year and constantly bought "promising" coins. Now there are more than 70 altcoins in the portfolio (((And I’m just waiting for a bull run to jump out of them. It's hard to follow everyone.

Enzos

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:27:04 AM

The cryptocurrency market is cruel. Some people make money naturally. Some people will lose money. This is not a holy place for every investor to make money. In fact, short-term money is usually related to luck. Long-term profit is related to your judgment.

yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:43:46 AM

Bite only the thing that you can chew. sometimes our own greed will make us feel not content on the things like this. for me 5 coins is enough to hold. because on that way I can just leave it the way i want. most of the coins that i hold is some top 10 coins. no need to worry about changes and less stress too. 
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 08:48:39 AM

Yes i agree that, buy too much coin just make difficult to manage it and finally we will get loss, just the samething that was i did in trading, i bought to much different coins in the different exchange and finally i can not handle it when crash coming.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:04:50 AM

i believe that a coin that is like this is not worth investing in first place!
in other words if i see a developer who can't even come up with a good plan for his coin's supply and the future of it with a nice roadmap then it means that developer is no good and his production is even worse.

there are some old and gold projects out there with the developing team having a good plan for their future. you never see any of them do silly things like this!

not to mention that such coins that do swaps and you lose your money are not immutable which is a pretty big deal when it comes to a cryptocurrency.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:11:08 AM

On the one hand, keeping a lot of altcoins is good. Perhaps some of them will make a profit. On the other hand, most altcoins in the future become garbage and are simply not needed by anyone.
KingDome

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:14:05 AM

OP..
Please check Discord, sent you a message
Soo... Is this the coin you have mentioned in the thread?
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:15:20 AM

if you want to buy some coin, first thing you must do is analize and studying that coin project itself, before youre going to wasted your money, because nowadays is too many scam project out there.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:17:57 AM

That's right, when you have too many tokens in your portfolio, you will not have time to check all the tokens, namely, their price, on which exchange they are trading and make the token swap if necessary, and you will simply lose a lot of money because of it.
hengha

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:25:10 AM

Everyone makes mistakes, I hope that you can continue to maintain a good investment mentality, and I believe that the wrong trading strategy allows us to learn a lot of trading knowledge.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1666

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:26:02 AM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

I just lost 0.3 btc because of it
God damn this is so painful

Been holding the coins since 2 year ago in the ICO stage
Never make such mistake guys remember

Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. I guess we can write this as another lessons learn specially for those long term holder to check any updates coming from coins they have been holding for a long time. That's a huge amount to lost to, specially the market condition is getting worst. But appreciate you letting the community know that we really need to track everything on our portfolio and not make the mistakes you had.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:28:22 AM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

Not a good experience but most people already do that, keep focus in one direction and forget where they came from. I have the same experience but with kick coin, after check and check I lost 0.05 bitcoin. I keep focus with eth because always give me income but I forgot have another asset. Thank you for sharing this and I hope we all can avoid this mistakes. Keep focus but always check history.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
galya.crip

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:35:23 AM

In order to keep track of everything, I have to spend so much time on all this for me personally there is no time to look at everything that is happening full of other things.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:20:39 AM

Sorry for your loss, it is really difficult to keep track of all news and updates especially if we have many coins. Many people say just buy and forget about the coins for a few years and you will be rich. Like what is mentioned in OP, you can’t forget about your coins in such cases.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:41:06 AM

Yeah that's like the basic rule, only keep coins which you manage and follow the development continuously.Else you might miss out on something like swap or project update and may even forget it on the exchanges .

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 11:16:06 AM

and guess what?

sorry to heard about that,,
but that is your fault, remember, if you hold a cryptocurrencies, you should  follow the latest news about your crypto my friend
so, you didn't miss the swap period time,
just learn from your experience, because exeperience is the best teacher,

Yeah
I accept the fact because as an investor, you should keep it up with the project you invested
Devs couldn't 24/7 babysit you one by one
So i would just take it as an experience and hope i never do the same mistake again  Tongue
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:26:09 AM

I think if you buy something you must follow the project that you buy, subscribe on twitter, newsletter or telegram channel and check announcments and you won't be in situation where you have missed the swap.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:29:21 AM

and guess what?

i have not even thought about that. thank you for your hint. i will probably have to monitor my tokens more, which i hold.
but i do not think such a behavior from the ico team is good. you should always have the opportunity to exchange old token, should it come to a swap. only that would be fair to the investors.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:00:31 PM

oh that's a big loss for you, ye we can't monitor one if we have many coins in our wallet we just check the prices of our coins, but we forgot to check the project of the coins if the team still active? perform swap? just like that.

rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:02:33 PM

I feel have some certain number of coin in your portfolio that you can monitor properly is the best instead of gathering so much that you can not monitor the progress both in the market and with the dev.

Why not just monitor only few coins instead? Or you should have portfolio list in order to monitor all of your holdings in order to avoid a scenario like this in the future.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: