Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:42:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Never buy too much coins because you would eventually forgot gosh  (Read 23246 times)
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:30:18 AM

We recommend that we always keep abreast of the development of every coin that we have, so that we do not lose information on every coin that we have, this is where we learn to be able to monitor carefully and study with patience so that we can always focus on following developments on every coin we have, and we can always benefit from every coin we have.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:08:30 PM

For me it's hard to manage more coins because lot of coins they starting to dump and almost not profitable in any situation if the market goes red marks all of them are affected.
Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 01:52:51 PM

It is very important to keep track of the coins that you hold in the long run, so as not to lose them!
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:03:12 PM

What was that coin? It happened to me too some months ago but I held only a small quantity of coins.... it's very difficult to track all coins if you are a bounty hunter and I think that's why many of them sold their tokens.
Greed Dev

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:07:54 PM

I think it's your mistake because you didn't respect your portfolio. If you really take care of your portfolio, you'll test it 3 times a day and read your coins related news.
This is a common problem for new investors. You should focus more on your investment. Cheesy

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:11:38 PM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

I just lost 0.3 btc because of it
God damn this is so painful

Been holding the coins since 2 year ago in the ICO stage
Never make such mistake guys remember

I also hate all those manipulations with coins! I paid my money, and I want each coin to be changed automatically. I don't want to follow each one, I can't even do that - I have 100 of them!

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:15:56 AM

There's nothing wrong with holding lots of bags for fun if that's your kind of thing but you have a point it becomes very cumbersome to manage so many assets especially if they're all on different blockchains and missing out on a swap can be painful but unfortunately there's usually no notification service for such events

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:20:18 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Following tons of projects is really not easy, especially when the projects update their progress in different places. Don’t mind me asking, what is the project that you have lose your coin?
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:22:45 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 08:37:55 AM by ccsang

correct, it's too hard to monitor all the coins everyday, we need to always check the project update from telegram channel, I'm sure that a lot of investor lost the chance to swap coins when a project dev suddenly decided to swap their coins to new contract or move to new blockchain, so I'll check my portfolio every week and make sure getting the latest update from community channel
shad_ow90

Activity: 224

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:21:03 PM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

I am so sorry to hear that and I also have the same situation like you when I have many tokens which I received from Airdrop and Bounty. Some of them had a high price when it was listed in small exchanges but I didn't know and missed the opportunity to sell them and now they are nearly zero

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:33:13 PM

if you buy too many coins with the capital you have and then the price of the coin falls then you will lose a lot of money you have.
buy a certain amount of coins, with a number of varied coins.
Smon

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:36:32 PM

Thank you for reminding. If I invest in an ICO, I always update the news through telegram groups or social media created by the ICO Developer. At a minimum, I have to check it every day. Because seeing the development of the project we are investing in will be fun.

I don't think like you, according to me, just buy as much as you can, firstly it will be profitable if it is as expected, the second will be less thoughtful and relaxed to give you time to work, proper profits  Roll Eyes Tongue

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:39:08 PM

I feel have some certain number of coin in your portfolio that you can monitor properly is the best instead of gathering so much that you can not monitor the progress both in the market and with the dev.

I agree with you that doing so will be easy for us to control them every day in the crypto market without being too far removed. But I see, if we know how to grasp the moment, we should still buy more to prepare, rather than being passive and damaged  Sad

Am I spamming? Report me!
Jonking

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 05:52:21 PM

i think we must track the coins that we are holding once in a while, as long as we know that their devs are still there..we must track their social media's as well for some updates
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:28:11 PM

i think we must track the coins that we are holding once in a while, as long as we know that their devs are still there..we must track their social media's as well for some updates
I completely agree with you, but I understand that this is a very exhausting job.  I bought and earned a lot of coins from the Bounty company and still, almost every day, I’ve been tracking all the information related to these projects.  It takes a lot of time and my strength too.  But nothing can be done, because a thorough analysis should keep me informed and this is how I can achieve real results.
catsmile

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:35:31 PM

and guess what?

We should be in the habit of keeping track of the currencies we hold. It not only helps us know their value in time but also avoids situations like you.
Wittny

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:36:46 PM

This is serious, holding too many coin is a problem, following all the project won't be easy, the best is to select just few coins and hold, if not forgetting any of the project is very easy.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[  IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 06:42:04 PM

That's true. I used to participate in too many bounties (mostly using my Facebook account) and in the end I ended up with dozens of different tokens. It was tedious to manage all of them and to exchange them to BTC or ETH.
catsmile

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:45:33 PM

This also is my opinion.  Usually when projects swap tokens after upgrading, they will give us a long time to do that. You no need to track the coins everyday but everyweek.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:46:56 PM

I would put it differently when you do not buy only one asset( one Token) as investing in this one project money,you can generally lose everything,as he did not just get on this,took the project that screamed that will fly up,in the end he did 1-2H profit,and down,and instead of the promised 5-10x ,and such cases a lot,so always risks distribute
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: