Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Never buy too much coins because you would eventually forgot gosh  (Read 23251 times)
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:35:49 AM

Sorry about that, with the latest trend nowadays which is either swap or migrating from one blockchain to another one needs to be careful of the coins he invest in so as to be able to keep track of them always. I too have lost some coins too due to this and I have learnt my lessons thus holding just few with higher percentage being in BTC and ETH.

swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:29:15 AM

I also experienced that when I just started in crypto, you forgot about it while waiting for their announcements, I also lose my keys sometimes, but as of now there are more new features that you can securely hold your tokens. Lesson Learned.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 01:48:25 AM

Everything comes with its advantages and disadvantages. What matters most is which one outweighs the other. If it is more advantageous to diversify ones portfolio in order to increase the rate of attaining profit, I do not think just a single disadvantage should discourage an investor. An investor must always be ready to follow up on each coin in possession. Never buy at all if you cannot follow up on the coin to know its progress because you might not even know when it is necessary to cash out to make the maximum profit.

GGmith

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:23:03 AM

yes that is true, we can make your experience an example to be more vigilant before investing in any coin or altcoin. and of course investment with bitcoin will not suffer big losses because the price movements always increase and have great potential for the long term.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 04:45:02 AM

I agree with your argument, that swap is indeed very risky and cannot run successfully. I am not an investor, but I have participated in a bounty that has already distributed the token to my wallet, then the team said that the token will be swapped to its top again after it can be sold. but the process has been running for more than a year and there has been no happy notification.

so, be careful with the token / coin swap.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 05:37:22 AM

the biggest problem with holding different altcoins is always going to be their price. since altcoins are all getting pumped and dumped (some are created for pump and dumping and some are getting pumped and dumped but they all are affected) they all share the risk of losing their value in a very short time without you finding out about it.

so when you own many altcoins you are increasing the task you have to perform for watching and following them and increase the risks of losing more money.

This market has been a highly volatile market, even with BTC. But at all I found that the whales always pumped BTC first to make the investor fomo, then the altcoin pump. What everyone needs to do is wait and choose the right altcoin
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 08:07:35 AM

I totally agree with you. Buying too much coins only creates a confusion and difficult to trade by keeping an eye on all of them which eventually leads to loss. Limited and good coins will be the best option if you want to trade.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 11:59:26 AM

Who have that much money to throw around! i don't know if anyone will have so much money to invest in so many different coins that he/she can not even be able to keep count off Shocked lol! is that in fiction or reality? well if actually we have such people in the crypto community i hope they find a better way of keeping track of their assets, app like blockfolio is a good recommendation for such people, this will help them keep track of their vast coins Grin
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 01:43:38 PM

I totally agree with you. Buying too much coins only creates a confusion and difficult to trade by keeping an eye on all of them which eventually leads to loss. Limited and good coins will be the best option if you want to trade.

actually it's all up to each of them whether they want to buy coins or not. because we can't guess the coin, so we don't rush to buy coins with unfavorable conditions. therefore we need to see good conditions to buy good coins, of course.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:02:03 PM

This is the fact, never buy to many coins as the probability of forgetting some is high. Also, nowadays it either there is a swap or the coin is getting delisted etc which in each case if proper attention wasn't given results to loss.
It certainly better buying as the few we can monitor to reduce unforeseen risks.
AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:14:29 PM

I was exactly in this position of yours after doing a bounty for nebulaAi. A swap came along and I was unaware. Basically you have to keep your eyes on your portfolio be you an investor or bounty hunter lest you up with dust..
Yes, I had the same situation. Those assets that I bought as an investor are sometimes viewed. The same assets that I received as a hunter are not tracked by me.
On the one hand, we should control our assets. On the other hand, developers should not limit the time of the swap or let little time to all holders.

Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:17:23 PM

In terms of money, asset and profits. We never forgot them. But if we talk about our liabilities, probably there are many credits that we don`t know is existing. Money is our life. I am not saying that it may substitute God, but it is necessarily right now. So, we never forget them. As a matter of fact, you might forget your girlfriend`s birthday than the number of bitcoins you have in your wallet. What I am saying is that, even we bought many coins. I know that all of them can be remembered by our mind. Because they are all essentials.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 02:20:12 PM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

I just lost 0.3 btc because of it
God damn this is so painful

Been holding the coins since 2 year ago in the ICO stage
Never make such mistake guys remember

That really is a huge mistake on your part and it's a big amount, but have you tried to request the developer since it's a big amount involved he can grant your request, but if they will not. then charge it to experience and thanks for sharing this to us.

ariyzt

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 02:20:21 PM

whenever you buy coin/token you should follow at least their social media or telegram group or telegram announcement , so you won't miss any news when they do swap or another important news. I did the same thing like you, bought too much coin but i didn't miss their news regarding my coin
Delilonia1

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 08:38:06 PM

So, as you guys know, most coins will do swap when they perform blockchain upgrades or changing the coins to to a new coin

I just forgot about one of my coins and the swap was ended in the 31st of December
and guess what?

The best thing one can do is not together too many coins. When they are too much, they become difficult to monitor their processes and development. There is no reason why we should make plans to fail. Just invest in the number of coins you can manage without any stress and let the losses be limited to things outside our reach

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:11:08 PM

Sorry for that, it is indeed a painful experience. I had such issue but not as huge as yours and ever since then I tend to be extremely careful in buying coins and keeping track of all no matter what; not ready to experience such again. However, buying the ones we can monitor matters a lot.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 09:32:39 PM

and guess what?

Oh, sorry about your loss. Its very important to keep track on all the coin someone is holding because there maybe development and one may not be aware of it. I also had a similar case but this one is about sudden  increase in price. There is this crypto called Darc Token and I have some bag of the coin but I just decided to leave it for a while but unknown to me, the coin had 257% increase and I was not aware of it.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:12:47 PM

actually it's all up to each of them whether they want to buy coins or not. because we can't guess the coin, so we don't rush to buy coins with unfavorable conditions. therefore we need to see good conditions to buy good coins, of course.
Yes it is all about the investor that how much he want to invest and which coin he likes to invest but it is much better if you choose good coin before getting in, market is full of coins now a day BTC, ETH are the only good coins to invest and to spend your money, it gives profit and it is sign of safety for all new and old investors so after BTC only EHT should be chosen to invest.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:49:46 PM

In any case, for me at least 15 different coins is the norm for my portfolio.  Of course, I don’t confuse them, because before I buy them, I do a very thorough analysis and therefore I keep all the information about these projects in me.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:26:47 PM

I think there are so many ways to avoid that kind of issues like in take down notes like an old style and now that we are using high technology smart phones we can use print screens to serves as a reminders to us about our coin and other transaction that we need to do or to remember specially coin that we hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: