Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:11:36 AM

I will never go for KYC for just AIRDROPS.
If the bounty is good and will earn a lot and the project is already success then it a go for me.
I will pick only the best to do KYC, and if an investor give a lot and they are the one to do KYC they will not allow it.
It should be fair for all and all must have KYC.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:45:27 AM

This is already implemented for some projects and exchanges.

Guys, if you really don't like KYC then don't join those bounties that requires it. You should be more choosy on the bounties you are choosing so that in the end you'll not get any trouble just to get yourself confirmed and verify with KYC.

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:48:43 AM

I saw not only big investors, even small investors, had to ask KYC before they were allowed to invest in the project. It is a mandatory condition because some countries prohibit their citizens from participating in the ICO
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:15:47 AM

You echoed my thoughts exactly.
It doesn't make any logical sense for investors putting as little as  $100 to be asked to go through the kyc process.
Imagine submitting vital documents because of $100 investment.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:18:21 AM

Yes, I agree that KYC should be implemented only for large investors, because it was mainly conceived to combat money laundering.
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:09:23 PM

I all understand that they themselves have implemented this process to stop the process of investing private money. You must understand this too. Today they want to open access to big money new road.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:36:36 PM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

Agree with you bro, but don't think we can affect this process somehow Sad
Crypto anonymity has became a myth now, hope this won't go too far and we won't be forced to send stool samples to get airdrops in a couple of years  Grin

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:40:15 PM

I think KYC for big whales has no influence whatsoever, in my opinion they will continue to do everything that can benefit them.

Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 07:00:19 PM

I still don't know why I hate the so call kyc maybe it is because of all rewards that are supposed to be received and failed due to kyc or my waste effort. I think it should be stopped and be done for some more reasonable purposes and not avoiding to pay

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:04:03 PM

KYC should be for every investor , from the guy who invests 100k$ + to the guy who invest the minumum amount because it's not fair for some guys to do KYC and for the others just simply come and buy with 10k accounts with a minumum invest in each of that account ...this will bring a lot of new frauds , scamy projects and so on so your post makes no sense,sorry.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:04:57 PM

In general, you should cancel this procedure. And everyone will heal calmly. This will be their personal experience. Or create a single official KYC. Companies and participants are all on an equal footing.

thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:11:33 PM

KYC should be for every investor , from the guy who invests 100k$ + to the guy who invest the minumum amount because it's not fair for some guys to do KYC and for the others just simply come and buy with 10k accounts with a minumum invest in each of that account ...this will bring a lot of new frauds , scamy projects and so on so your post makes no sense,sorry.

I fully agree with you.

If a limit will be set on some level, let say for example $10k. You don't need to pass KYC verification when you buy less than $10k, what problem would be to buy anonymously up to 10 times for $9.9k ?! The regulation should apply to everyone, otherwise it will lead to further problems.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:20:06 PM

It all depends on why this procedure is necessary. If for investors, then according to the laws of many countries, KYC is a necessary procedure and nothing can be done about it. If for bounty hunters, then it is rather nonsense.

Rostock

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:04:37 PM

I don't think the KYC can oblige whales in any way. In addition, if we talk about the sale of large amounts of cryptocurrency, it often happens as if from under the table.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:44:25 PM

There is no doubt that huge investors must pass KYC. But for whan bountyhunters must do it? They just want to deposit their tokens on exchange and sell them there. Also their tokens usually cost a little.
IndianaJons

Activity: 336

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:46:38 PM

- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

Large investors who have millions of dollars, can dictate terms to new projects. They can knock out a significant price reduction or refuse to pass through the KYC and so on. And the project developers will most likely do everything to please the large investors.
You and I, like thousands of other small investors, cannot dictate their terms to new projects. Therefore, we are either engaged in investing or not.

shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:50:53 PM

Agreed in that KYC should not be mandatory for small casual investors. It is the whales that move mass amounts of coins and it is these people that need to be verified for AML, small fish have no impact and should be missed out to avoid unnecessary work

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
uniquark

Activity: 533
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:55:46 AM

I think most people who invest over $ 10k are KYC their information. In addition, they will learn about the project really, because the money they invest is a huge amount, ICO investors are now much smarter.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 10:23:59 AM

I think KYC is not for big whales only, because i joined a bounty program last time, it needs a kyc even for a small time hunters. I ask my friend about that, and they tell me that KYC is only for big whales, but i objected them because in my bounty program i've joined it requires KYC. So for that it depends upon the bounty manager how it needs a KYC or not.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:37:25 AM

Agree with you bro, but don't think we can affect this process somehow Sad
Crypto anonymity has became a myth now, hope this won't go too far and we won't be forced to send stool samples to get airdrops in a couple of years  Grin
If you are still using centralized exchange site and you should not hope for anonymity. Centralized exchange sites are fully regulated and if you wanna be anonymous and then just use DEX as a way to achieve it but sadly it lacks of volume.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██