Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:18:05 AM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
I agree, it is a very good idea, limits of investments according to KYC are a good decision, if KYC is neccessary. In most cases it shouldn't be neccessary for the average small investor. Unfortunately, some projects make no difference if someone invest 100$ oder 100000$  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:28:45 AM

KYC for big investors is already required in every project, even small investors are required to verify KYC but not as complex as big investors, and KYC for bounty is to avoid multiple account fraud
Most of the ICO today requires KYC for their investors and also for their bounty campaign for them to able to get their rewards from the bounty campaigns. But many of the bounty hunters do not like KYC because they do not want to give their real identity to anyone. I agree that KYC will only applies for the big investors or just investors of the ICO.

iyah adrian

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:36:32 AM

KYC for big investors is already required in every project, even small investors are required to verify KYC but not as complex as big investors, and KYC for bounty is to avoid multiple account fraud
Most of the ICO today requires KYC for their investors and also for their bounty campaign for them to able to get their rewards from the bounty campaigns. But many of the bounty hunters do not like KYC because they do not want to give their real identity to anyone. I agree that KYC will only applies for the big investors or just investors of the ICO.

It seems like that, Bounty hunters don't like KYC may not want to tell their identity. But actually it's also said above to avoid bounty hunters who play multiple accounts. I actually agree that KYC is only for large investors.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:44:30 AM

KYC is a good idea but in the name of KYC, some projects do harassment of the bounty hunters. For some countries, their NID is mixed language with English and local language. KYC team rejected them but hence the bounty hunters have no hand. If they found the authority of the country, they should accept. KYC for big investors are already opened for many projects even in exchangers you have to be KYC verified for being big investors.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:33:54 AM

It seems like that, Bounty hunters don't like KYC may not want to tell their identity.
Most of the bounty hunters wants a very simple bounty where they work and get their payment and eventually dump it.
KYC is just so big, bounty hunters do the task and get paid, they don't release money to invest in the project, so I believe KYC should only be for investors only.
But actually it's also said above to avoid bounty hunters who play multiple accounts. I actually agree that KYC is only for large investors.
Most of them does not really care about multiple accounts, as long as they get the advertisement they are expecting, they will pay and KYC is not the solution to prevent double account, and if they find one, they would still keep the allocation instead of sharing it to those who are honest.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 04:24:18 AM

for that, all ico have implemented it. so you don't need to worry. and indeed, for investors, it is most likely to use a passport and identity card. not one of them.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:44:58 AM

- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
I slightly agree on you, sometimes the project required KYC for they don't want the people from other countries like USA to participate because they don't want to violate any law. And one of the reasons they required KYC on bounties is to avoid multiple accounts/registrations.

canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:00:50 AM

For me, KYC/AML is for legal purposes only... What if all investors demand the Full information of all admins and member of that specific project? That will be more great for being real and the transparency issue ( not only the project but the whole team from investors, bounty hunters, developer and many more. ).

Anyway, its up the project on what their demand with. If you don't want the demand for KYC, go find other project. Less complicated for sure.
zachyboy090118
Copper Member

Activity: 141
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:11:13 AM

Limiting is also a good idea, meaning of KYC is know your costumers but like bounty hunters they are not costumer they only a participant promoted a project, its to heavy if all doing KYC. The best example is airdrop, we know how small we income in airdrop and then require KYC. That not fair to all, its should be categories as a fair assistment.
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:15:32 AM

absolutely right, KYC for bounty hunters is needed to avoid cheating. but that will not prevent them from continuing to cheat, they always have the sense to fool the bounty manager. but at least KYC has minimized fraud.

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
riska hanissa

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:47:35 AM

I really agree with this,I hope KYC is eliminated for bounties and airdrops
because for me it's all unnecessary

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:52:29 AM

That is a reasonable idea, actually there is no reason to require Bounty hunters or people who invest lets say 100$ to provide the evidence of their identity, but when someone is investing 10,000$ it is strange not to ask him to pass KYC.
vasilev456

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:03:20 AM

Using KYC is of course a good idea, but they began to be introduced everywhere, even where it is not needed at all!
djuragan

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:16:47 AM

KYC is a mandatory requirement for any whales investors, to avoid of a money laundering act from those big investors.
And hopefully it could also protect the value of the coin itself.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 12:05:56 PM

KYC requires only for security tokens. Why all projects with utility tokens ask for KYC and after that goes to the DEX and sell tokens to everybody? this is a very stupid IDEA with the KYC.

marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:18:07 PM

yes you are right, indeed big investors should have to verify KYC. this has even been done by almost all projects. so there is nothing to worry about.
I agree that doing kyc for smaller projects or bounty and airdrops shouldn't be necessary. They do it mainly for money laundering checks so it should be for investors not bounties.

rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:04:52 PM

I slightly agree on you, sometimes the project required KYC for they don't want the people from other countries like USA to participate because they don't want to violate any law. And one of the reasons they required KYC on bounties is to avoid multiple accounts/registrations.
I do not think so. Bounty hunters can buy someone else's personal documents to pass KYC, so KYC for bonuses won't be able to solve multiple accounts. I think that bounty wants to collect personal documents for use for other purposes

anjho.ace

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:13:50 PM

KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER should be implemented to all if the project will have the KYC for the fairness and equality.
KYC is not good for investors nor participants of bounty it is only a benefit for the ICO team for me this is not good and healthy.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:16:24 PM

I agree with you for good advising about KYC and it should be only for specific people i mean big investors. And i am sure a lot of project development and exchange owner selling KYC in the dark web. So that i decide only serious project i submit KYC otherwise my identity going to be threaten.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:52:57 PM

of course this has become a conversation and debate since there are many ico doing KYC for bounty hunters.
actually it's simple, if you don't want to register KYC you don't have to follow the bounty.
well, my advice, if you want to join the campaign, you should first ask the manager or the telegram channel about KYC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: