Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:03:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:45:42 PM

KYC should be for investors, especially big whales because they buy a large amount of tokens and coins, they should verify their identity  to ensure no manipulation and fraud occurs.

digitalblock

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:02:52 PM

I believe that there should be full equality, it does not matter, either you are a whale or a regular investor. For all conditions must be the same.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:18:26 PM

I agree with you whales are the one that should do KYC because they are the one that has the potential to manipulate the market with their huge amount of coins in their hands, bounty hunters are only getting a very small fraction of the supply.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:49:34 PM

In my opinion you really had a good idea. But I am also wondering if the big whales would expose their identities and let others know who they are. I certainly think not. In as much as we would like to get anonymous, the more they will be to protect themselves. If required I think they would be making aliases to hide themselves from the public eye. And because it cryptocurrency is business, they would be the VIPs who are treated and given more advantage than regular or small investors.

trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:29:48 PM

Whales will simply not allow this. Although we already know some of the big whales, and you can often find information about them on the Internet, such as Roger Ver. This person today does not hide his condition.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 06:15:10 AM

Yes, a KYC check, if it is so necessary, only large investors should pass. Now, with KYC testing, it’s just absurd. At every step and in almost every operation with cryptocurrency, we must leave all the basic information about ourselves. No conventional means of payment requires the provision of as much identification information about its owner as an anonymous cryptocurrency. Everything turned out exactly the opposite. Anonymous cryptocurrency has become the most attached to the confidential data of its owner.
In any case, bounty hunters should not be tested by KYC at all, since they are not investors.
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:30:41 AM

Whales will simply not allow this. Although we already know some of the big whales, and you can often find information about them on the Internet, such as Roger Ver. This person today does not hide his condition.
We are talking of whales, they should be many here.
They will not allow to comply with KYC as they can simply buy in an exchange, they do not need to invest in ICO.
Playing the price is their game and they make constant money with that, without them,
 the price would not be volatile as they are in charge in doing that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:28:26 AM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
Of course, only large investors in cryptocurrency should pass KYC checks. It makes no sense to collect confidential information about all individuals who invest in cryptocurrency, even small amounts. This test is already reaching the point of absurdity. It seems that it will be introduced everywhere so that fewer people use cryptocurrency. It simply discredits the meaning of cryptocurrency. When using this anonymous currency, we are forced to keep confidential information about ourselves and copies of our documents at every step, which we do not do even when using ordinary currency. Checking KYC to all, without exception, slowly kills cryptocurrency, in any case, very narrows the scope of its practical application.

agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:45:25 AM

i think so too, but KYC procedure doesnt really need for investor, it just need for bounty and airdrop participant.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 01:15:43 AM

I strongly agree with your opinions as KYC is to control money laundering and fraud and the bounty hunters only collect small amount of btc or dollars when it converts to fiat or BTC money, so it must be for big investor not for bounty hunters.
That is right. Because the only purpose of KYC is for the users that are attempting to use fraud on their investment. But for those bounty hunters that are just earning some small coins should be excluded on this.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:00:40 AM

- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

Apparently, if that is the real reason at all then what you are saying should be happening but it is not. The reason they only implement KYC is to eliminate a lot of participants that will failed to pass so they will pay less rewards and they think they did smart but it just only affects the credibility of their team.
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 11:34:12 AM

seriously, it becomes very annoying when asked to do kyc for an airdrop or bounty that is not worth $20, for crying out loud , kyc should be for big investors not airdrops or bounty hunters. Although a lot of them are scam, creating a way of stealing information from the poor airdroppers and hunters for their selfish purposes.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:42:18 AM

I think this is a requirement if the project wants to get listed on a centralized exchanges like binance that all their token holders should have passed KYC. Yes it should not be mandatory to us being a bounty hunters but we can't do anything on that unless we will not going to join on their bounty. Only those admin and developer has the final decision about KYC. If we want to claim our rewards then we need to follow them. I just hope that they should take care of our data not to get into the dark web.
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 06:40:49 PM

I cannot agree with you, because there are enough cheaters, they are trying to invest more than the maximal cap per person. It should be made for each single ICO participant and the same for bounty hunters.
NLO

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:42:28 PM

Good idea. Usually, large capitals have a chance of dishonest origin of their money. That is why they need to confirm not only KYC, but also where their money comes from.
What is the difference to us from where they have money? Are they white or black? the main thing is that they invested in cryptocurrency!

Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 09:47:41 PM

You have a point. It's really annoying to take kyc if you just joind airdrop and bounty to just receive small amount of tokens. Sometimes i think it's unfair but in reality we have nothing to do about it because every project or most of the project requires kyc now. So,we have nothing to do but to follow their rules.

motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:09:28 PM

You are very correct. I believe for investors that are investing less than $200 kyc is not really necessary but for institutional investors who are investing hundreds of thousands of dollars into a project that is when kyc is really necessary . Collecting private personal data of thousands of people is bound to make the company subject to some regulatory concerns and also there is no real oversight on how this information is stored so these people are in potential danger of data leak through acts and security breach .

marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:42:55 PM

I agree that it is impossible to complicate the kyc process for small investors, because it can damage the market. otherwise, this market will only be for financial institutions.
NLO

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:50:42 PM

I agree with you for good advising about KYC and it should be only for specific people i mean big investors. And i am sure a lot of project development and exchange owner selling KYC in the dark web. So that i decide only serious project i submit KYC otherwise my identity going to be threaten.
You only need to transfer your passport details when you are sure in the project, and that he will pay money for the work.

NLO

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:59:33 PM

seriously, it becomes very annoying when asked to do kyc for an airdrop or bounty that is not worth $20, for crying out loud , kyc should be for big investors not airdrops or bounty hunters. Although a lot of them are scam, creating a way of stealing information from the poor airdroppers and hunters for their selfish purposes.
You may not know how much a coin from the airdrop will cost in the future. But to demand kyc, in any case, for airdrop is terrible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: