Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 11:58:14 PM

I agreed with you, KYC should be big whales and should be standard at least more than $1000 worth coins or tokens,most of ICO are just getting KYC on very little amount of tokens and coins.

deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 12:16:02 AM

To be candid, there are some good and bad aspects of KYC. I understand fully well that since we are talking decentralisation, there should be some level of anonymity, but to protect citizens of some governments, KYC is essential. You have a point, it should be for everyone. For example, if I'm buying below 1 ETH, what's the need to do a KYC since its not a big risk?
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:36:29 AM

I am actually a person who does not like to do KYC, and avoids joining Bounty with KYC,
but the advice you give with the exception of whales like KYC also has a negative impact,
for example whales or investors who buy coins of 10,000 USD or more are required to be KYC,
and when these investors don't like KYC, they don't want to buy coins with a nominal amount of 10,000 USD, this can limit investors from buying lots of coins to avoid KYC,

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:36:57 AM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

This I agree this whales are the one more likely to make a profit and control the volume and market price of the token, so they should be the one to go through KYC bounty hunters can only get stakes based on their shares on the pool, not even half of 1%.

joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 01:51:40 AM

KYC should be for everyone as it's a means of determining if investors are eligible to invest especially for ICOs that are compliant with the US laws.
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 03:45:01 AM

seriously, it becomes very annoying when asked to do kyc for an airdrop or bounty that is not worth $20, for crying out loud , kyc should be for big investors not airdrops or bounty hunters. Although a lot of them are scam, creating a way of stealing information from the poor airdroppers and hunters for their selfish purposes.
You may not know how much a coin from the airdrop will cost in the future. But to demand kyc, in any case, for airdrop is terrible.
Airdrops that appear in 2018 and 2019 will be worth zero. No need to waste time with it, the airdrops now just try to steal the information of the participants and they always ask KYC, it's funny and horrible as you say

shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 03:54:33 AM

Absolutely right i totally agree with you, KYC is good practice but only for big investor not for bounty hunters. almost every bounty hunter dislike it as it is totally unfair.

sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:04:29 AM

I don't think the KYC for Airdrop is right. Large investors need to do KYC. Because a large amount of investment should be questioned. However, there is no investment for airdrop. The prize is distributed. It is a ridiculous practice for the project owner to request a KYC. I hope they'il fix this soon.

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:36:47 AM

- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
I totally agree with you. KYC checks should only be carried out by large investors. KYC checks should not be extended to bounty hunters because we are not investors in ICO projects. On some exchanges, the rules for passing KYC checks are established only if the volume of day trading exceeds a certain large amount. A significant part of investors buy a small amount of new tokens and therefore it does not make sense to pass them various KYC checks.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:41:44 AM

KNOWING YOUR CUSTOMER should not be done to anyone as it does not profit any investors on any ICO.
It is just another danger that most investors not coming to an ICO.
yes, KYC is one of the reasons why some people don't invest in an ICO because of the law in their country.
Without that law, some also don't want to go invest due to the danger of their documents to the public.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:45:34 AM

Agree. These days airdrops giving like 5-10 tokens require kyc? Aside from that, there is no guarantee of how our docs are handled.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:43:13 AM

seriously, it becomes very annoying when asked to do kyc for an airdrop or bounty that is not worth $20, for crying out loud , kyc should be for big investors not airdrops or bounty hunters. Although a lot of them are scam, creating a way of stealing information from the poor airdroppers and hunters for their selfish purposes.
You may not know how much a coin from the airdrop will cost in the future. But to demand kyc, in any case, for airdrop is terrible.
Airdrops that appear in 2018 and 2019 will be worth zero. No need to waste time with it, the airdrops now just try to steal the information of the participants and they always ask KYC, it's funny and horrible as you say
For those who are only taking a small piece of the pie, yes indeed this KYC should not be implemented as they won't be enough revealing your identity
for some penny that you will receive, considering that you already did what the team asked you, that should be enough and we are inside crypto being
anonymous should also be considered.
Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:05:05 AM

No, it should be implemented for everyone involve that is in the rules of a project, people should follow these rules and we can also trust them in our identity as long as they are true to us.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 06:52:01 AM

Agree. These days airdrops giving like 5-10 tokens require kyc? Aside from that, there is no guarantee of how our docs are handled.

This is not only for airdrop, this KYC is also requirement for investment and bounty campaign.
For airdrop, I don't think it's wise to comply with KYC, most of the coins that gives airdrop ended up scam, don't trust them with your identity.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:57:44 AM

I am also a bounty hunter. I believe that KYC is fairway to remove spam and to remove fake users. These ICO owners are purely ignorant and paying their tokens to hundreds of bounty participants not knowing that the 12 of them is only owned by one person. Some bounty hunters I know are living in bounties, they left their job to focus full time in bounties.

This is not only for airdrop, this KYC is also requirement for investment and bounty campaign.
For airdrop, I don't think it's wise to comply with KYC, most of the coins that gives airdrop ended up scam, don't trust them with your identity.

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:04:56 AM

KYC should be for everyone as it's a means of determining if investors are eligible to invest especially for ICOs that are compliant with the US laws.
The laws of the United States let them apply to the territory of the United States and its citizens. Now from the cryptocurrency have already made a cesspool. We leave our identification data and copies of our documents at every step, up to and including references from banks, housing organizations, and so on. From anonymous and confidential it turned into a currency, which is accompanied by all the data of its owner. Now the most anonymous can be considered cash. They can still pay everywhere without checking KYC. And it is time to rename cryptocurrency, it no longer corresponds to its name.
evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 07:38:23 AM

Well, you can push those points to your local politicians, but receiving airdropped assets is subject to regulation so ICO-ers have to comply. Not sure what a post on bitcointalk can achieve in that regard.

JeBro

Activity: 714
Merit: 10

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:15:57 AM

I also think that investors are the only ones who are required to undergo KYC procedures. Bounty hunters do not have to go through it. After all, the main purpose of an KYC is to combat the laundering of criminal money, and bounty-hunters do not invest, but on the contrary receive rewards from the ICO-projects. It seems to me that those projects that require bounty-hunters for the introduction of KYC verification are not law-abiding themselves. Most likely they are selling bounty hunters data for additional income.

coino.org

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:55:53 AM

Man, KYC doesn't solve most of problems. Recently one of my friends tried to withdraw 100 btc from binance and you know what happened next?
His account was blocked and he was asked to provide source of funds! What is more his tiket was stopped then after all proofs, and support doesn't respond him!
raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 11:33:00 AM

You should not forget that it is these whales that we are talking about today that they have the opportunity to influence prices in the cryptocurrency industry. The best that can be today is an increase in price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: