Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:13:53 PM

Maybe it made sense if everyone did not try to disguise their large sums in smaller amounts! So with a KYC requirement at large amounts, the person or group of people could fractionate those amounts! Regarding KYC and bounties, I definitely stay away from projects like this! It's not avoiding exposure, simply the reason is that most of these projects are behind your information, even when it's not ICOs and ask for 'email'! It's a sophisticated way to get your information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:55:24 PM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

That is to ensure the reliability and the nationality of the investors. They need to follow up some country regulation if they can invest or not in an ICO whether they are big or small.

dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:44:20 PM

Honestly, KYC should be mandated for everyone especially bounty hunters.  KYC should solely be for the larger holders of such coin.  I think the main reason why hunters ate involved in KYC is mainly to discourage multiple accounts which is greed. Apart from that it should be for the market determinants - the whales.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 05:06:53 PM

I agree with you that,  kyc should be meant for the big investors those that have the larger percentage shares or token of a particular project and leaving the small of few shares hodler without kyc.
However, a system or regulation must be fair, because there is no comparison between large or small investors, they are all investors. If treated like that, it will only cause cause and endless problems. They like it or not, it must be treated like that.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:46:43 PM

I agree with you that,  kyc should be meant for the big investors those that have the larger percentage shares or token of a particular project and leaving the small of few shares hodler without kyc.
However, a system or regulation must be fair, because there is no comparison between large or small investors, they are all investors. If treated like that, it will only cause cause and endless problems. They like it or not, it must be treated like that.
I support your view, kyc is meant to be for all, that will help in regulating the the whole space.
I low investors are left out, this will create room for people cheating the system by creating multiple accounts to invest.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 06:06:00 PM

team asking for KYC shouldn't be necessary but yes form the exchanges I guess we all have to comply to it including the bounty hunters. no matter how small the money involve. this is exactly the whole point here since the exchanges are already asking all the information we have when we register to the exchanges. I don't know why we have to entrust our data to a team that doesn't have security over our files.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:01:49 PM

- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
I do not agree with this. As far as you are participating in ICO's i think there is need for each and every investors to go through KYC process because there might be some persons who might possibly run multiple and purchase the token then dump at any cost. So to avoid this, strict KYC measures should be put into consideration to avoid all this from happening.
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:09:27 PM

How jesus do you imagine KYC only for big whales? They can easily split their capital in order to avoid this procedure. I think every person should pass KYC and AML procedure!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 11:22:50 PM

you are very right because in any institution, only people with huge amount of monies are checked very well. Most of the online payment gateways all do not allow very large amounts of money to be passed through them. To use large amounts, you must get verified. The same should be like investing in crypto if they are really into money anti money laundering.
On the part of bounty hunters, making hard verification for a bounty hunter who has a share of your tokens which are not even worth more than 100$ is very bad. There are many ways to check cheaters than asking for members ID cards and a sries of verifications that may even lead to the hunter not getting their coins.

Denton

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:26:54 PM

This is a very controversial issue. On the one hand, it is unreasonable to require the participants of the bounty to pass the KYC procedure, but on the other hand it helps to fight fraud. Therefore, KYC is not so difficult for them. Investors in any case must pass the KYC, this requirement is in almost all projects.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:43:46 PM

Honestly, KYC should be mandated for everyone especially bounty hunters.  KYC should solely be for the larger holders of such coin.  I think the main reason why hunters ate involved in KYC is mainly to discourage multiple accounts which is greed. Apart from that it should be for the market determinants - the whales.

No. Kyc is not invented to prevent bounty hunters from cheating but kyc enables you to increase your limits .  not all service has a kyc , so if you are not a fan of it you can just skip them and find another less strict project .

How jesus do you imagine KYC only for big whales? They can easily split their capital in order to avoid this procedure. I think every person should pass KYC and AML procedure!

Why split ?  Kyc is verry simple , you only need to upload two i.d's ( passport and drivers license )  after that , you can now buy or sell bigger volumes .
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 11:55:25 PM

I am looking forward to the time that, no project would ask for kyc again. That will make bounty participants to feel safe and would want to participate in much projects, to coverup for the shortcomings.
Even if whales would be made to do kyc, It should not extend to bounty participants.
Whales will only do it if they are investing.
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:44:28 AM

I agree with your view point, the KYC requirement has being overused by projects and be also the way they delay the distribution of the bounty's token

malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:49:29 AM

I think there should be no KYC for any user. Rather regulatory framework is needed for the respective persons of any project or exchange. So we know who is who in a project. Good project disclose valid linkedin profile of the owner. I think spme other measures can be added to secure our investment.
A whale can do anything with his own money, we cant control that
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 05:13:35 AM

It really is. The KYC check has the task of preventing the laundering of dirty money and fighting terrorism. If a small amount of funds is invested in an ICO project, there is no point in conducting a KYC check in this case. The ICO team may simply warn that China and the United States have banned their citizens from participating in ICO projects and before buying tokens investors must confirm that they know this and that they are not citizens of these states.
With respect to bounty hunters, checking KYC is generally illegal. We are not investors in ICO projects and should not undergo such testing.

NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 05:17:55 AM

No. Kyc is not invented to prevent bounty hunters from cheating but kyc enables you to increase your limits .  not all service has a kyc , so if you are not a fan of it you can just skip them and find another less strict project .

Why split ?  Kyc is verry simple , you only need to upload two i.d's ( passport and drivers license )  after that , you can now buy or sell bigger volumes .
in any exchanges if we passed 2nd tier KYC we will get more amount to withdraw.some exchanges already make rules that if we want to withdraw we have to pass kyc first.and we could not offer that rules.but for ico i am doubt what its used for.
Meryn

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 06:09:14 AM

I agree. For a bounty hunter, it's unnecessary. only troubles us. it doesn't matter if you just submit your identity card. but, we are obliged to submit the bill and a photo of ourselves. we only get coins based on our work. moreover what we get is not much. but they actually make it difficult for us.

Groucho

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 06:56:04 AM

I am undertaking a lot of KYC as I am participating in airdrops joining new exchanges etc last one I joined to have any withdrawal facility you need to submit KYC. Crypto-currency always went by the argument personal financial anonymity this is certainly not the case even for us small fry but Binance like other exchanges always require KYC of access for withdrawals of large amounts of bitcoin & other crypto assets. I consider that whales do indeed submit KYC to trade on exchanges that are centralised large volume non-centralised exchanges are of course different personal financial anonymity Smiley 
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:49:28 PM

I also believe that passing KYC in order to get a few dollars tokens in an airdrop is absurd. Even if a person buys tokens during an ICO in the amount of $200- $300, then this is also not so large a sum to require KYC. We do not show a passport and a receipt from the bank to buy some things in the online store.
Jrfranco

Activity: 786

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 10:25:43 PM

I think kyc should be for everyone and there should be no exception because this is for the good of the community and the project as well. Big whales should not be an exception but if the situation would be in favour of us, I would agree on this idea, there is nothing wrong about kyc, as long as we submit the right data.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: