Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC should be for big whales  (Read 25305 times)
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 12:14:50 AM

I can still accept kyc for bounty and airdrop. because they are both participants who want to help the success of ICO too, but they don't spend money. while investors spend a lot of money to help the success of ICO, so ICO does not need to know who issued the money, but must know who is the only participant who will be given a salary.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zissmieus

Activity: 180
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 01:00:37 AM

I think projects offer KYC because they want many people to know about their projects. However, many cheater use it to make more requests. So if possible, we need to develop better technology so we can safely verify users about personal information and reduce cheater trying to get rewards they don't deserve.
Augustyusuf

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:04:59 AM

im agree with this statement, because mostly token or coin, the value or price of it was easily manipulated by several whale, they can control market and some coin or token price out there, so they should be did KYC.

RideNodeTM (RIDE) is the First American Ride and Transportation Blockchain and Virtual Currency.
https://ridenode.io/[/cent
april08

Activity: 466
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:51:27 AM

KYC for investors is not a bad idea. Though, crooks have a way of beating it. They use others documents to pass it. Another area that security needs to be beef up is the Bounty owners by Bitcointalk and other appropriate authorities.
qmclak

Activity: 275
Merit: 2

"Trade with profit"

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 03:14:22 AM

Agree, KYC should be for thoss people who hodl thousands of dollars in Trading Exchange. Small investors tend not to play with their small investment compare to Big Whales they manipulate the market. And also KYC/AML should be for Big Whales since they are the one who hold huge money in crypto-space.

♦[https://www.forextrendy.com/?hop=scdigital9]♦ ► FOREX TRENDY ◄ ♦TRENDS SCANNER ,Increase your chance in winning  ♦
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:17:08 AM

KYC does aim to reduce cheating like multiple accounts on a bounty or airdrop, but many bounty hunters don't agree
with KYC in a bounty, for me it's not a problem filling KYC if the project is potentially good in the future
the problem is that many teams are very unaware of the data obtained as a result of the ICO and KYC. Personal data goes to very different places where it is collected and illegally processed.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:15:35 AM

Many bounty hunters have lost their reward due to this kyc issue, this isn't because they don't want to do the kyc, but because those at the distribution end just wants to deny them their reward by failing the kyc they have done.  You see them bringing  strigent measures to see that bounty hunters fail. I think kyc should just be put to an end for bounty hunters and be left for investors.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:28:19 AM

The idea of KYC does not matter the status of the investor or holder. KYC means "Know Your Customer", hence every holder irrespective of the amount in possession must be known by the project developers. Aside this, KYC is for verification purposes in order to check double and bot entries so i don't see the need why KYC must be restricted to on whales.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 08:44:29 AM

KYC for investors in mandatory, i think they are the so called big whales as they have the power to buy so many in cheap price;D..
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 09:04:08 AM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying
KYC measures should be available for everybody because money laundry is a big deal. The thing that i don't like regarding this measures is the safety of the given personal data.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 09:25:27 AM

No one will disagree with that KYC should be for big whales because lot of money they investing for that project to avoid money laundering, even the small investors also are providing KYC for the sake of the project. The bounty hunters should not provide kyc they are only participants.
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 11:44:06 AM

KYC for big investors is already required in every project, even small investors are required to verify KYC but not as complex as big investors, and KYC for bounty is to avoid multiple account fraud
I completely disagree with your point of view.. Anyone who wishes to run multiple accounts can still use nefarious means to secure documentation.. I  think KYC for airdrop and bounty hunters is a complete heist to rip bounty hunters. KYC in full means Know Your Customer and Bounty hunters are not customers but rather workers who engage in marketing for this burdening projects.. Asking such individuals to provide personal information and documentation is an insult...

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:49:25 AM

KYC is a mandatory for all investors and bounty hunters if the team dictates it.
I am not into KYC as i am against on this for the security of our identity and our documents.
Though there are facts which the team should do KYC. they should prevent people from having their tokens which are into restricted country.
Jpt

Activity: 374
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 01:16:43 PM

I am not in favour of providing KYC information. It is not reasonable to provide KYC information to the project unknown, and who guarantees that our personal details are not used for other purposes than required? The market has many types of projects, genuine and fake. In case of fake projects, I doubt that they may use our KYC information for illegal purpose. Some projects fail to survive and discontinue. And in this case also, our KYC information may be used illegally.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 02:04:45 PM

I'm also against KYC but if use fiat money and bank deposit or card then the KYC is mandatory for obvius reasons, to use your own card and not stolen and to protect against money laundering.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:07:40 PM

It is ridiculous that some ICO require bounty hunters to take a KYC when the payments are only worth a few dollars, and as they are not even listed you can argue that they are completely worthless. Definitely for whales only, not for everyone

robaya

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:09:47 PM

I'm also against KYC but if use fiat money and bank deposit or card then the KYC is mandatory for obvius reasons, to use your own card and not stolen and to protect against money laundering.
actually KYC is what we should and often do in trading and banking activities. if the KYC in the campaign or to register for the exchange is still very reasonable.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 02:55:03 PM

I'm here today to drop my own point about how KYC should be use
- KYC requirement for bounties and airdrops is so unreasonable ,KYC implementation is no doubt a good idea but it should be forced only on big investors that wants to buy large amount of a token either From Exchanges
- there should be limit for KYC requirements e.g like if an investor wants to buy 10,000$ worths of tokens upward then he or she must go through KYC ,just saying

Well KYC is required for every investor putting money into a cryptocurrency project regardless of how much you intend to invest. It is a statutory requirement needed to checkmate money laundering and the likes

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:03:42 PM

actually KYC is what we should and often do in trading and banking activities. if the KYC in the campaign or to register for the exchange is still very reasonable.
just the difference is that if you send your data somewhere to the wrong company, your data can be used on the black market/dark net

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
heni_april

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:13:52 PM

just the difference is that if you send your data somewhere to the wrong company, your data can be used on the black market/dark net
that's what I've been afraid of with the KYC process that was requested in the campaigns I followed. if there is an error or misuse of data, we can be in trouble.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: