Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:32:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [DISCUSSION] BlockWorkz Trader and Arbitrage Bot [INPUT REQUIRED]  (Read 267 times)
Kai-N (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 12:55:50 PM

Hello

I have been developing a cross platform trader targeted at arbitrage across the more popular exchanges. At the moment it currently supports Bittrex, Poloniex and Yobit for trading and a Bittrex/Poloniex arbitrage engine (very rudimentary). Binance currently does not seem to allow sign ups hence i am only able to access public api which is not much use for trading or for arbitrage. Bitfinex poses a rather steep initial amount $10000, so for now i've put support for it on the back-burner. Over the next week I intend to add arbitrage bots for Polo/Yobit and Bittrex/Yobit and complete adding support for Localbitcoins thereby allowing users to both buy and sell bitcoins using the rather vast array of payment options available on that platform, some of which circumvent typical barriers : eg Western-Union , World-remit, Paypal and gift cards .... etc.

My current issue is monetization of the work I am doing on this trading software and other software projects I wish to bring in to the world. I have come across the following options :

1) ICO (popular solution but i do not see much benefit over the long term )
2) Direct Sales to users  (great in practice but makes it harder to build an eco-system)
3) Issuing a new crypto and then requiring any user who wants to use the software to hold a certain balance of the token in their exchange accounts (requires creation of said currency/token and may require maintenance of blockchain)

For the moment I am strongly inclined towards using option 3 as it is best suited for an eco-system, further if other developers like my idea and wish to be paid for their efforts similarly , they can use a budget proposal system join up and potentially get paid if users like their work. This option is also very appealing as it creates a platform for me to work on and release several other ideas that can use such a system.

So with this in mind, what is your opinion on the matter? Is my reasoning sound, and if not what would be a better approach in this situation?
BitThreadz

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:06:58 PM

You could issue a Ravencoin asset that could be used to unlock the software or features. This way you avoid the hassle of supporting a coin network but get all the benefits.

virtualanarchy

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 08:54:48 PM

We would be interested in trying out your software. We are working on launching a project using the Ravencoin blockchain, maybe we could help each other out.
Kai-N (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 08:56:34 AM

The Trader is being optimized to run on a server with users running instances of it in the web app. This will take advantage of lower latency and as the data from trades is compiled , I intend to have a observation channel which will serve up data to an AI for training.

Meanwhile since my initial concept discussion I have been working in the background to develop a lending platform and am now opening it to alpha testing. If you are interested, please visit www.blockworkz.co and register, your account will be credited dummy funds for you to try out.

After the alpha testing period, i will take the feedback and try to apply as much of it as possible then go on to beta testing. Hopefully a full functional release will be available for widespread use in a month or two.

Please do not deposit any funds, use the dummy funds. As additional precaution, i will take the coin wallets offline.

All apps developed will have the web version and some will have standalone versions. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: