Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are ico's not adumptibg the stellar network??  (Read 151 times)
Nekoma2018 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 05:21:24 PM

For the first time I participated in an ico which token is based on the stellar lumen blockchain

And I've come to realize... ethereum is totally useless comparing it to the stellar network..

Why are ico's not adopting the stellar blockchain

What's so great about ethereum.. that one can't find on stellar??
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:26:30 PM

There are some better cryptocurrenxy than Bitcoin. Thenbehy bitcoin is still on the top. Even ETH is better than btc. ETH brought the first smart contract and it's still mostly being used in ICO investment as like people still using bitcoin more than any other coin. But hey, it will definitely change by the span of time.
Nekoma2018 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 05:50:50 PM

There are some better cryptocurrenxy than Bitcoin. Thenbehy bitcoin is still on the top. Even ETH is better than btc. ETH brought the first smart contract and it's still mostly being used in ICO investment as like people still using bitcoin more than any other coin. But hey, it will definitely change by the span of time.
Yeah I think you're correct here... time will tell... it seems stellar is still young compared to ethereum... even though I know not the date stellar was created
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:12:34 PM

Because Bitcoin may be outdated and there are not many new technologies like altcoin. But after altcoin launched new technologies with proof that it was useful. Bitcoin can always update that technology into its blockchain. That is what makes BTC always leading the market
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:50:42 PM

For the first time I participated in an ico which token is based on the stellar lumen blockchain

And I've come to realize... ethereum is totally useless comparing it to the stellar network..

Well etherum is popular vastly and widely used by everyone
And indeed easy to generate smart contracts

But it all depends on your  blockchain and the type of contract you want to run
Stellar is gaining solid ico platforms recently; which is good
cryptobae10

Activity: 658
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 09:52:58 PM

Popularity apart; etherum is the easiest and simplest blockchain available to be adopted so easily
Which is why almost all projects go after it.

Stellar neo and other blockchain are not as easy compared to etherum smart contracts
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:18:48 AM

first ask yourself "what is an ICO?" when the answer to that question is "a scamy way of raising money by giving away a useless token to idiots who throw away their money" then you will get your answer to this question too.
in order for that kind of scam to succeed you need as much hype as you can get. so the most hyped up token and platform in the altcoin market is the best choice for that purpose. none of the ICO makers care if ethereum is the shittiest platform among all of them!
additionally they want to do it as fast and easy as possible. so again a platform that has lots of similar tokens which they can easily copy is the best for their purposes because they easily copy the code from another one whereas if they chose another (better) platform like Waves then they would have had to write the code themselves and 90% of them don't even know how to do it!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:47:06 AM

It's because ETH still offers lots of advantage for projects. There are projects who wanted to based everything on EOS but it didn't gain traction.

So I wouldn't be surprised if other upcoming projects will stick to ETH as their based. It like 'universally accepted' now so it will be very difficult for new projects to used Stellar network,in my opinion.

Similar to bitcoin, there are lots of crypto much faster and fees are lower, but since it has the support of the community, it is still far the crypto that everyone loves eventhough it has a lot of achilles heel, so to speak.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:23:15 AM

Initially creating smart contract or tokens using ethereum was very easy and also there was decentrelised exchanges it was very easy to list coins in these exchanges . Now it is not the case most of the big project going out of ethereum blockchsin like eos , Ada, trx, bnb. But still I don’t see much implementation using stellar.
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:32:11 AM

How did you realize that? Do you know how many tokens in the Ethereum network? Or how many projects with their mainnet today used Ethereum? Do you think these people were less knowledgeable than you?

You can criticize. You can say it's better. But considering Ethereum in number 2 as useless, I think it's a bit above your capacity!

Ethereum is still the easiest and most useful platform today despite dozens of rivals. There are still many new projects published on Ethereum. Ask yourself! Why these projects do not select XLM, EOS, TRX, XEM, ADA ... etc. EOS is one of its biggest rivals today, and it's only a gamble and bet thanks to its DAPPS! There are so many projects on Ethereum that their potential and future is far above the XLM you count!

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:43:09 AM

Stellar blockchain was primary design for stellar coins but other project can run there projects on they blockchain, but the ethereuem blockchain is the mother of all the ERC20 tokens ICO and at that it will take some time before stellar can reach the level of the ethereuem blockchain.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 01:08:54 PM

Stellar blockchain was primary design for stellar coins but other project can run there projects on they blockchain, but the ethereuem blockchain is the mother of all the ERC20 tokens ICO and at that it will take some time before stellar can reach the level of the ethereuem blockchain.
I really don’t know why people derive joy in condemning other projects just to promote theirs, a good project does need much hustle to get known to the world, of stellar is really good as OP claims, then they should keep growing their community gradually, a time will come that their work will announce them.

Ethereum didn’t just become popular over night or because of hype, they worked towards growing a strong community, so if stellar community wants to see a substantial growth in their project, they should do more by promoting it in their own little way and not condemning other project for it. That is a lazy man’s work.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

first of all, please fix your thread tittle, it is typo.
I don't know where you have heard that ethereum is totally useless but that is totally wrong. The thing about ethereum is, in term of scalability and stability, ethereum is the best among the other smart-contracr platform.And until now it also has better liquidity than other smartcontract platform since ETH is listed in almost every crypto exchange. That's why despite all the features that are offered by other platforms, dev still choose ethereum, because scalability, stability, and liquidity is the most important.

betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 01:34:12 PM

Ethereum is very popular and has been around for long now, it equally has the second highest market cap by traded volume. We see more and more project initially use the ethereum platform to launch their project and after much development they may migrate to their own network. Not much users are using Stellar, and ethereum I believe has more developers than Stellar.
Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 01:51:56 PM

ethereum is totally useless?  Are you kidding me? Etherem is yet to have a strong competitor  and projects have to choose the blockchain to use depending on its use case they choose the chain to use and which best suits them
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:36:01 AM

The problem is that a lot of company don't market when they do anytime they advertise themselves, the first time I heard of stellar was when blockchain.com sent me a message that I should claim $25 worth of stellar which I never did because they were asking for verification which am not ready to give out my personal information to any company, I still realized that up until now, I still don't know what stellar is all about even with the free money.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 08:53:09 AM

Stellar is having more tokens every day but not like ethereum. Maybe it would be harder to create a token on stellar or just people is used to ethereum.

Still, i really like stellar and mostly the part you cant spam with tokens. If someone wants to send you some token, you need to accept that first.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:39:25 AM

~snip~

What do you realize so you say like that? and how long have you joined ico using blockchain Ethereum?
I personally like both, but if I have to choose, I prefer tokens that use blockchain Ethereum because it's easier to transact.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 09:55:19 AM

Etherium remains the best so far and has a wide adoption and popularity and has recorded more success than any other known contract platform. Xlm is still very unpopular, just like its counterparts, Neo, EOS and Waves. It will take a very long time to get to where etherium is. Etherium currently has a lot of wallets types that can make its tokens easily accessible and usable, I honestly find it difficult to join projects that are not launched under the etherium contract

Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:04:12 AM

There is much yardstick to be considered before choosing a platform to launch one's project. I know Stellar is a very good platform, but most project believe there's more benefit to be enjoyed from launching on the ethereum blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: