Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:52:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I know the trustworthyness of a new coin?  (Read 856 times)
Jenkins33

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:11:52 PM

Hi people,
I am relatively new in this field. Having done some "trading" of alt coins in 2018, I would like to seek the opinion of more experienced traders and hopefully gain an insight as to how can I better differentiate coins with higher potential and coins which are basically crap.

Thanks in advance!

To trade, it is very easy to choose coins, you only need to pay attention to the daily trading volume for a particular coin and choose the most popular coins in trade. It is also a good idea to choose coins with good volatility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:23:35 PM

Reliability of information always depends on the source of information, so if you choose a token for investment, you yourself are looking for all the necessary information about the token of its legality and other issues because your money.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
ZenRoy

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:25:16 PM

I don't think relying on reviews is a solid guide whether a certain ICO/coin is trustworthy. We need to dig deeper and do a background check on the team behind it. Also, if the team's information is not shared publicly, then that would be a BIG RED FLAG for me.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 05:36:39 PM

Reliability of information always depends on the source of information, so if you choose a token for investment, you yourself are looking for all the necessary information about the token of its legality and other issues because your money.
But, that will be no guarantee that what we are getting through various sources are correct and reliable information or not. Because now a days, scammers are turning so smart and making up everything a perfect look like. In my experience, investing into new coins/tokens must be a gambling because almost we are investing blindly even after doing hours of due diligence. Because, this industry is turning like that and cannot be making sure that we are handling things under safer hands at any point of time too.

The only thing we can be sure about just having calculated risk like we are investing only with affordable amounts and we are ready to wait for months to years. Analyzing potential of the coin is becoming a too difficult job hence we need to act in different ways.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 07:01:06 PM

New coins won't make it into the top 100 of coinmarketcap but that doesn't mean they are crap. Cheap if the team is real and actively promoting the coin, also check activity on github to see how many commits they have done recently
No. New coins can really make it to the top coins in the crypto market only if the project is good enough to compete. Think about the early days of ETH and it was big enough to challenge Bitcoin within three years. So technology expands at the speed of light if the demand for it is immense but I think there would not be such projects around because it has been long people are loosing in the new projects which means the innovations are yet to come.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:16:17 PM

First step mate is to read their whitepaper and discern through it if the project is worth investing in or not, don’t also overlook the project team, get the teams involved and research more about them,  their lifestyle, achievement, their level in the industry and how business oriented they are, the last step to take is if they have already existing and not new or already entered exchange, go through their coin historical data that to see how far the coin has fared  in the past and also present.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:33:37 PM

I don't think relying on reviews is a solid guide whether a certain ICO/coin is trustworthy. We need to dig deeper and do a background check on the team behind it. Also, if the team's information is not shared publicly, then that would be a BIG RED FLAG for me.

Haven't trusted any new coins of recent because of my experience when i was a bounty hunter and also investor. Last two years to be precise i invested in a new coins that seem good with potentials but what i got backed was horrible as my invested went down to hell. Before i invested into the coin, i read their whitepapers, checked on their team members and their social media profiles did more under ground research but still end in the deep. After this incident i vow not to invest in any new coin again because there are much tendencies for those coins to be scam or shitcoins.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:06:18 PM

The right way to look for potential new coins is to look at the volume of the coin because the volume indicates that a coin is in demand by investors and traders.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 06:57:00 PM

It is very difficult indeed to know the trust of new coins because in reality almost all new coins are scam and become a failed product, so that it is not feasible. To find out new coins that have potential is to do analysis. We have to wait for the development of these coins, usually coins that have the potential will have many investors. In addition, it also has a well-known company sponsor, because usually if have a well-known company sponsor the chances for success will be great. But this is not easy because even if you have analyzed it, it is not certain that the coin will be successful, the possibility of failure still exists.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:02:11 PM

A lot of developer and project scammer’s even go as high as passing personal review on the project on the top review sites.

Like you rightly said, if an investor cannot get or find any meaningful information on the project developers or their core team members, one need to deeply think twice before investing in such coin, though this is not the only factor that determines if a project is legitimate and viable, other factors to be considered are out there for the investor to research. Above all, once should invest a certain amount of money once can part away with or easily let go if the project fails.
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:27:04 PM

Do deep research. Read the white paper and it's well written and makes sense, look at their team, their advisors, even do reserach on their investors. I would then look at their social channels and see what the community is saying about them or in the news. One project that I really respect ATM is Ampleforth because they really hit all the marks on what a great coin will lead to
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 07:48:20 PM

You have to assess how relevant the idea is the project. Also how competent the team is and how well it does its job. Study the road map and see what has been planned and what has been achieved.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:05:25 PM

Hi people,
I am relatively new in this field. Having done some "trading" of alt coins in 2018, I would like to seek the opinion of more experienced traders and hopefully gain an insight as to how can I better differentiate coins with higher potential and coins which are basically crap.

Thanks in advance!
select coins that already have a large marketcap, like 10 top coins you can invest or trade on those coins, don't choose coins that have a small number of markets one day the coins will disappear if there is no exchange
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 08:08:15 PM

Hi people,

Thanks in advance!
select coins that already have a large marketcap, like 10 top coins you can invest or trade on those coins, don't choose coins that have a small number of markets one day the coins will disappear if there is no exchange
Small market cap coins also can compete with working products of dominant ones. Top coins have better value and strong points but this idea is not proper for finding new trustworthy coins. Delisting doesn't happen in a day and known exchanges don't simply delete trustworthy projects.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:20:08 PM

You can get to know trustworthy project only by your thorough investigation, conducting a research before venturing into investing in new coin matters alot,
You have to know the team behind the project because this the only way to know if they are trustworthy.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 09:27:46 PM

Yes presently there are more than 2000+ cryptocurrencies available for trading on the market. Each cryptocurrency have a different vision & vision targeting specific industry or sectors with their business model. There are few cryptocurrency which have similar missions and visions i.e competitive cryptocurrency example ETHvs NEOvsEOS etc. If you want to know the trustworthiness of  of a new coin then you will have to do little research on them. Before starting your research you will have to clear your basics first like
>how blockchain works???
>Difference between different kind of cryptocurrency such as Coins, Token (utility & security) etc
 Then choose one cryptocurrency which appeals to you more or in the field which you are familiar with. Then start your research like team background, technology, community, how they are working on adoption of their technology by users, their weakness & strength, their competitors, their daily trading volumes on the exchange. This will help you analyse some coins or token.

You have written a detailed instruction for a beginner. I want to add that in the analysis, I also pay attention to whether large funds invest in it. This is a very significant indicator.
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 11:59:12 PM

I think that in principle this can show only time. It is worth looking at what this project is and who is behind the project. Who is the developer and what team did it.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:17:24 AM

Hi people,

Thanks in advance!

Basic and simple, try to use the crypto, trade it and invest it. You can see how good its transaction is, and then try to search and know its trends and news if there is more hype and community then people are trusting that coin.

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 02:45:08 AM

many, can be from the team and the concepts applied by the coin. I prefer to see from the team, concept, and user feedback because that is my perspective in trusting new coins
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2019, 03:08:30 AM

Therefore, if you want to find potential altcoins. Then look at the top altcoin to find which altcoin has the potential to trade. Because if someone doesn't know how it works, of course it's very risky to take a new altcoin. It's better to have an altcoin that is potentially. Try to check the top altcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: