Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum’s Hard Fork Constantinople: What You Need to Know Before January 16th  (Read 179 times)
cokroalif (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:26:36 AM

The long-planned Ethereum fork is coming on Jan. 16th. With Constantinople going live within weeks,  here’s what is important to know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:36:16 AM

The long-planned Ethereum fork is coming on Jan. 16th. With Constantinople going live within weeks,  here’s what is important to know

And here's the list? I can't even find anything related to that hardfork. Any future hardfork in etheruem may result in the improvement of the protocols and determining the total or hardcap supply.
I guess that will live in this week and a few days remaining before hardfork and less than 40k blocks.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
cokroalif (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:40:50 AM

And here's the list? I can't even find anything related to that hardfork. Any future hardfork in etheruem may result in the improvement of the protocols and determining the total or hardcap supply.
I guess that will live in this week and a few days remaining before hardfork and less than 40k blocks.

Once activated, nodes running Constantinople will be incompatible with the previous version of Ethereum, resulting in a “hard fork” of the blockchain. Ethereum team lead Péter Szilágyi predicts that the protocol will fork on Jan. 16th, when the blockchain reaches block 7,080,000.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 03:43:44 PM

Was there suppose to be a list or something ? The op finished the here is whats important and than ... nothing ? What is this ? Bitcointalk has been getting worse and worse in the recent years with all these people starting insane topics and writing stuff that makes no sense at all as well. Hard fork is happening because Ethereum is moving from PoW to PoS and that is all you need to know.

Instead of actually having rigs that mine ethereum and making new ones, people will hold their ethereums on their wallets and basically "mine" ethereum by just owning ethereum, the more you own the more you will have in the end which is why people have been buying ethereum like crazy and increasing its price as well. That is why we have ethereum at over 150 dollars over double the amount it used to be.
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:00:50 PM

Was there suppose to be a list or something ? The op finished the here is whats important and than ... nothing ? What is this ? Bitcointalk has been getting worse and worse in the recent years with all these people starting insane topics and writing stuff that makes no sense at all as well. Hard fork is happening because Ethereum is moving from PoW to PoS and that is all you need to know.

Instead of actually having rigs that mine ethereum and making new ones, people will hold their ethereums on their wallets and basically "mine" ethereum by just owning ethereum, the more you own the more you will have in the end which is why people have been buying ethereum like crazy and increasing its price as well. That is why we have ethereum at over 150 dollars over double the amount it used to be.

It's again 20 % down and I don't think so this hard fork makes people buying like crazy. Off course hard fork encourage people buy more for getting free hard fork token but crypto market situation is still in bad condition 20 % price up and down within a hours makes new investors worried to invest in it.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:18:22 PM

This is what so many ETH holders are waiting for, but despite that, the price of ETH has plunged. So I just ask myself that, since the hardfork has not yet been introduced, does it mean that its announcement does not have much positive impact, on both the MarketCap and the price?
I won't deceive you, it was surprised to see that the price had plummeted.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:24:04 PM

Constantinople hard fork? I thought it is already in progress and that's the reason the prices of coins went so down, then how about the one which was suppose to happen today? will there be a pump or the dump will continue?
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:29:42 PM

I wonder if it can move the dead market. Even in spite of this pozivitelny news falling continues. I met the topic on the forum on the fork ETH. Is it true that they will distribute tokens?

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:13:54 PM

Once activated, nodes running Constantinople will be incompatible with the previous version of Ethereum, resulting in a “hard fork” of the blockchain. Ethereum team lead Péter Szilágyi predicts that the protocol will fork on Jan. 16th, when the blockchain reaches block 7,080,000.
If the new active nodes are incompatible with the old ethereum version, this will be a big problem. Then the appearance of a new coin is inevitable. Considering that the new Ethereum Classic Vision (ETCV) coin should appear today, and Ethereum Nowa tomorrow, too many coins should disconnect from ethereum. Moreover, little is known about them yet, especially about Ethereum Nowa.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:14:26 PM

I do not see anything from your post. No information on what we need to know about the hardfork before Jan. 16. Did you delete any link related to your topic?
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:20:30 PM

I think what's really important to know about the fork is to know the types and kind of wallets, exchange that'll support the fork and the ratio at which the fork will be shared. And I think they said binance, imtoken is in support
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:39:29 PM

see many people who support hardfork this time, I really hope with this hardfork ethereum prices can increase. if Hardfork also can't get people back to the market to buy, I'll give up. because there is no hope that I can trust
mariogomer

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:50:16 PM

I follow Ethereum hard fork with interest. Large stock markets announced their support.
They have done the necessary works and I think this process will be done successfully.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN -  CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
─ ───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ───── ─
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:01:25 PM

Many have put their hopes in Hardfork ETH, and many have supported it. With this news, certainly, ETH's progress will be better and able to get rid of things that have made it tilted in the eyes of investors. Expect a lot of positive things to happen.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
Dellosoft
Copper Member

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:03:37 PM

I saw this topic interesting but I didn't find any detailed info in the body, maybe incomplete. Stating the date for the hard fork as January 16th will be extremely precise, bearing in mind that Ethereum foundation stated a date range from 14th to 18th. This means the date and time will depend on the exact block height for the hard fork to occur. We are hoping to see great improvements in Ethereum architecture, especially the consensus algorithm.

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:18:58 PM

I think the thread starter forgot to add link or image below his post, regarding the topic i think the upcoming upgrade will help in the current issues of slowness and sluggishness in the eth network while change in the algorithm from pow to pos is expected next which can take from few weeks to months lets see.

takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 07:22:05 PM

so in essence the hardfork Constantinople will not give free coins. so we don't have to bother moving all ethereum to a personal wallet. I also see a lot of big exchanges that support Hardfork, maybe they think that having Hardork can have a positive effect on ethereum prices.
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 11:50:04 PM

This will be a development update we are waiting for long time. Hoping for, that it will solve the scaling issue of ETH
and the transactions will become much faster. There will be several upgrades during 2019 and 2020 which will make
the ETH platform more efficient.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: