Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MarkepCap sites should implement some checks and balances  (Read 413 times)
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:38:07 PM

I understand the fact that investors should do their research before investing into any project or coin, but MarketCap sites, such as, CMC, CoinGecko and the likes, also have some roles to play.

Reputable exchanges do screen and scrutinize every coin that is listed on their sites and peradventure there is any already listed coin found suspicious of scam, it will be delisted. With this, i also expect that MarketCap sites should do the same, but these days, it seems they are left and displayed without doing the needful.

If this is done with due diligence by deleting or delisting scam coins, it will go a long way to help the system and at least make it safe to some extent.

this is where the weaknesses of the system that the marketcap currently has, whether they are for whatever reason do not want to delist coins that have indeed committed fraud or have great potential for fraud. Most likely this is because because the marketcap is free, does not hit the same thing well or not, the most important thing is there are certain conditions that must be fulfilled for the listing, even if cmc has to remove the coin scam, they should also delete gambling and multilevel marketing's coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:47:59 PM

It's not like they have the same criteria for all coins or tokens to be listed as those exchanges. Only trading volume is needed and they get listed for free. If people want CMC to do the extra screening, maybe they should ask payment from those who demands it.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:00:16 PM

I understand the fact that investors should do their research before investing into any project or coin, but MarketCap sites, such as, CMC, CoinGecko and the likes, also have some roles to play.

Reputable exchanges do screen and scrutinize every coin that is listed on their sites and peradventure there is any already listed coin found suspicious of scam, it will be delisted. With this, i also expect that MarketCap sites should do the same, but these days, it seems they are left and displayed without doing the needful.

If this is done with due diligence by deleting or delisting scam coins, it will go a long way to help the system and at least make it safe to some extent.
I don't think they will do until they are in need for that,for now people were aware of which coin is scam or not so better decide by ourselves than trusting an outside wource which ks working for their benefits.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:06:26 PM

CMC is not what it used to be,the quality of it listing as reduced to the minimal,just hoping that CMC can adjust and correct somethings.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:09:37 PM

Yes and i think such websites should also not place adsense or anyother third party based ads as mostly we see ponzi or scam projects being promoted their rather all these platforms should sell direct ads by renting ad spaces. This way not only they can check and only allow legit projects to advertise and at the same time they can increase their revenue by eliminating the middleman.

jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:16:06 PM

The websites have shown inaccurate information on circulating and total supply for years. I don't trust the information. I always check.
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 07:28:24 PM

I think that representatives of the resource MarkepCap should check the real trading volumes of coins.

After checking, we will see that some coins have a volume hundreds of times smaller than those indicated on MarkepCap

defoman

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 07:31:17 PM

In fact, sites like CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko are not required to detect fraudulent projects, they give us tools to track capitalization, coin rates and the list of exchanges on which they are traded. If the coin turns out to be fraudulent and stops trading, it will be removed from the site.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 09:39:53 PM

They may be out to make profit, but some reviews just have to be made. The standard needs to be restored.
As much as i like coinmarketcap, i will want a situation where investors will lose interest in its credibility.
Not only coinmarketcap, but also other MarketCap sites.
I think the previous ways  or criteria need to be reintroduced again, perhaps, that will also help to reduce the rate at which some developers do not care about their projects.
heritage35

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:28:37 AM

Most investors are attracted through MarketCap sites, because that is where they will first check for information of the coin before going on exchange sites. If the scam coins are not removed, it might be confusing, so delisting them is of necessity.
Yes, MarketCap sites are not exchange sites, but list coins to display information about them, so if they can list for that purpose, they also should be able to delist.
markieeeloy

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 01:03:08 PM

I think the listing process on the new coins on coinmarketcap are done automatically. And if not, we must give more time to the developers, because I am pretty sure that they are doing their best to give us a updated coin list and rankings in coinmarketcap.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:44:15 AM

That is a good point which needs to be addressed, perhaps by the market cap sites.
Peradventure nothing is being done, then the onus is on those who use the site to be able to choose rightly the coin to trade.
This is more like someone telling you that a particular coin is available for investment, but it will be wise of you to do your own under study, because this is part of the requirements of good investment.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:07:54 AM

They collect data from exchanges, so if exchanges giving them bad data, they can´t know it.
But you can still contact CMC and give them proof that some coins have fake market cappitalization.  Wink

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:23:50 AM

This Coinmarketcap is very helpful in providing detailed coin information. But it still has flaws and that makes perfect sense. So I think before deciding which coins we will buy, we have to do research. Because this is very important to do so we don't get fake coins.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:41:13 PM

actually i disagree. it should all be up to the user to decide not some website that lists all the coins. if you rely on them then biases will shape and then eventually these sites would start getting paid to manipulate their listings to affect the public opinion as CMC has done in the past.

in fact i even say they shouldn't rank altcoins at all. some alphabetical sorting would be more than enough. maybe some categorization based on their algorithms, supply,... would be a lot better than what CMC is doing which is based on a fake number called market capitalization.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
IVEXO

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 10:10:04 PM

You are right about reputable sites doing their jobs adequately but I think that has happened in the past
Since the bearish market began, reputable firms like market cap are more worried about their income/ profit than viewers safety against fraud
Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:39:19 PM

I agree with you. Also I want to add that such marketcap sites have a lot of scam coins or there isn't some information. I mean that they have enough work to do. We chould check their information too.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 01:20:28 AM

CMC gets decreased on its quality, so far i you are seeing the fact that it might be dozens of fraud coins delisted from coin market cap till this time
But it looks like CMC doesn't even care about that and just try to keep it listed on the site.
Until now, all those justified fraud coins are still up and can be searched in the CMC. The cmc developers should be aware of what is happening. But if the developer contains only small people, we should consider them and give them more time to do it.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
ishirut009

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 02:19:35 AM

i agree but, when investing it is really investors responsibility to do indepth research about the project that they are going to invest. Plus, they need strategy on how long they will hold on to their invested ico. But i agree that if every entity do their job right about what to list and what to ignore then a lot more people will be more likely to make money in this crypto space.

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 02:35:09 AM

Actually, this must be done by them because if fake coins go into them, investors will be affected because many investors trust the place of the token listing. So they are trapped to invest their money to buy fake tokens.

Then this is a weak investor that did not do a research on what and where to invest, I never look for coinmarketcap for investment I go to the site and feedbacks of the community and check the profiles and the people behind them and search about their platform but never use coinmarketcap as my one and only guide.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: