Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tokenmark.io - desktop application to watch markets  (Read 206 times)
unmanos (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:47:40 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2019, 01:37:41 PM by unmanos

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a project called tokenmark.io for some time now and today I would like to share it with the community.

If you are an old dinosaur (like me) who love natives desktops applications, tokenmark.io is for you.
For now it is basically an application to watch exchange markets in real time and simple portfolio management.

The application supports all pairs from the following exchanges: Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Coinbase Pro, Huobi, Kraken, OKEx (that’s about 10K pairs updated in realtime).
The charts support different time range (from 1 minute to 1 week) and some indicators (Volume, simple and volume weighted MA, MACD).

The software is free, this is is a side project so I might limit the number of accounts because it requires bandwidth and CPU processing time.

It is available only under Linux (should work on most desktop distributions), and Windows.
The program does not need any special privileges to run.

Check out some video of the running software here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFsa4JeFRaQ

You can see some screenshots and download the software here:
https://tokenmark.io

Hope you enjoy the software and feel free to contact me for help/suggestions.

unmanos
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 06:54:02 PM

Seems like a good application. Are you planning to put the source code on github for verification purposes? This  statement from your terms and conditions page kinda upsets me

We makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the safety, suitability, inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other harmful components of tokenmark.io desktop application.
That does mean the software is open to potential security threats and stuff?
unmanos (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:33:17 PM

Hi Patatas,

Thanks for your comments.

Going open-source is on my roadmap for the client application, but it needs some code cleaning before.

In terms of security, this is a right concern, but this app does not handle private data, the only information stored on a database is email and salted, bcrypted password (nothing of interest to steal).
It's definitely not a wallet application, but a market watch application, using data publicly available from different sources.

If you are  paranoid (I am), why not give it a try with limited privileges ? Or even in a VM.

unmanos
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 08:37:41 PM

Going open-source is on my roadmap for the client application, but it needs some code cleaning before.
The point is, one can run their own build should they wish to instead of downloading an executable.

In terms of security, this is a right concern, but this app does not handle private data, the only information stored on a database is email and salted, bcrypted password (nothing of interest to steal).
It's definitely not a wallet application, but a market watch application, using data publicly available from different sources.
Yeah but let's see if the application also records keystrokes in the background while running, it becomes a security concern then right? Hence, the code should be open-sourced.

If you are  paranoid, why not give it a try with limited privileges ? Or even in a VM.

unmanos
I'll definitely do on my old CentOs system.
unmanos (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 01:40:52 PM

Hi all,

I've built a Windows version and updated the orginal post.
Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any difficulties running it.

As Patatas suggested, I've decided to go open source for the desktop application and I expect to publish it on github sometimes around February.

Thanks.

unmanos
dropthebomb.io

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

Need a Bombic PR? 💣

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 01:13:35 AM

How about Russian translation? The audience is too big to ignore it. And there are lots of dinosaurus as well.  Cheesy

💣💣💣Alternative Promo Solutions For non-ICO pricing 💣💣💣
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 03:45:47 AM

How about Russian translation? The audience is too big to ignore it. And there are lots of dinosaurus as well.

If OP can open-source and provided the necessary languages files to be translated then I guess you can help him translate it. It might not be his first priority though.

As Patatas suggested, I've decided to go open source for the desktop application and I expect to publish it on github sometimes around February.

Nice decision. I'll wait for it and probably help you with translation or minor stuff like that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
unmanos (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:44:11 PM

How about Russian translation? The audience is too big to ignore it. And there are lots of dinosaurus as well.

If OP can open-source and provided the necessary languages files to be translated then I guess you can help him translate it. It might not be his first priority though.

Nice decision. I'll wait for it and probably help you with translation or minor stuff like that.

Thanks for your comments.
I've been in Moscow long time ago but I don't speak Russian myself, so that's a very welcome help ^^
In the meantime, I uploaded a video of the software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFsa4JeFRaQ

unmanos
unmanos (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 04:47:46 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for thoses who have tested the application and the feedback.

As promised, the client application is now on github, so you can run it directly from the sources:
https://github.com/unmanos/tmio-client

unmanos.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: