Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Me saying hi, bitcoin transaction taking more then 36 hours.. still in process  (Read 1954 times)
everio (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 02:27:21 PM

I appreciate the details that you have provided about this transaction. You are correct in your assumptions about the online wallet services, however TradeHill is a Bitcoin exchange, meaning that it was designed for the sale and purchase of Bitcoin. We are currently developing wallet services on www.bitcoin.com.
Due to the fact that we are in the infancy stages of an economy run on Bitcoin, we are excited about the possibilities of the currency, while at the same time wary of the precarious regulations that may affect Bitcoin in any given day. Because of this we must be compliant with international AML policy.
Could you provide the following: a government identification of yourself, and of the generating user "other user" as well as screenshots of the bitcoin clients and their addresses.
Once we receive this, I will send this BTC withdrawal through. I apologize about the inconvenience, we have a Know Your Customer procedure in process which will be published shortly. This information will be confidential between yourself and TradeHill, and will not be released to any government authority except by government seizure or legal mandate. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Darren
TradeHill

What do i need to do now? What will happen exactly with this information? English isnt my native language so some parts are a bit hard to understand..

what if i havent used my real name?

Someone who can say me more about this? Maby in private contact? Which i will pay a small amount for..

Ty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 08:52:39 PM

They want your passport as well as the passport of your GF.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 12:09:52 AM

hmm seems so...  Huh

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 06:17:16 PM

hmm seems so...  Huh

Nothing surprising about it really. Considering the huge amount of BTC he's trying to transfer it looks and sounds like money laundering or tax evasion, so it's only natural they would check for ID.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 10:16:08 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2011, 10:37:01 PM by repentance

Yep, this is really common among conventional financial services providers.  They need you to verify your funding accounts and/or ID to ensure that you're not setting up multiple accounts under different identities in order to get around AML thresholds.  

Transferring the Bitcoins in the way you did just makes it more complicated for them to work out who should be able to withdraw the Bitcoins.  Don't try to cover your tracks in respect of financial transactions unless you understand what you're doing.  You're likely to fuck it up and end up either having to jump through hoops which will destroy the anonymity you're trying to create or losing access to your funds altogether.

At this point they're asking you to provide them with proof of your real life identity as well as the real life identity of your girlfriend.  You don't really have any options other than complying with that request if you want your funds transferred any time soon.  The kind of transaction behaviour you've described would flag a lot of suspicious behaviour algorithms so don't be surprised if you need to verify again with the exchange the funds are being transferred into.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: