Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Untick the box for less important moved topics  (Read 212 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 11:01:07 AM
Merited by VINSIN (1), S_Therapist (1)

Most post meriters like myself usually carryout a background check before meriting newbie account for the first time. sometimes I carry out this background check on higher rank users who haven't receive any merit minus their airdropped merit before meriting their average posts but if it's a high quality post,  I just go ahead and merit them. 

There are numerous topics advising on having a good post history like avoid one line replies, stop quote spamming and the rest. So in the spirit of having good quality post history  I'll like to add,  when moving your topics I advise you untick "post a redirection topic". That way your post history won't be filled with moved topics.

Note: when moving a very important topic the box can be ticked but moving your average posts it isn't required.

Lets say you post on a wrong board and was asked to move to correct board,  if it's a brand new topic or you want your post history to be freed of moved topics do as I say above. This will also help in presenting you from your post history as a good poster.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 12:25:44 PM

It can keep your post history neat and very presentable, but it does not increase the quality of the content you post, there is no alternative for quality.

If you are going to carry out a background check, if you find the posters previous content unworthy, I recommend you return to their profile after a while to check if that quality post was a one-off or a turning point. And merit it if it's the latter.

kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:40:46 PM

Yes a good post history is a good features of a good poster but honestly should your previous post history affect ones decision about whether or not to merit your current post.

Well there have been some users who at first was not quite a good poster but develop and improve themselves should there previous post affect there being merited
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 01:57:42 PM
Merited by morvillz7z (1)

I tend to check the posting history of people I haven’t merited before, in order to build a global idea of whether the poster really wants to contribute or gran a quick merit and run back to the bounty threads. It also helps when seeing a decent post and trying to discern if it is original or plagiarized (i.e. if the posts stands out too much form the posting history norm and style). When doing this, I can’t recall seeing posts indicating topic redirection, at least not enough to have caught my attention. People may move their topics to a more appropriate section when some other forum members point it out to them.

On certain occasions, some forum members move a thread around to gain visibility for it. This can be controversial to some extent, since it depends on the poster’s intent: to make it more visible by a broader audience or to try to swoop merits from different boards. All in all though, moving threads frequently is a rather reduced practice, except for those related to a one time move to place it in the correct board.
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 4130

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 07:44:02 AM

It can keep your post history neat and very presentable, but it does not increase the quality of the content you post, there is no alternative for quality.

The two works hand in hand. Quality can't work without good posting history. If someone has truly changed it'll be very obvious by looking at his post history and sometime people confused it for bought account. I was once a one line spammer and in my defends I never knew I was commiting a crime until LoyceV called my attention and asked me to clean my account, which I did. From that very day I started posting right and it increased my quality . If you look at my profile on BPIP you will notice many of my post/replies got deleted. In order for other users to enjoy the benefits of the forum and get that feeling of adding value to the forum by merits that's why I encourage good posting habit it's accompanied with quality posting.

When you post right you'll be encouraged to post with quality.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:01:07 AM

For newbies here who are having a hard time earning merits you should think that your post history are your resume here in the forum. The more quality posts you have done consistently the more qualified you are to receive a merit. Generous merit senders especially merit sources know when a member is just trying to butter it up when it comes to their post history so don't even try to just make your posts long as you are just wasting your time if there is no point on what you are saying.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:20:02 PM

Having a poor and bad posting record or history has a whole lot to say about the particular poster and his or her purpose here on the forum
Most user who try to "game" the system and come up with one quality post simply to rank up and try to earn are usually caught through their post history
And definitely no matter how good the very post is,just cause they have an appalling post history,they hardly would be merited.
It's best those with bad post history do a thorough clean up of it and try to be useful to the forum from the restart
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: