Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH fork on COINBASE  (Read 74 times)
Jo.surf (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:01:15 PM

So, i was searching this topic on the forum but i didn't find any.. Undecided
I left my BCH on Coinbase knowing they would have supported the November fork.
I got the new BCH (ABC) at the same ratio 1:1 but nothing of the forked new coins BSV.
On the 26th of November they upgradet saying they will give us our BSV just to withdrawal in "around two weeks or longer" but today, after 2 MONTHS they didn't ! This is just ridiculous.. What can we do to get our BSV Huh
I wrote to their support one month ago and the answer was still the same (they will let us to know) and i wrote them today to see but i'm afraid to find it out this to be a scam. If even Coinbase starts this shit then i've done with cryptos.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 06:11:23 PM

They got greedy and sold off the BCH SV to line their own pockets.  I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't trust Coinbase anymore.  They used to have a really good reputation but they started adding shitcoins and will do anything for money at this point, stay away.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 07:22:13 PM
Merited by OgNasty (2)

Have you tried to contact them through twitter? Check this https://twitter.com/coinbase?lang=en
Then try to complain about your issue.

I am sure that they would likely be delayed again before they gave the fork coins to their users.

That is why I don't want to hold any coins in any online wallet like Coinbase because you don't have any access or control to your own private keys.

Next time don't use web wallet like Coinbase and use a wallet that you can fully control like electrum so that if there is a hard fork coming you can back up the private key and use it to retrieve your fork coins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jo.surf (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:17:11 PM

They got greedy and sold off the BCH SV to line their own pockets.  I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't trust Coinbase anymore.  They used to have a really good reputation but they started adding shitcoins and will do anything for money at this point, stay away.
I cannot believe they did such a shitty action. It would go against their business..
Jo.surf (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:28:38 PM

Have you tried to contact them through twitter? Check this https://twitter.com/coinbase?lang=en
Then try to complain about your issue.

I am sure that they would likely be delayed again before they gave the fork coins to their users.

That is why I don't want to hold any coins in any online wallet like Coinbase because you don't have any access or control to your own private keys.

Next time don't use web wallet like Coinbase and use a wallet that you can fully control like electrum so that if there is a hard fork coming you can back up the private key and use it to retrieve your fork coins.
I don't have Twitter.. do they use other socials/telegram ?
VINSIN

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 11:31:19 PM

actually I had a talk with someone ex worker at coinbase and they will offer them like in a month or so, when I spoke it was about between 7 to 14 of January but we are already on 14 and nothing happened....

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 07:31:19 PM

I don't have Twitter.. do they use other socials/telegram ?

No, they don't have telegram according to their contact list and if you are trying to search the "Coinbase telegram" term in google you will find one but I don't know if it is their telegram account much better to don't use it and maybe it's a fake one.

You can use this other contact below.

US/International: +1 (888) 908-7930
United Kingdom: 0808 168 4635

I got this contact from here How can I contact Coinbase Support?

It seems that the Coinbase is under maintenance:
Service Under Maintenance: Due to unstable network conditions on the Ethereum Classic network, we have temporarily disabled all sends and receives for ETC. Buy and sell is not impacted. All other systems are operating normally.
Source: https://status.coinbase.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀