Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:30:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC?  (Read 14831 times)
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:53:53 AM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

I don't want to happen and the whole community should not let these things to happen, Bitcoin is a decentralized crytocurrency Ripple is not, so if that happens we are supporting a centralized project in a decentralized industry which is bad for all of us.
xSodax

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:58:41 AM

You all seem to have no clue regarding XRP. Maybe you should do your iwn research instead beliving BTC-maximalist-fake-news

Bankers coin?
XRP is created to destroy crossborder monopoly of big banks. Did you ever payed a bill crossborder in a foreign currency?
It is expensive due to charges of the involved banks and it is slow. Sometimes your money is lost somewhere and it took weeks to trace your fiats...

XRP is really the opposite of a banksters coin and will help us all

Volume
XRP is targeting a quadrillion dollar market and it is irrelevant if we all would buy that coin. Our privat fiats doesnt matter in this huge market. If Ripple will be successfull then yes, Volume could be trillions (a day) by FIs or banks maybe central and national banks.

BTC volume comes from exchanges where I have to use BTC in order to buy other currencies. BTC dominance is shrinking because more and more exchanges offers fiat-pairings. No need to buy BTC first...

Competition
XRP is solving a complete different use case than BTC. There is no competition between  XRP or BTC

Centralised
It is not - regardless wether you believe it or not. DYOR.

Controlled by Ripple
It is not. It is controlled by smart contracts and locked up in an escrow. DYOR.
Validators are not controlled by Ripple.

“Defeat” BTC?
I do not care because I do not see a wether-or
Maybe in the long run.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:58:46 AM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

I don't want to happen and the whole community should not let these things to happen, Bitcoin is a decentralized crytocurrency Ripple is not, so if that happens we are supporting a centralized project in a decentralized industry which is bad for all of us.

LMAOOOOO XRP is more decentralised than eferium and buttcorn

What the hell are you talking about, what kind of mental gymnastics is this lmaooo Grin Grin

various

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 11:32:05 AM

If we are talking about crypto here, it would be a big mistake to compare xrp to btc because of its central structure. Yes, maybe one day it can pass the volume of btc in volume but it can never act in accordance with the spirit of a crypto.

Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:35:56 AM

More and more people admire ripple because its faster and cheaper than ethereum but it doesnt mean that ripple can over take over to bitcoin . I am not able to see ripple to be rank in number 1 spot .
MemberBerries

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:23:40 PM

If we are talking about crypto here, it would be a big mistake to compare xrp to btc because of its central structure. Yes, maybe one day it can pass the volume of btc in volume but it can never act in accordance with the spirit of a crypto.

wE tAlK aBoUt cRyPtO sO nO xRp

royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:34:38 PM

XRP is obviously enjoying the institutional support, which is one of the demands in cryptocurrency for higher adoption and efficient  blockchain use. Bitcoin is also enjoying a strong governing system which might be anonymous but the most effective. Lets not forget the dominance level of bitcoin in the space. I dont see it beatable with mere opening of thread. It is time every project faces its roadmap and stop trying to dethrone bitcoin, it will be a time wasting distraction

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:41:47 PM

Why would anyone need that? The price of XRP should increase more than more times to reach BTC and I do not think it can be possible. XRP will not always be in the second place. Keeping XRP superior to ETH can only be due to more profits otherwise, we are all aware that ETH is worthy of the second place.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:51:26 PM

It impossible and I think it never happens in the future, Bitcoin is all the crypto of mother coins, you can find when the Bitcoin price drop, all the market drops too, if XRP replace the top ranking to Bitcoin, the market will crash.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
MemberBerries

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:14:50 PM

It impossible and I think it never happens in the future, Bitcoin is all the crypto of mother coins, you can find when the Bitcoin price drop, all the market drops too, if XRP replace the top ranking to Bitcoin, the market will crash.

You mean , the market doesn't get manipulated anymore by only a few Wink

XRP will be everything buttcorn ever wanted to be
myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:56:55 PM

Don't ask it because it will not happen. Bitcoin development is too advance than ripple and the popularity of bitcoin is too much that most of the people around the world only knows bitcoin. Ripple rise back at second place because many investors sell their ETH due to the delay of the hard fork as they take advantage to sell while the price was at higher than the bottom of $85. In few days Ethereum will be back to second place again.
NEERAJ ANAND

Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:03:38 PM

Ripple never beat bitcoin as ripple don't have that much value to defeat BTC. bitcoin is the first and most valued coin of this market and have more than 50% of total market cap and ripple only just 12%.
tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:03:49 PM

HELL NO. The bankers can try all they will but they will always be distant from the real crypto comings and goings on the scene....
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:06:21 PM

XRP is very good at paying, but it's still limited because XRP is still under the control of the team and Bitcoin is still the most secure crypto.
Nothing can defeat bitcoin because it is unique among others and its functionality won't be replaced. It is the long crypto and the foundation of all where there price of other coin depend on it also. I do not think that there is something that can replace it and not even think that it is dying because it is more safe yo invest with.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 02:09:00 PM

I never thought Ripple can become the second most popular coin in the market, that was three years ago, but now it really happens, and the possibility that Bitcoin can be overtaken is not really remote, everything is possible now in the cryptocurrency market, so always expect the unexpected.

pleci

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:18:34 PM

I agree that XRP is a good coin and has great potential like BTC and ETH. for now it is still too fast to be able to defeat BTC and even that possibility cannot be rivaled by its strength. Not yet we don't know Crypto will happen in the future, everything comes out of my head and I can only hope for the best for the development of Altcoin.
fileo

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:42:31 PM

I couldn't imagine the market where bitcoin out from being the number one. Everyone knows how useful it is and how the entire market controls by bitcoin. If ever ripple defeat bitcoin just could be in terms of marketcap but not the platform and design.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:43:00 PM

Investors need to be very careful with ripple, because a to!e if coming that the team will just sell all at their disposal and many investors might end up losing.
We should have all known that, these people are holding larger amount of the coin and it seems to have an indefinite supply.
This is totally centralized and anything can be dome to bring about more profit and to increase the marketcap. Eben at that, it cannot overtake BTC.
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 02:43:20 PM

no, ripple is still very difficult to beat bitcoin. even Ripple is still having trouble maintaining second place. when the market is green, the second position is taken by ethereum. if ripple wants to defeat bitcoin, he must be more than this.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:52:46 PM

no, ripple is still very difficult to beat bitcoin. even Ripple is still having trouble maintaining second place. when the market is green, the second position is taken by ethereum. if ripple wants to defeat bitcoin, he must be more than this.
The fact is that today Rippley ranks second on the cryptocurrency market in only one parameter, its capital increase. He will never be able to identify Bitcoin and ethereum for the price and technical and economic demand of the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: