Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC?  (Read 14833 times)
Moore234
Copper Member

Activity: 547
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:01:06 PM

Xrp should be competing with other altcoins. Definitely not btc . Hell no. Not even a close chance,  not even a comparison . Bitcoin has built its reputation.  Yes  xrp made progress but not a close chance to btc
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:03:52 PM

No way!
Bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency, decentralized without any centra power or creator, with limited supply, widely accepted across all countries.

What is Ripple?
Nothing and the value is created from air by printing more Ripples to the circulating supply.

vertinfos

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:12:05 PM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?
Not really, although XRP charges less fee than BTC, most people will still prefer BTC as it's the first ever coin that was created in cryptocurrency. No one can beat the pioneer of the cryptocurrency.
I agree , bitcoin was the first and will remain the first , despite the fact that the Commission on transfers is greater than th ripple , a lot of coins that surpass bitcoin in technology but they are unlikely to overtake in capitalization
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 12:12:37 PM

It seems that those who are well aware of the concept of a cryptocurrency understand that even if the coinmarketcap states that Ripple has a capitalization and trading volumes are higher than Bitcoin, this does not mean anything. Because Ripple and Bitcoin are in essence and in nature completely different projects and they have different goals and philosophy. Bitcoin will always be the first because it is a real cryptocurrency, and Ripple is just a centralized digital coin.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 12:18:51 PM

No I don’t see XRP defeating bitcoin. Anytime we see XRP above ETH on CMC it’s just some sort of pumpings actions and it’s always clear. Bitcoin is still the king and will remain so.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:28:19 PM

I personally don't see that happening. It's a known fact that ripple isn't a cryptocurrency and due to its crazy supply its difficult to surpass bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin holds above 45% of the market capitalisation and its difficult for ripple to beat that.
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:38:06 PM

There is always a chance and this probability cannot be ruled out, because recently it is often said that banks prefer XRP because this project has centralized management. Therefore it is.
basobulat

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:38:41 PM

Based on https://coinmarketcap.com/. XRP defeated ETH again. Is there any chance that XRP can defeat BTC too in the future?

there are many who compare altcoin and bitcoin including the sophistication of the technology. it would be very difficult to beat bitcoin which is actually the king of all crypto. the influence of bitcoin is very large on the circulation of trade, just look at the fall of bitcoin which has a profound effect on all crypto that have been traded. and xrp cannot maintain his position in second place, it is evident that currently eth rises again and ripples cannot surpass him again

Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 01:49:10 PM

Those chances are very slim. Just like I wrote concerning Litecoin becoming like ethereum, nothing is impossible. All that is needed is improvement in the project both by team, developers and the community.
Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:02:18 PM

Time has shown that the second place of Ripple in the rating of cryptocurrencies was an accident. I think that Ripple now can not compete with Ethereum. Moreover, he can not compete with Bitcoin.

gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 11:47:52 AM

It's a big no.Bitcoin remains the clear leader  among cryptocurriences and it remains the number one digital currency at all times eventhough that ripple defeated ETH but it will comeback to its place which is third of the top virtual currencies by market cap behind bitcoin and ethereum.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:37:04 AM

Not really, although XRP charges less fee than BTC, most people will still prefer BTC as it's the first ever coin that was created in cryptocurrency. No one can beat the pioneer of the cryptocurrency.

I am not sure that XRP will stay long in the top-5. It is not even the crypto, although it is digital money. Suppose, Ripple popularity will be going down. Bitcoin cannot be defeated.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:09:54 AM

This argument should be over by now as the basis for judgment which was etherium has regained its position as the number one crypto. Anyone comparing btc to any altcoin or expecting it will sink for others to rise should go back and learn the crypto basis. Btc is the foundation of crypto and there is altcoins without the main coin (btc). When it shakes others hide.

OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:14:42 AM

I don't think there is any chances for xrp to be the leading currency against btc. I also have not seen any chance where any crypto is taking the lead over btc yet

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
xrpholder1982

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:34:43 PM

I sure hope you all are buying XRP right now.  Aside from XRP there are a few other alts which are actually solving a real world problem for customers and developing momentum.  The prices are a distraction from what's happening beneath the surface.  As for custody, Polysign cannot come soon enough! 
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:00:29 AM

If we project a cryptocurrency market into a stock market, we can see a similarity: Bitcoin is gold, altcoins are stocks. Depending on the economic situation, investors reinvest their investments in more profitable ones or wait out unpleasant situations in gold. XRP will always be a means of earning in favorable situations and Bitcoin will always be a savings tool, accordingly will always have greater capitalization than any of the altcoins.
norther90

Activity: 188

xCrypt

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:14:49 PM

I am against XRP. This is a centralized token - and this is a big minus. I will not be sure of my money if they are in XRP. XRP can be controlled by third parties.

xCRYPT ➲➲➲IEO-SALE On IDAX Exchange (https://www.xcrypt.club/)
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:28:59 PM

I don't think there is any chances for xrp to be the leading currency against btc. I also have not seen any chance where any crypto is taking the lead over btc yet
it might be able to beat or shift bitcoin but not become the main currency in the cryptocurrency and later it could be shifted back by bitcoin. because XRP is just an alternative coin created after the bitcoin currency first existed.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 07:50:56 PM

It will be quite a big fight for XRP to try to beat Bitcoin. I didn't know what happened when XRP was able to beat Ethereum but I want to believe it wasn't real. Well, with hardwork from the team and developers, XRP might come close.
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 08:02:11 PM

I do not think that XRP will make it to the top one day. For sure it is a great coin that moves the whole industry towards the mass adoption, but it is never going to be as big as ETH or BTC, because XRP is still a centralised asset.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: