Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:00:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any additional cryptocurrency security tips?  (Read 229 times)
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:45:36 PM

Never use your Private Key to log in anywhere except your personal wallet. And for some seeds, I think you should remember 1 to 2 words in it and delete it, so that the hacker can not do anything.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:51:54 PM

Never use your Private Key to log in anywhere except your personal wallet. And for some seeds, I think you should remember 1 to 2 words in it and delete it, so that the hacker can not do anything.
Just write it on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere that it can't be moved or be wet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:07:40 PM

Always keep your 2FA recovery Keys/Phrases by side. I have changes my phone and did not thought about the google 2FA backups. Now I am trying to resolve this issue with a lot of exchanges, so do not repeat my mistakes.

Hung Yu So

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:44:15 AM

Using of hardware wallets is the most important aspect for security, then it’s followed by ensuring you keep your info safe. Aside that, you can check out this article based upon Blockchain security, as it shows some very interesting points, which allows one to be able to stay safe and secure.

As there are far too many cases in recent times of hacking and all such stuff, therefore, it’s sensible only to go for proper security measurements.
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:55:39 AM

Hey,

I just read this article: https://coindiligent.com/cryptocurrency-security-tips and it mentions the following as the most important crypto security tips:

- Using hardware wallets
- Using 2FA
- Avoiding public wifi
- encrypting your data
- Not storing my coins on exchanges

Is there anything missing that I should be aware of??

To say honestly, using 2Factor Authentication is the best way to authenticate a user whether he is other person is using his account. Well, based on my experience, someone used my account but because of 2FA, still my coins is secured.

michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:46:27 AM

I think that is enough and it's a good tip for every people who want to secure their coins. As long as you can do all of you mention, you will be safe although there is no 100% guarantee to be safe. At least you can minimize the chance your coins to be stolen by a hacker or other people. Stay safe from any suspicious links in your email and don't install any suspicious software for your computer.

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:35:17 PM

I can't believe private keys are so important yet at one point it was something people shared all the time. We used to share our private keys with websites so we could get wallets that are cool looking. Like 1altcoin.... so forth, I mean we didn't share our private keys but they owned the private keys and shared it with us.

It is upmost important that you do every single thing you can think of for security, do not be as stupid as the early investors like us because we failed to see the red signs. Even every single exchange is out to get your money or could be hacked like recent cryptopia one, so no matter how safe you think you are, you will never be 100% safe in this environment.

Even if you do not get hacked, people will hype you up about a coin and take your money willingly and run with it.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:50:16 PM

Hey,

I just read this article: https://coindiligent.com/cryptocurrency-security-tips and it mentions the following as the most important crypto security tips:

- Using hardware wallets
- Using 2FA
- Avoiding public wifi
- encrypting your data
- Not storing my coins on exchanges

Is there anything missing that I should be aware of??
what you convey and give with your opinion all investors will get the knowledge and knowledge of crypto currencies and those related to it all
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: