Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OgNasty excluded from DT1 based on?  (Read 402 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5914

Meh.

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:11:15 AM

I don't care much what you have to say, but generally the rule is posts must be on topic. I don't really see how "why are you so god damned butthurt?" is on topic. Perhaps the rules are just for me and not for thee.

So this is on topic?

Cool story bro. I never said that, but it is telling you trying to attribute such an extreme claim to me, as predicted trying to cast me as some kind of conspiracy theorist in order to discredit me. No evidence of criminal abuse? Please. Lets not pretend. How about your own signature FFS?

Or this:

The trust system is constantly abused for political as well as likely organized criminal purposes. It provides cover for these people to abuse honest contributing members of the forum with impunity. The question is not if they help, it is at what cost? The cost is consistently driving away MANY new users who simply didn't understand the unwritten mob rules enforced here. The thief simply spends a few bucks on a new account and is back in minutes. Legitimate users burned this way don't come back, perpetually putting us in a feedback loop of driving away the decent user base while providing cover for the cons.

Blindly following the trust is a HUGE issue. There is no way to even know if the same person is truly in control of the account any more at the end of the day, and purporting otherwise is disingenuous and only harms the people it was designed to protect most, the newer users. It is at its best little more than a notification system for people to warn others of suspect behavior, and at worst a system of protecting organized crime and mobbing cliques.

I know for a fact this goes on. I have not only personally experienced it, I have others talk to me about it in private for fear of being harassed themselves. The "community" around here means a select group of stalkers willing to harass and defame any dissenters or naysayers into submission. The trust system is just a fig leaf to distract from this banana republic, and by its very nature anyone pointing this out will sound kind of nuts making them easily dismissed.

The only reason I bother speaking about it is enough people know me here to at least take these accusations seriously. If you have no reputation, you are dismissed as a scammer. If you have a reputation then they simply have something to leverage against you and keep you quiet. Now with exclusions these people need not even explain themselves, they can just quietly silence anyone who is critical of them with impunity.

Ask yourself the question. Why is it people such as myself and OgNasty, trusted with large sums of money by hundreds of users here over a period spanning almost ten years... but we aren't valid inclusions in the trust system? Clearly some other motive is at play here than providing users a reliable system of trust.

Just to make sure I don't break the rules.

@OP, your question was answered by actmyname.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Findingnemo (OP)

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:12:32 AM

His question was answered, the thread can be locked. What about the OP do you want me to address? The fact that life is unfair to you and ognasty?
Just excited to see how this drama goes,anyway better locking this thread now and for further discussion just go with new thread.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███