Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashcows with hired rig  (Read 582 times)
dwrjones87 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:28:02 PM

Hi

Since I don't have a lot of GPU power at my disposal, I hired a rig from Leaserig.net, and pointed it to my Hashcows account

I'm not sure what is going on with Hashcows but I pointed 2.85 MH/s at it for 24 hours, but only got 3 times as much as I normally get with my 120 KH/s. I would have expected at least 20 times as much to be honest. Is this something to do with Hashcows or should I be using the hired rig in a different way?
mastah_ob1

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:45:24 PM

You can look at the day you mined here, [Suspicious link removed]/en/profit and then count average btc/mh/s/day and see if it's not far from what 2.85mh should have made that day i would not bother
spartanegr

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

Hi

Since I don't have a lot of GPU power at my disposal, I hired a rig from Leaserig.net, and pointed it to my Hashcows account

I'm not sure what is going on with Hashcows but I pointed 2.85 MH/s at it for 24 hours, but only got 3 times as much as I normally get with my 120 KH/s. I would have expected at least 20 times as much to be honest. Is this something to do with Hashcows or should I be using the hired rig in a different way?

I've had problems with [Suspicious link removed] not generating adequate profits.  I switched to clevermining.com and they seem much better about advertising and generating correct profits.
dwrjones87 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

I'm afraid the links you've posted aren't working

It's been just under 24 hours since the lease ran out, and looking at the figures, for the 24 hours that the rig was working, it generated me 0.00628958 BTC, with 0.00339656 of that being "Estimated Unexchanged..."

That works out as 0.00220687 BTC/MH/Days

I have been looking at CleverMining. It would seem they provide much more information, and from what I've seen they seem to be more profitable most've the time.....

Going to wait until all of the Est. Unexchanged stuff comes through until I make final judgement though...
nhytfdsa

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 07:51:53 PM

It would be hard to make a profit by renting a rig and using a auto-exchanging pool. You would be better off renting a rig to speculate a newly released coin and dumping it when it hits some exchanges.

Take a look at poolpicker.eu for comparisons on auto-exchanging pools.
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

It would be hard to make a profit by renting a rig and using a auto-exchanging pool. You would be better off renting a rig to speculate a newly released coin and dumping it when it hits some exchanges.

Take a look at poolpicker.eu for comparisons on auto-exchanging pools.

Mining and dumping isn't the only way to make money. Values of coins fluctuate significantly, and simply holding onto your coins for a couple weeks and picking your time to exchange can often net you much better results. That said, all multipools (and of course the alt coin market in general) are declining in profitability.

OP: I would be careful of Hashcows. I've had an unexchanged coin balance on their pool for like 3 weeks now. I've contacted them twice about it with no response. I'm tired of checking it every day waiting for them to exchange it. As it is, they have simply taxed me .017BTC; not much, but it's coin I earned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: