Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia - BOOM another one gone - where are those decentralised exchanges  (Read 285 times)
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 03:53:01 PM

who lost some BTC there?

Will they be back or gone for good. At least these people are known are they not?

I wonder what will be left when they re-open? if they re-open.

Time for people to wake up and realise these centralised exchanges are just sitting ducks. You never know when they will be hit next.

Time for the decentralised exchanges to take over and people start to use those.

Who here uses any of the decentralised exchanges?
I used forkdelta and this decentralized exchange is the first exchange that earn me by selling my bounty rewards. Though for now it has no good marketcap volume but at least it is a decentralized exchange and a good one. However, I am thinking that either centralized or decentralized exchange could still be hacked especially if you will store your coins in the wallet.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:57:35 PM

They'll come back, I doubt they have plans of closing, but you can bet that once they're back online they're gonna lose A LOT of clients, some people might move on to another reputable exchange since they'll be too scared to keep their coins on Cryptopia after this massive hack...

Time for the decentralised exchanges to take over and people start to use those.
News like this often encourage people to use decentralized exchanges, especially the average crypto user might feel the need to use them, though I still think the average joe prefers centralized exchanges because they think it easier to use, that's why it's gonna take a while before DEX go mainstream.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:59:07 PM

That shows that we really need to switch to DEXs as soon as possible.
This year will be the year of decentralized exchanges, soon Binance will release its own DEX and that will be the revolution in crypto.

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:02:08 PM

who lost some BTC there?

Will they be back or gone for good. At least these people are known are they not?

Time for people to wake up and realise these centralised exchanges are just sitting ducks. You never know when they will be hit next.

I used forkdelta and this decentralized exchange is the first exchange that earn me by selling my bounty rewards. Though for now it has no good marketcap volume but at least it is a decentralized exchange and a good one. However, I am thinking that either centralized or decentralized exchange could still be hacked especially if you will store your coins in the wallet.
with decentralized exchange you and only you will be responsible for loss, the chances of getting hacked get reduced drastically if you use hardware wallet.
i don't keep large amount on any exchange, ledger is where i store everything. idex is pretty decent dex, i have used couple of times.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:09:04 PM

I leave not much money on cryptopia, only about 0.01 BTC. One of the floors that I used to spend pretty much $ because of shitcoins on it. However, since its operation, it hasn't had any security problems, this is the first time I've heard about it.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:16:59 PM

I am using the decentralised exchanges, because I want to avoid such things, but it is almost impossible to use only decentralised exchanges, because there are simply not enough trading pairs. We need to wait for the wrapped BTC launch and then things will get better.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:38:46 PM

Looking for a decentralized exchange? Use etherdelta  Grin

Seriously now, I also use DEX such as DDEX. It's unfortunate that despite the many hacks that happened on CEX before, some of these existing CEX still don't improve their security.
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:34:14 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1085084168852291586

Their official statement, quite sad they got hacked, if that is what happen. Hopefully they return, it was my favorite exchange. I was never foolish enough to leave my coins there or any exchange. Except that 100 safex I mysteriously aquired several years ago. Not enough to sell or withdraw lol. Dex is definitely the future tho
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:02:20 PM

This hack is the downfall of cryptopia be, i think.
Luckily there were no coins lying there from me.
Sorry for the people who lost coins.
Really a pity that again a exchange was hacked.
cryptowolfsu

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:06:04 PM

What happened to cryptopia? Not working any more. Thank God I stopped trading in that exchange for a while now.

Looking for binance to launch their DEX in Feb 2019,will make the use of decentralized exchanges more.

On 14th of January Cryptopia suffered security breach which resulted in significant losses.When the staff identified
it they put the exchange into maintenance. ( 19391 ETH - $2.438 152 was transfered from Cryptopia to unknown wallet )
I am also waiting Binance DEX to launch.

bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:24:06 PM

It looks like 19391 ETH got stolen through this transaction:  https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1084442862970945536

This is why we should hold only funds on exchanges we are trading with.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:25:00 PM

It looks like 19391 ETH got stolen through this transaction:  https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1084442862970945536

This is why we should hold only funds on exchanges we are trading with.
It looks like this hacker was stoling another funds too. He has been trying to divided the amount and these amounts have disappeared. The hacker has sent it to the various exchange site. hackers has been liquidating all of ethereum in the exchange site.
cryptowolfsu

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:43:23 AM

who lost some BTC there?

Both, centralized and decentralized exchanges can be hacked. So, having your funds on decentralized exchanges are
not a guarantee for safety. Just remember when EtherDelta was hacked end of 2017.
Exchanges do not use for storing our funds.

beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:57:38 AM

Hacking Cryptopia is bad news for exchange, with this situation giving the holder a sense of anxiety to be more careful and focused. It's really sad. As if following in the footsteps of Etherdelta, hopefully, it will recover soon.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:08:24 AM

I'm out of cryptopia months ago I think this happened several times in the past, an exchange that cannot keep up with security and support are bound to close shop, we have so many exchanges coming in the market and security should be the main priority, they cannot make excuses anymore.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:12:04 AM

I had stopped using cryptopia sonce their last problem withdrawing. I remember it took more than 28days for me to processed my withdrawal. I thought it will run away at that time but they came back. I almost gave up the hope of getting back my money from them but suddenly I saw I got my btc in my wallet, lol.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:26:04 AM

OMG! My shitcoins have been cleared in one sweep - By Cryptopia!!!
Goodbye my shitcoins!
Into the graveyard you go together with Cryptopia!

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:30:08 AM

I don't think that Cryptopia will close their business, I believe they have a lot of back-up funds. But, however I don't think they can cover all of the bitcoin that lost. I hope they can just come up with a good solution for everyone.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:31:25 AM

hacked again, a classic reason in every centralized exchanger who wants to run away Cheesy I prefer the decentralized exchange compared to the centralized exchange, many benefits of using a decentralized exchange, one of which is :
  • quick withdrawals and deposits
  • there is no possibility to be hacked

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:38:24 AM

still maintenance looks like this is the end of cryptopia exchange, but if they go back online maybe they will not refund of your tokens, still lose.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: