Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:43:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should consider before investing in a coin?  (Read 3317 times)
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:27:26 PM

I always consider the impact of the losses that I will experience when I start investing in Bitcoin, because investing in Bitcoin is very high risk, so you have to think about the risks first rather than thinking of profits, because the value of Bitcoin is very volatile.

the history of price is one of a good thing to consider when investing to an existing coin if the price is continuously dropping after the listing then it is not a good coin to consider, if the price has a good positive percentage rate then consider it in your list of investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:00:58 PM

I always consider the impact of the losses that I will experience when I start investing in Bitcoin, because investing in Bitcoin is very high risk, so you have to think about the risks first rather than thinking of profits, because the value of Bitcoin is very volatile.

the history of price is one of a good thing to consider when investing to an existing coin if the price is continuously dropping after the listing then it is not a good coin to consider, if the price has a good positive percentage rate then consider it in your list of investment.

You need to check the coin history, how stable the coin is and from how long it is there in crypto market and see the prices of coins for past few years and read the upcoming growths and struggle for the coin all the few things you need to check. If you feel satisfied consult the known crypto expert and then go for investment. Don't blindly invest on coins or on ICO coins be cautious.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:29:52 PM

I think, what you should consider first in investing is that if you have enough spare moneh to do so. If not and you will be using your life money then that is suicide not because it is totally bad but the risk of you getting hurt by a loss is significant and cannot be returned back unless its only a spare money which could not hurt you that much.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:50:55 PM

Participation in ICO or investment at pre-ICO stage is a very risky step. Its just like purchasing a shop on 40th floor and the ground floor of that shopping mall is just start to build.
There are so many ideas/concepts is trying to prevail in the market but is there any formula to separate strong project from scams/weak projects.

Which scale should an investor use to go before investing in a coin? Is it the code, or the system it based, or their community strength, or is it depends on their venture capital that how much big it is?

I am investor and I always considering the team behind the ICO. We can easily identify if the ICO is scam by just looking to the background of team behind the ICO. The ICO should have good whitepaper that are easily to understand and all of the information about the project should be in the whitepaper. It is really risky to make investment in ICOs because not all of ICOs are profitable investments.

Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 03:55:46 PM

The most important thing when one invests in a coin is that he or she should have a good grasp of the underlying tech in the project. If the project is good enough, there will be less effort needed to market it since people will naturally be drawn to it. Also, if the coin does not solve any problem, there's no point buying it.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:13:03 PM

Exchange projects flooded the market and though there are some the collected a lot some don't but we still can see them getting funded even when all they offer is similar to other projects like distributing dividends or the native token is going to be the transaction fee. Most of these projects looks created by same developers and same advisors, nothing new. Although its a use case, its still not new concept. But there are some new projects offering new concept like the GoWithmi, I think that is something to consider before investing - a new concept.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:38:37 AM

The most important thing when one invests in a coin is that he or she should have a good grasp of the underlying tech in the project. If the project is good enough, there will be less effort needed to market it since people will naturally be drawn to it. Also, if the coin does not solve any problem, there's no point buying it.
New coins seem to be very weird with the way they promote themselves, even after ICO. There are bunch of coins that has technologically no improvement at all but they are trying to find a sector and focus on that instead of improving the system. For example Nano got destroyed and it worths not even 10% of what it used but it was trying to make the blockchain instant and quick instead of slow and expensive.

You would use nano and get less then 1 second transactions for FREE. People instead focus on stuff like "advertisement coin that you use to buy and sell ads" or whatever, thats not new, thats not anything special, thats both old in real life and old in crypto as well. There is absolutely no way of using that to your advantage and improving the world. Coins are really not worth the trouble they bring in anymore.
anggi

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:04:48 AM

of course all aspects of the project must be considered. in addition, information about the development of the coin is also very important before making information. it makes us invest in something useful, and useful for us. in the crypto world, I think there are so many things that need to be considered before investing.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:10:10 AM

a lot must be considered in my opinion before starting an investment with crypto currency but the most important is the risk that will be obtained in investing with the crypto currency
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:20:27 AM

For me i should consider the popularity of the coin and the structure. How many years since it created. And the last one is the history of the value in our market.

oh good for you but for me i dont usually look on the popularity or on the history of the coins because i only invest on the newer  ones and  most especially on ico's that i find promising because i think they can give much return compared to standard cryptos  .  i dont really care if its a pump and dump scheme but atleast i can earn something big for a quicker time  .
I think ICO investment is far more risky because it has the possibility of a scam. but you're right the benefits may be far greater for ico investments. because token prices can be very cheap compared to prices when listed in exchange. so look for a trusted and potential project. by look at several aspect like their ANN, Team, and etc
wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:39:15 AM

You should be able to know the information from the coin you want to buy, make sure the coin you want to buy has a good development and of course it can have the potential to be very expensive, don't let you buy coins that have no movement or development at all.

Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:50:18 PM

Participation in ICO or investment at pre-ICO stage is a very risky step. Its just like purchasing a shop on 40th floor and the ground floor of that shopping mall is just start to build.

do research before investment, maybe you can go to their website, read the whitepaper or etc. who you can make you sure, they project is good
tinker123

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:02:32 PM

invest in such projects is not a simple matter. And it is hardly worth investing everything in 1 project. Pick up several projects that are “worthy” of your opinion, break through the information on them and then draw conclusions about whether to invest in them.  Cool
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 05:32:03 PM

There are so many ideas/concepts is trying to prevail in the market but is there any formula to separate strong project from scams/weak projects.

Which scale should an investor use to go before investing in a coin? Is it the code, or the system it based, or their community strength, or is it depends on their venture capital that how much big it is?

I prefer a project that already has a first step, I mean that before they invite us to participate in the ICO, they already have an initial development and there really are results, not just data.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:07:46 PM

For me i should consider the popularity of the coin and the structure. How many years since it created. And the last one is the history of the value in our market.

oh good for you but for me i dont usually look on the popularity or on the history of the coins because i only invest on the newer  ones and  most especially on ico's that i find promising because i think they can give much return compared to standard cryptos  .  i dont really care if its a pump and dump scheme but atleast i can earn something big for a quicker time  .
I think ICO investment is far more risky because it has the possibility of a scam. but you're right the benefits may be far greater for ico investments. because token prices can be very cheap compared to prices when listed in exchange. so look for a trusted and potential project. by look at several aspect like their ANN, Team, and etc
Investment carries a certain level of risks and losses, so it takes bravery, preparation, and thorough research inorder to be guided, to be aware and be educated about its nature. Some of the key points to consider would be the team working behind it, the community surrounding the project, it's reputation, and its legal aspects. After all, it's about knowing the necessary steps and be committed to learn for more creative ideas.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:10:07 PM

I prefer a project that already has a first step, I mean that before they invite us to participate in the ICO, they already have an initial development and there really are results, not just data.

Before investing the kind should be user friendly and more trustability for the future and the promotion things also be very important for the development of currency UK currency has the qualities you can definitely trust and invest on it.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 06:04:42 AM

If you go with this concept then there will be very few projects left for you to invest in. Wink

Not saying that every projects need you to put your money in it but majority of the good ICOs will have an MVP and then when they turn bad that same MVP will turn worthless in the competition with other projects from that sector. Several ICOs last year were promoted like crazy shit. The bear market did affect them and make them worthless but people are still holding on.

In my opinion, if you are investing in something that has a proper team and an MVP that you believe in, dont let other people sway you. Put your money in and then go to sleep. Dont get bothered with market movements because that is bound to happen. Results will come before you know it and then the prices will boom.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
$anounimus$

Activity: 1736
Merit: 294

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:27:58 AM

when you want to choose coins for investment, you should be able to see from many ways but maybe I will give good tips to be able to help you, make sure they have github and see their activities there, and make sure the CEO and team are available and can you find it directly, if you are still confused then you can invest when you have reached the softcap, but usually the bonus will be less.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:07:21 PM

when you want to choose coins for investment, you should be able to see from many ways but maybe I will give good tips to be able to help you, make sure they have github and see their activities there, and make sure the CEO and team are available and can you find it directly, if you are still confused then you can invest when you have reached the softcap, but usually the bonus will be less.
- I think we should still invest after it is listed on exchange, it would be better, instead of trying to consider factors such as development team and community, social networking groups because these elements are outdated, at this point, although it still has some value for us to consider but we still should not be too confident in it when projects have had too many problems and face many different challenges. Even if it has reached a softcap, we should continue to wait until it is listed, it will be safer because I see a lot of projects have reached softcap but they still don't have the exact time to list, it is really a disadvantage and not good for investors

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:12:59 PM

well, that might be the best, because when it comes to softcaps, it's likely that the project will be truly successful. but, the thing that really needs to be considered is the team, because sometimes a professional team is very supportive of the success of a project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: