Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum fork for short term profit?  (Read 511 times)
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:44:58 PM

It seems to me that in the short term you are unlikely to make a profit, the more, you will have to wait!
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:50:09 PM

I don't like to speculate on forks but Eth still has a very low price so I think if you want to invest in Ethereum this can be a good idea if you can hold for longterm.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:50:31 PM

The hardfork has been delayed due to the vulnerability revealing, so the last growing from 85 up to 160 is over I guess. It seems that 1k for BTC is not that unachievable and if it'd be so ETH will drop below 60 for sure.
Because of that delayed, some bag holders will play again and try to shake the market, be very careful assessing the trend, the value of ETH can go down as there's no further announcement regarding to when the fork will take place, placing some entry around 70-80$ just incase pani holders will start selling their coins then wait till the value bounce back again.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:51:45 PM

Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?

You can trade daily with relatively small profits. but you can avoid big losses. yes this is only a way that I do to circumvent every situation in this uncertain turmoil.
or you can be able to do other activities but of course experience is very necessary.
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:51:53 PM

If you traded Ethereum two weeks before fork you could made good profit in short term, but now, I recommend to sell Ethereum because there are some problems connected with delayed hard-fork.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:26:02 PM

I don't like to speculate on forks but Eth still has a very low price so I think if you want to invest in Ethereum this can be a good idea if you can hold for longterm.
The fork of ethereum can be speculated consider it will decrease the inflation and then it may become a very suitable reason to create a short term profit.
But this is sustainable development and those speculators must remember about this because this is really important.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
magnat7691

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:29:03 PM

The fork of Ethereum passed, but there was no significant price increase. Perhaps this is due to the general market conditions.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:39:50 PM

Why not make it tentative plan? Unnoticeable Short term can also be long term holding because of patiently waiting and being busy doing other things. Short term can also be another problem if you want to push it at this market circumstances. Better have some plan A,B,C to be prepared of unexpected things to come.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 04:32:46 PM

Disclaimer: I already own 15 or so different altcoins for long term hold, that won’t sell for several years.

I’m looking to purchase before the fork, investing maybe $1k, for a short term profit. Hoping the prices rises, I can sell before the dump. If there is the drop in price, these can also be held longer term until profitable.

Thoughts?

Hoping that when a fork happens the price will go up that is a long thought. The average person will "Buy the rumor, sell the news" so when the event fork happens, the price may be a dump, because they will sell. So the right moment is when fork information is spread at that time. If the price is below the purchase price, it is better for long-term gold, the average coin fork does have good potential

shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:34:56 PM

Waiting to buy after the fork is a risky strategy because it might rise higher between now and then, the dip could be a small one and you won't get in at a good price

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:37:23 PM

There would not be any new coin guys, hope everyone understands that. The whole Ethereum community has accepted the Constantinople hardfork and there would not be any split. The price will go up directly after the hardfork, but it is delayed one more time anyway.
Sanford

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:16:59 PM

Invest or not your decision. The only problem is. what wakes growth. If you invest only in good coins, even in the short term, you can earn good money.
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:34:00 PM

There was a pump of ETH on the rumor of the fork but we could not see the price of ETH in full potential as the fork has been postponed. Long term ETH will recover for sure and regain it`s earlier market positions in terms of market share.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 12:25:18 AM

Thoughts?

I think its good to hold for long term. Ethereum fork postponed because security issue and i think its good oppotunity for buying because the price is cheap. Altcoin with good product and good development is good to hold for long term and i think it will profitable
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 12:29:44 AM

maybe for the short term, we can see the movement of the etherum in the last week and the current situation. this shows that the unstable east shows an increase, so the hard fork has not had a significant effect on the price of coins in the market. surely it will take longer after the hard fork to rise, for example 6-9 months after the hard fork.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 02:39:39 AM

what you think and which would you rather do not effect conferring good. take a look at that fork on the ethereum unreliable as something promising and even increase that crap anyway. It takes much longer to resist in order to get better results and even the time you the verdict to get too late so it naturally shorter term also to no avail.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:46:27 AM

this is the right time to buy ETH and hold it until Hardfork happens, yesterday HF ETH was postponed and caused ETH prices to down, now I am sure if later on HF happens the ETH price will go up again, then you can get short term profit Wink
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 03:53:39 AM

If you plan to hold the altcoin in your hands for a long time, you must always pay attention to the development of the project, because if the project does not have any development, the token you hold may be zero.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
gerbas

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:14:28 AM

I hope the ethereum fork isn't just for a short term profit. And right now the price of ethereum are still low, it should be a good time to purchase and keep them until it rise.
Yoo

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:40:16 AM

In my opinion Ethereum Hardfork doesn't have a big influence on the increase in the price of Ethereum. besides, for now the price of Ethereum still tends to be stable. And I think it would be better if you buy Ethereum for long-term investment.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: