Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will STO's Work?  (Read 216 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:39:14 PM

What do you guys think? Will STO's be able to compete in the crypto market and actually succeed? I'm glad to see ICO's die out. They were consuming too much market cap +90% of the projects were garbage. I made a list of 100 ICO's I seen promoted back in April and only a select few of them are doing well. Nauticus launched (https://nauticus.exchange/) which is great news for the exchange community, but unfortunately today Cryptopia suffered a hack. We seem to take one step forward, followed by one step back...What do you guys think?
I hope so. ICO projects are not getting too much attention anymore. If you check icobench you will see that there was about 1.6 billion dollars invested into ICO projects last year on February and this January even though we are just at the half yet we have just 160 million dollars and I am not considering a ten time investment made into ICO's anytime soon which means ICO projects dropped to %10 what it used to be.

Thanks to STO projects maybe those numbers will go up again, I mean it is not a guaranteed thing but at least we hope it will make it alive again and make it trustworthy again. Even if it reaches to half of what it used to be around 500-600 million dollars per month that means we are on the right track and during the next bull run it will go beyond what it used to be but without that hype we are going to see it go up to maybe 500-600 max instead of middle ground.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:47:09 PM

Security token offerings can be considered as new generation of Initial token offerings. Finally, these tokens have some use.
But the negative thing is that all buyers have to pass KYC.

Rob768

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:26:38 PM

I think that the situation with STO's will be much better. A lot of ICOs became scam because of this long market falling. They didn't have enough funds to survive but now the market stopped falling. So new projects will develop and wotk on their products.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:38:16 PM

The STO may well work due to the regulation that this method will bring to the fundraising process. However, this will complicate the participation process for small investors and facilitate entry for large ones.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:38:59 PM

Will STO's be able to compete in the crypto market and actually succeed?

I expect a complete description of what STO might look like from your own view. It is a development out of the crypto young phase but we cant expect it to be perfect solution,we hope we wont look for another soon

unfortunately today Cryptopia suffered a hack.

Only few of the recent exchanges had not being hacked, remember it is one of the good and profitable exchanges until the hack. This will always be a challenge for anything online .
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: