Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Source Message  (Read 945 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 07:02:57 AM

Actually giving merits to low quality posts is destructive for the forum. The awarding of merits is an indication of forum standards and abilities. If the general perception is that the community values low quality posts, or post that only have merit because of their obsequiousness, then the more intelligent viewers of the forum boards may decide to spend their time elsewhere.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:08:47 AM

I take all your comments on board (linguistic pollution)

I have already closed the merit book there.

If you cant see a person who has gifted several bitcoin to forum members via fun competitions deserves at least a thanks not just a "Put me down for $4000" cold comment OK.

(incorrectly) Call it a shitpost reward if you will.

Support your good people, encourage new guys, take the time.

Its all good, better than the trolls sucking the life out of everyone.

Lets all stand down now, no need to further battle on each persons map of the world.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 09:14:43 AM
Merited by The Cryptovator (2), JayJuanGee (1)

If you cant see a person who has gifted several bitcoin to forum members via fun competitions deserves at least a thanks not just a "Put me down for $4000" cold comment OK.

Merit shouldn't be given as a gift but as a reward for quality posting. If someone have gifted bitcoin and you reward him with merit it can be considered as a trade. Which is against the merit rules (no buying or selling).

Support your good people, encourage new guys, take the time.

Support them by meriting their quality posts, it'll encourage them to post more of such not by meriting worthless post just because they gave free bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 09:39:23 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 04:44:07 PM by Coolcryptovator

I don't think someone is trolling here. We are just pointing your mistakes. Since you are asking for additional smerit then we have right to check your merit history as a forum member. We just did it, it's not troll at all. I think theymos should increase monthly budgets for few merit source and should add more merit source as well.

When you are a merit source means you are a responsible person who will judge good post. That's the one we just remind you. By the way sorry if we have hurt you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:16:10 AM
Merited by cabalism13 (1)

Its doesn't It isn't going to happen. As I mentioned on my first reply he is spending merit on shitpost then how you expect that he could find good post.

Don't forget that thread is like a court so when he report 2-3 posts and they're all shitpost as you said he'll either be reported by other merit sources to be removed as a merit source or given suggestions by other reputed merit source on what quality post are.   Right now I'll say it could be, he's meriting post just because he agrees to it or maybe he wanted to finish his remaining merits before starting this topic to replicate The Pharmacist's success. I can't really tell though.
We need to remember that QuestionAuthority was removed from merit source for giving merit to the shit post(s),so if this is the case OP also can get the same result.I hope OP's merit transaction will be watch out by Hawk eye (theymos) after reading this thread.

Just see what kind of posts QuestionAuthority was merited
1.30 merits for this
could really handle some merit!
2.30 for this
I'm here! Cheesy
3.30 for this awesome post
nice
and lot more if you see the next replies on that thread itself.I thought these merit transaction will be reversed by theymos but not yet happened.

there still is a difference between sending 30merit or 2merit as well.... and also their still being send mostly to good members as well.
someone like bitserve just to say that has growing activity to become legendary..... have many good posts (isn't it nice for such a member to receive a merit out of camaraderie, generosity (even for just being a all over the time good poster....) so people like them could rank UP

I saw TMAN as well give 50 merit for some one just to hit 1K merit (thats more like all the merit of Globb0)
but I do understand that cause he's a said he's was an overall good poster and like to help him out (absolutely nothing against his action, but its just a similar thing)
everybody has he's moments and reasons I guess, nothing wrong with that .... and QA just didn't liked the system, so thats why he gave out the merit (the good thing is he did it @ the best thread of the forum, and they went all to respected members, that send the given merit out with much care so there's NP as well I guess.

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:25:42 AM

I don't think someone is trolling here. We are just pointing your mistakes. Since you are asking for additional smerit then we have right to check your merit history as a forum member. We just did it, it's not troll at all. I think theymos should increase monthly budgets for few merit source and should add more merit source as well.

When you are a merit source means you are a responsible person who will judge good post. That's the one we just remind you. By the way sorry if we have hearted you.

just not only see to the merit given out there..... also look to older given merit.....

and its not about hearted I think, but about a personal judgement @ 1 specific thread for probably 1 time ...... people will notice such an act and be polite in the future, combined that what he MERITED with GOOD QUALITY posting = the best outcome for the forum.....

As a merit source he had best intentions/judgement @the PAST, and still has them now, so I just understand where he comes from

I do understand other guys thinking as well .....  but as a one time event, just to lead the way what politeness can give and what it does for fellow members.... thats something I can support, and as fellow sources it could be a thinking to support Globb0 as well for a time, the thread closes in 30 minutes as well, so there are probably no more people getting there (so its only a few merit he's willing to send, to complete his work)

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:33:05 AM

why not apply to be a merit source ? highly doubtful you will get it due the way you use your merit at least in my own opinion, as i  do not believe being nice should get you a merit , i am an  asshole and i get plenty of merit for a reason.

but then according to merit "rules" you are not doing anything wrong, you may spend your merit as you you see fit, but asking for merit just to re-send them is not very smart, only half those merit will be in your sMerit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Globb0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:42:51 AM

Some good distortion coming through now.

I am sending merit for BTC?   lol

Keep your misely S merits in your craw, ready for what you deem a good post. That's fine.

I was directed to post here by someone helpful, not to PM, maybe it was a fit up.   lol

As I said initially, strike me down Theymos if it shall be so, so it shall be.

/G

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:29:59 AM

why not apply to be a merit source ? highly doubtful you will get it due the way you use your merit at least in my own opinion, as i  do not believe being nice should get you a merit , i am an  asshole and i get plenty of merit for a reason.

but then according to merit "rules" you are not doing anything wrong, you may spend your merit as you you see fit, but asking for merit just to re-send them is not very smart, only half those merit will be in your sMerit.

why should he apply, he is a merit source..... Huh

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:40:41 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 01:17:53 PM by bitserve

why not apply to be a merit source ? highly doubtful you will get it due the way you use your merit at least in my own opinion, as i  do not believe being nice should get you a merit , i am an  asshole and i get plenty of merit for a reason.

why should he apply, he is a merit source..... Huh

In fact, in spite of having had some previous interactions with Globb0 in the WO, I never realised he was a merit source until he created this thread. Which just gives an idea of how moderate/reasonable he has usually been about his merit sending, almost indistinguishable from another regular Legendary with his own merit supply. Well, if I had really checked it would have been obvious as he has more out than in merits among other reasons, but my point still stands.

I think there's not much else to discuss here since everyone has given their views and all are reasonable (what I previously said about diversity). He decided, for once time, to do an original merit sending action to raise awareness about something (politeness and gratitude) that sometimes we do forget.  Me included.

The cost of the "campaign"? Maybe a bit more than 50 Merits in total that got widely spread mostly among well established (and polite! lol) members of the community.

I would say mission accomplished. My hat tip to Globb0 for that.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:20:11 PM

^
Meaning all that in my Posts...

But of course your writing is better haha

Same for me hat of