Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Ethereum Fork bring about price increase?  (Read 625 times)
Altcoinboss (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:30:58 AM

I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

My question is will the scarcity bring about signifant increase in price?
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 08:35:49 AM

I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

It will, can you imagine when each of miners can dump 3 ethereum to the market directly before the forks and in the future they will dump only 2 ethereum to the market. that means there will be around 33% decrease in the inflation that caused by the miners to prevent the market to grow.
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 09:30:34 AM

That is for sure, but the question is when will the fork would occur, because recently it has been postponed due to some speculation of attacks., and so if it could happen after the forked, im so sure that the scarcity of supply would definitely bring back the price to its original state.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:34:11 AM

It may or may not bring about a price increase in the short-term, but I'm confident that it will in the long-term - it's an important development step on the roadmap.
Any short-term impact has likely already been priced in, which is why I'm a bit skeptical that we'll see a big rise straight after the fork takes effect.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:05:24 AM

From a strictly economic point of view reduction of Ethereum inflation should lead to price increase. After fork expectations of traders also play their role.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:58:04 AM

Scarcity without an increase in demand, it will not cause a price increase, but this is only an opinion and a market that will determine it. We also know that Constantinople has been postponed and I think do not have been any price changes that have occurred for Ethereum.
SinLinJim

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:11:48 AM

The changes will be, but I think not as significant as you want. Let's look at the demand for a new fork of the ether, which will determine its price.

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 07:24:13 AM

Significantly it will not because it will make a diversion to the investors that are holding to that certain crypto. Now look what happen to BCH and the hard fork which is BSV. Both of this crypto had fall down and this is why the fork or upgrade to the new block chain technology of that certain crypto will definitely bring market price of the market.
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:57:44 AM

decreasing rewards to miners will reduce people's interest in mining ETH, and surely that won't make ETH prices rise, but in Hardfork this time it's not only about reducing ETH miner's rewards there are still many other system upgrade that will definitely make ETH prices rise

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
bittraffic

Activity: 2982
Merit: 614

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 08:05:39 AM

Ethereum price is already down. If after the fork its going to be dumped more then this is going to be really disappointing, it won't be helping this market and I think more will blame the eth platform to be really faulty. I would therefore conclude EOS and TRON is going to be a more dominate in the coming years.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:34:41 AM

Less possibility of happening a ptice increasement because the total market is bearish now. Market capital is also lessening day by day. So, the possibility is merely low. I think ethereum will remain stable and later after the 1st quarter of 2019, market will recover a little.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 10:46:41 AM

Scarcity without an increase in demand, it will not cause a price increase, but this is only an opinion and a market that will determine it. We also know that Constantinople has been postponed and I think do not have been any price changes that have occurred for Ethereum.
Nice explanation. Yes, it will bring an increase to the price if it will also cause to bring a demand. Usually when there the rewards are lessen per block it will impact the prices for real.

Just compare the bitcoin halving, it has increased and made significant impact for bitcoin so I believe that the same effect will occur for Ethereum which I really think is possible after the upgrade.

myohmy81

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:05:05 PM

I think the developer of Ethereum had done a thorough analysis about these changes and for sure this will give a good impact to the price in a long run. Yeah it will not take effect right away as this will takes time to establish the price to make it stable. Those who will buy with a lower price and make a long term investment will beneficial with this update.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:29:52 PM

ETH is going to be a POS coin in 2020. Which means you are going to earn ETH while you have some ETH amounth in your wallet. This situation is also will deeply impact the price of ETH.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:59:31 PM

Yes as the number of Ethereum that should be in circulation will be very scared and we should expect very high in Ethereum pricing. However, on the normal bases this should happened since yesterday but that was not possible but now we have very bad market and after the fork we would see what is going to happen.
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:35:04 PM

Two forks turned into scams and the last, the true one - Constantinople hard fork was postponed. So it doesn´t help the price with growth, but it has negative impact on the price.

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:53:11 PM

It could lead to price increase, because the new fork reduce the inflation.
But most traders doesn't care of factors like this and I expect a price decrease in short term because of panic.
However, in long term (6+ months) I expect a price increase.

#Bentley

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:37:29 PM

Fork will not. It was canceled by the developers due to the presence of a bug in the software, which could lead to a hacker attack and significant loss of money, so it was postponed indefinitely in order to avoid this negative probability. Therefore, the growth of prices so far can be forgotten.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:01:30 PM

Yes, that is definitely a bullish sign, as the miners get less as a reward for mining a block the supply in the markets will slowly begin to decrease and if we assume that the demand remains the same then a slow increase in the price is possible, but as we know the upgrade caused a spike in the demand and if we combine the two factors then the price will probably grow faster than expected, but now with the delay we do not know when the upgrade will take place.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:20:12 PM

The forks, as much they are aimed at improving the Ethereum ecosystem and about better value to Ethereum which is sinking hopelessly. Decreasing reward per block leading to lesser token in circulation also need to be complimented with a matching demand for the price to make a tangible movement, else nothing will really change.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: