Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Ethereum Fork bring about price increase?  (Read 621 times)
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 04:06:00 PM

I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

My question is will the scarcity bring about signifant increase in price?

it is not about the scarcity of eth because of fork, as you can remember if you were in the industry long period ago,bitcoin also has fork and now the price is too low, it is about the demand of the people and the help of investors.
lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:13:08 AM

I learnt that the ethereum fork will bring about reduction in reward per block for miners from 3ETH to 2ETH thereby causing Ethereum to be scarce.

Much depends on it, but for now the mood is rather pessimistic and one should not expect much growth.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
BEXAM_Romit

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 09:09:14 AM

A price increase depends on the demand for the new forked chain. And it has been asked for by a lot of people. The only reason it took this long is because of the decentralized nature of PoW. But finally the answer has been done to move to a greener and faster PoS. This is in high demand for its scalability so once it gets under way, theoretically speaking, it should pick up in price too. As for Ethereum classic, cannot really say as the variables that may affect it, especially after the giant bug, is up for debate.
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:21:44 AM

Considering the present market scenario it will not affect the price but in longer run this hard fork will surely help to control the inflation. As the price increase totally depends on market demands & Ethereum have more competitors as compare to its previous ATH run. This competitors are obviously accumulating the ethereum market shares like EOS, TRON, QKC, ADA, ZIL, NEM etc.

mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:42:24 AM

ethereum has done hardfork, I am not so sure that this hardfork will make ethereum increase.
Until now the price has not seen a good development in the price of ethereum
Umkar

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 03:45:30 PM

In the long run, of course, the update of Ethereum will positively affect its price, but not as fast as it may seem at first glance. I think that we need to wait for the main update of Serenity, after which Ethereum will move to a qualitatively new level and then its price will increase.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 05:26:04 PM

The price increase is possible only in the speculative case and only until the fork. It always happens that before a significant event, the price of a token grows, and this should happen here.
After the fork, I am sure that the price will fall again - this is a normal chart of the crypto market. The shortage of Ethereum?? this cannot and will not happen, it is not a way to raise the price of Ethereum. For its solid growth requires a u-turn and ICO in which the resurrected will pour Ethereum river.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 05:37:29 PM

Fork is very important for the development of ETH, but don't expect a big change in price.

Hektur

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:34:02 PM

It was supposed that there will be 3 forks but all of them were just one big fail. Two scam projects were created and the main hard fork - Constantinople was delayed, again.  Roll Eyes

yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:59:28 PM

The delay in the update has spoiled everything, now the effect of the update will not be as strong as it could, but still the price increase will happen, a good chance to earn

Tr0p1k

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:00:12 AM

Price already pumped from $80 to $120 before the hardfork.. If there was no announcement about hardfork the price had dropped further down.. Ethereum is gonna dump hard soon.. There is no trust anymore.. On Bitmex and some other exchanges whales filled there pockets, but you can clearly see there is not a real buy interest anymore.. Hardforks have destroyed crypto.. It turned in pump and dump action hiding behind updates.. Community of crypto are pumpers and dumpers.. Everyone tries to make money since 2017.. The fun is over 700 billion dollar money is gone and will never come back.. Most guys dumped there bags filled there pockets with real dollars and are gone.. This guys where the guys who created this crypto hype..
Peterdav

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:18:25 AM

Fork Ethereum has been postponed and don't know when it will start again. I think fork couldn't solve the problem.
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:51:12 AM

And why everyone does not think about the fact that its capitalization may again fall at the same time, and competitors are not asleep. And then the question is why should he fork when the parent coin loses demand. I think all these steps will only exacerbate the problems of the ether.
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:22:06 AM

I thought yes, because just yesterday when there was an announcement that HF ETH occurred in mid-January ETH prices increased, but after news of delays regarding HF ETH prices fell again, so I'm sure if HF occurs at the end of February it will make ETH prices rise
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:48:56 AM

If hardfork really happens then this can raise ether prices by more than 15 percent and return ethereum to its original position, namely number 2 in coinmarketcap, buy now and sell 2-3 days before hardfork ...
victoria444
Copper Member

Activity: 258
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:22:43 AM

It should bring a price increase surely in the longterm.
Oleg88

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:40:51 AM

I do not think that the fork can lead to higher prices. rather the opposite. vedb capitalization when dividing coins is also divided.
anafiene

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:12:34 AM

I also think that the fork will be able to increase bear market capitalization, and Eth's value will increase again. This has a positive impact on the subsequent development of Ethereum.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:42:59 AM

Fork Ethereum has been postponed and don't know when it will start again. I think fork couldn't solve the problem.

aw . for real ? i didnt notice that but thanks for the info bud  . forks can solve the eth's dip but after it  , the price can also go down because majority of the investors will sold thier eth and thier fork coins for easy profit   .

ethereum has done hardfork, I am not so sure that this hardfork will make ethereum increase.
Until now the price has not seen a good development in the price of ethereum

you cant see the price increase because the fork had been cancelled  but even if there's no fork yet , the price can still increase if ever btc will recover  . only last hope is the bakkt and etf approvals   . i hope they wont cancel those because they did already cancel it before  .
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:04:48 PM

I think it will bring the price increase, especially when this upgrade/fork is successfully implemented and solve the the mining and scalability related problems. Though I think it will not significantly, but it will increase.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: