Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:33:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOW NO MERCY TO SCAMMERS!  (Read 480 times)
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:56:53 PM

No matter how much you try to post the scam projects, some people who do not create time to do extensive research will still fall victim.
I think in addition to the scam session that has been created on the forum, to expose some of these scammers, everyone should take it upon him or herself to ensure that he searches for every information available, just to ensure that his fund is safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 02:00:54 PM

Do you have suggestions on how to practically eradicate scamer projects? because it's true that these scamers have reduced trust in crypto

SEC was suppose to be doing this but they can't just get to work on it, online jurisdiction must be very difficult for them. As for now its going to be in our hands to make all these happen. There are scam busters in the scam and reputation of this forum, glad they know how to scan which team is only getting their photos somewhere.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:01:02 PM

I think in addition to the scam session that has been created on the forum, to expose some of these scammers, everyone should take it upon him or herself to ensure that he searches for every information available, just to ensure that his fund is safe.
I'm just thinking of different approach like this forum should charge some big amount (maybe refundable after some locking period) for announcing any altcoin or ICO. So that only people who are all having all the reasons might be thinking about starting a project and scammers may start staying away from here. Fee for announcing a new project may not be a final solution here, but similar to anything like that will be at least restrict in some level so that we can go for analysing who are all legit will become comparatively easier task.

When this entire community will be working on ensuring who are all legit and what are projects should be classified as "safe" for working, then probably be can have healthier crypto environment in real soon. Already lot of people are working like this for finding out spammers in meta section now they just need to extend their work into ICO industry.

Hopefully we are going to have some initiative with the help of DT members as per few of my friends have already notified about a progress on this. This must be a highly demanded initiative for many people here and I'm really glad that you are going to have it in real time.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:43:15 PM

Scammers will keep evolving to the next level even what we are trying to control them so we need to be careful while investing our own money, don't trust the promotion and attractive discounts and also don't just invest on any project because of lot of people invested on it.
Pagoda.to

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:45:00 PM

I agree that they are evolving quickly, it's so hard to tell which ICOs are legit anymore, they even use real people that you can talk to, pretty nuts.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:11:59 PM

I think we need FRAUD LISTING thread on Bitcointalk forum to fight scammers and bounty hunters need to come together as ONE ,they are the ones Help PROMOTING all this fake projects ,they should be able to warn each other when a fake/scam project get launched on the forum and get the scam project banned off the forum ,we should all remember that the more fake projects are been launched of this forum right under our noses the more cryptocurrency will keep looking bad and NEWBIES are the victims most times ,we investors and bounty hunters have the power to make BITCOINTALK FORUM BETTER.

UPDATE!

As a NEWBIE I never knew we have a scam accusation thread on here ,so newbies like me and for those who doesn't know please let's keep the thread alive ,I believe this will safe many newbies from falling victims
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Thats why take some extra precautions while investing in crypto-currency related Investment!Crypto-currency nature is decentralized so it means its not fully cover on Government Regulation etc. ( *Today some Countries are beginning to regulate Cryptocurrency) and Because of this decentralized Anonymity many scammers is taking advantage of this nature like hiding the true identity while conducting and ICO/ITO and after they accumulate/collected investors money its gone or an exit scam its easy for them to run because they are not known to its investors so thats why doing a little precaution like researched some information if its true or not if you find its faked the sole decision is yours.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:18:21 PM

I think we need FRAUD LISTING thread on Bitcointalk forum to fight scammers and bounty hunters need to come together as ONE ,they are the ones Help PROMOTING all this fake projects ,they should be able to warn each other when a fake/scam project get launched on the forum and get the scam project banned off the forum ,we should all remember that the more fake projects are been launched of this forum right under our noses the more cryptocurrency will keep looking bad and NEWBIES are the victims most times ,we investors and bounty hunters have the power to make BITCOINTALK FORUM BETTER.

UPDATE!

As a NEWBIE I never knew we have a scam accusation thread on here ,so newbies like me and for those who doesn't know please let's keep the thread alive ,I believe this will safe many newbies from falling victims

I think we cannot remove or take away scammers in this business concept. Its part of the business already, now the only things we could do perhaps is report those cheaters who are exploiting the account of others in every ico campaign to the assign BM of every bounty project and also for the fake ico project too.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:25:38 PM

Do you have suggestions on how to practically eradicate scamer projects? because it's true that these scamers have reduced trust in crypto

SEC was suppose to be doing this but they can't just get to work on it, online jurisdiction must be very difficult for them. As for now its going to be in our hands to make all these happen. There are scam busters in the scam and reputation of this forum, glad they know how to scan which team is only getting their photos somewhere.
This is why we need to let the government regulate cryptocurrency. We had no other choice if we will let the scammer do this. Actually I have seen one bounty team management that always bring scam project and they had a lot reason of it or strategy that will triggered at the end of ICO period or after they gather some money from.the crowd.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:57:07 AM

My opinion is every dev should go through some security process before allowing them to post on here for bounty hunters to promote ,its because nothing is holding them back that's why they are so free,there is no law and where there is no law we all know what will happen
I agree with your opinion because this method if implemented can increase the trust in this forum and the projects that are in it

This is why we need to let the government regulate cryptocurrency. We had no other choice if we will let the scammer do this. Actually I have seen one bounty team management that always bring scam project and they had a lot reason of it or strategy that will triggered at the end of ICO period or after they gather some money from.the crowd.
If you find a bounty team that always carries a project team, please make a thread in this forum so that you can find it together about the truth
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 01:00:12 AM

That is a good idea. We must be responsible also for filtering out some scammers users and for the fake project scams. We must also include bounty managers that are not giving the bounty rewards on the hunters. Being in red trust is still not the best idea, but to have a master list for scammers is a good one.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 03:52:45 AM

UPDATE!

Best thing to do is to create a bounty that aims to purify and eliminate the scam projects in the market. That is a good idea am I right? Well, soon I hope it should be done so.
jimmymagz_071988
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:07:54 AM

Theres a thread already for that, scamming is not new here it happen since crypto started to boom in the market. Your concern is good to our crypto community and we are democracy, you can make your thread to our newbie more knowledgable and avoid scammers.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:51:24 AM

It's worrisome to see scammers lynching investors in cryptocurrency world and its getting more popular this days ,I'm worried about the newbies that have the power to make crypto grow by spreading the words about it to friends and family but what happens when they are victims to scam projects ? They run and badmouth cryptocurrency I'm general

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:02:16 AM

It is no brainer if you do the research properly. Instead of proving/wasting your time whether the project is legit or not , ask the project to prove it legitimacy and evaluate it.
Do not be fooled that anonymousity is necessity of crypto, No company (whether it is doing ICO funding)  can remain anonymous and it need to be registered somewhere in some country.

I am alive
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:40:14 AM

To me having scam accusation thread is not enough we must continue to find ways to deal with scammers and eliminate scam activities totally, though it will be difficult but if we make up our mind and work together, we can get ourselves out if the hand if scammers.We should not give them breathing space until we are able to minimize it.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:14:03 AM

It just needs common sense to easy prevent us from being scammed. Nevertheless, Common sense isn't actually common. Sometimes you just need to look at the bigger picture instead of focusing to gain a profit. In cryptocurrencies spaces, useless project or scam project is easy to recognize, most of the project is only a rehashed idea, and has no utility. And also the main reason bounty payment paid in project token is because they have no funds reserved for marketing campaigns, and that is a big warning.
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:21:48 AM

UPDATE!

In order to do this, the high ranking members of the Bitcointalk should be led and a team of well-understood people should be established. However, it is not easy to understand which project is SCAM.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Jpti

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:36:56 AM

Yes it is the need of the hour to expose and take action against scammers. There are increasing incidents of fake ICOs cheating investors and crypto hunters. Such scammers have also eroded the image of cryptocurrency and spread discouragement among genuine ICOs. So strict regulations and other steps the likes should be in place to end scam.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:28:02 AM

To be honest, there is no exact way to reduce the scammers in cryptocurrency or in this forum. That is why, we have to be extra careful when it comes to doing transactions. We can't exact ban people since there is still privacy in cryptocurrencies even though KYCs exist. Preventing scam ICOs is possible. But the people behind it is near impossible.

Cloud_miner

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:35:11 AM

I think that this may turn out to be quite an effective means to limit the number of fraudsters who are trying to promote their projects at our expense, however, everything will be even more effective if the state accepts the appropriate regulation that limits fraudsters in their capabilities.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: