Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 04:46:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU LOOK AT WHEN EVALUATING A CRYPTO PROJECT  (Read 475 times)
bountylayomi
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:26:00 PM

Some of the things I would look into before I invest on any cryptorelated projects are the followings:
1. From the whitepaper, I will try as much as possible to read, and understand the project concepts, the end product of the project or simply put, what problem is the project solving and is it relevant to the need of people.
2. The team, from the project telegram channel, I will deduce how active, passionate is the team members? Do they they really have the interest of investors at heart?
3. What are people (the crypto guys/enthusiasts) saying about the project.
If what I get are OK by me, I proceed to invest.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:29:37 PM

When I want to join a project, the main thing I see is the manager who manages the project. and I also evaluated the vision, white paper and saw the project team that was professional.
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 01:31:48 PM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?
What a project needs to have for you to invest on it?

Tks
Most times, I start by looking at the telegram group in order to assess the size of the project community, and try to read the different reviews about the project from others. Then I can check out the white paper and others.
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:33:20 PM

In each project, first of all, white paper plays an important role, the team and the task of the token, then you need to delve into the details!
Reid

Activity: 2954
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:40:22 PM

Features. See to it that it will click to a lot if investors specially with young ones. They love investing now but they are picky.

Management. This is where you should be careful about.
Try digging deeper about their profiles and see to it that they are legitimate. It will be your money which is on the line so better take care of it. Avoid scams, do not be tricked at start. Do not just be pulled by the hype.
ramahero01

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:03:47 PM

questions like this are actually often discussed in this forum and the general answer is first to pay attention to the project profile, make sure their profile is real and also their site must be active and interesting, then make sure the price they promise should not be excessive and lots of bonuses are offered because usually projects that give a lot of hope are prone to fraud.
joeperry

Activity: 2198
Merit: 470

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:17:47 PM

We have different criterias based on our own instinct or experience but I'm happy to share it here and also I'm going to read the others as well about their own criterias and maybe I can improve mine. So here are some of my criterias:

Roadpaper - All of the informations are written here, the problems and solutions and the approach they're going to use.
Team - There's a high chance if the team is experienced. Also check the credibility as well as the legitimacy of each of the member of the project.
Community - This is just optional some legit projects doesn't have small amount of members but all of those users are real serious investors unlike community with a large number and mostly bots and non investors.
The use of the coin and project - There's a lot of project that has been completed but the project and the coins have no use just listed on exchange.
Special Features - The uniqueness of the concept of the project, there's a lot of projects in the market that has the same concepts and there's no uniqueness.

Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:22:55 PM

Fellows, I would like to ask you to describe your evaluation process of a crypto project:

What do you look at?
In what order?
When looking at some X factor, when do you judge it in a positive or a negative manner?

Tks
You simply have to find out the real product that the ICO is bringing on board. If it is real, then the ICO will likely be good for investment.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:26:49 PM

First of all, I am checking their website, if everything seems good, I am switching to whitepaper, because it is the most important document. The next step is to check the team members, and the communities stats. You can also check the rating websites if you want to.

jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:17:05 PM

What do you look at?
In what order?

Tks

There are a lot of pieces to it but definitely first is to understand the whitepaper and if it aligns with the true purpose of crypto. I also like to check out their community and see if the founders are involved in the conversation. Check out crunchbase and make sure they are legit and then also checking security audit updates. I've been a follower of Ampleforth for some time because they hit all these marks and just recently released their second security audit which they detailed on their blog. Pretty cool if you haven't heard of them.
trofim21

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:30:20 PM

There are two criteria to which I adhere to the first one. I definitely check the team of this project and the second is also an important point, it is necessary to study the partners with whom the company works.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:13:26 PM

The most banal is to check out the website and white paper. If you like everything, you should also see the chat and the channel in the telegram. No harm will also communicate with the developers, ask them your questions. Then you will be able to fully understand the idea and plans of the project.

Rostock

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:45:45 PM

I think that you should pay attention to such items as: project developers (which previously did projects, if they were), White paper, what is the essence of the project, their cooperation and also see the telegram channel.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:47:19 PM

They need to have a good idea and a proper use case and a plan how they will make it happen.
So, I am looking from the idea until the final realization if the projects has all the elements needed. (resources, team, roadmap etc).
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 04:47:39 AM

When evaluating ensure a clear Foundation. so when finding existing factors could only conclude it will impact positive or negative. each factor of the team concept and its system, all influential. check it all is whether the initial step to be chosen well and not. When one of the steps at first certainly results so on also not so good and the scam already awaits becomes a risk.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:41:44 AM

I just go for good luck while selecting a project. There is some basic investigation that you can do but even that won't assure you anything. All you have to do is to trust the project and go for it.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:44:13 AM

When I decide to invest in a project, I research my best to ensure that it has potential to get me X% return on my investment. The very first I consider about the project is its core feature. For which it is different from others coin. What is the utility case. Later, I give a research about the team. That's how I choose a good project.
dutechman

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:05:19 AM

Part of the things I look at when evaluating a crypto project are:
1. I look at the product or the problem identified that the project is aiming at providing solution to. How cogent is this problem identified? What is the project's lined up strategies in solving this problem?. Is the project's identified problem realizable?.
2. I look at the telegram community. How many people are there? I look at the spreadsheet of the project's bounty campaign to evaluate the ratio of the bounty hunters to those that might be probably willing to invest (investors). In a situation where bounty hunters are so much than the investors, it's a red flag.
3. I look at the team on the website. Any project that is using animated object or teddy to represent the faces of its team mates.
4. Sometimes I read white paper, but not often, and so on

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
tytanhamon04

Activity: 210

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:35:56 AM

I mainly study the development team, managers in telegram and their work. I pay attention to how well the site is made and the ratio of the number of tokens and the price for them.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
tbossmitche

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:21:43 AM

Before factoing in other things, I think going through the whitepaper is key. I always wish to confirm if there is a viable product on offer. As much as this is not the end point. It encourages me to look deeper into the project as a whole. While going through the whitepaper, I give more focus to the roadmap and the team members just to see if they have got everything figured out and if there is enough expertise to see the project through. To a lesser extent, I check out how active the project is on social media among other things.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: