Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Fork?  (Read 231 times)
DonnieMitchel (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:18:07 PM

What is the reason for the fork?

Anybody mind to shed some light?
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:21:14 PM

It is coming to resolve the major issues faced by eth network for example congestion, high fee and delayed transfers with this fork most of the scalability issues will be solved but recently i have heard that this fork is once again delayed for a while.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:31:45 PM

There are no ETH plugs with the formation of new coins. Earlier, a fork was announced on January 11 with the separation of the Ethereum Classic Vision (ETCV) coin, and also on January 12, the Ethereum coin from the Ethereum Nowa (ETN) branch. These two forks turned out to be frauds and information about their creation was launched in order to seize the secret keys of wallets from trusting ethereum holders, allegedly during the procedure of transferring free forks to them.
Today, five improvements should be introduced into ethereum, which are called Constantinople. In this new coin does not appear.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:25:36 PM

We saw last few months  a massive price drop in ethereum. The first one is failed or scammed or fall of ico ecosystem and 2nd is internal of ethereum. For many days we saw many problem love ke high technical fees, where many blockchain don't have payment system. The transaction speed is not good also. And time by time we saw some network problem. To resolve all of this problem the team announced that they will inplement some fetaurea which solve this kind of problems.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:51:38 PM

The reason is to decrease the inflation and replace the old protocol with a new one that already used the new improvements to give a better scalability and stabilty. The hardfork will be related to the improvement of the existing protocol and improve it through use improvement proposal.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:53:52 PM

For many dys in ethereum chain we face many problem like slow transaction rate, transaction fees was high and sometime due to overloded transaction we see a specific conjunction in ethereum chain. And that things effects on the price of the ethereum. To resolve this kind of problem devs announced a fork where they can easily work in this problems. They will work in scalability issues also in this fork. But for some security problem it is delayed now. The team will announc the further progress in upcoming days.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
Luvr1000

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:06:38 PM

the changes that need to happen in ETH technology is a very good step, in my opinion the coin has long needed to change something, because there are many rivals to this coin. after the update, most likely, there will be a good growth, because the creators of this coin should make a quality product, I'm sure  Wink
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:21:13 PM

The swap ton another coin is not the main focal point of the hardfork, rather it is some upgrade bin the ethereum network. Conversion of POW to POS. Also, ethereum network has the problem of scalability, this is meant to resolved as well as the subsequent upgrade.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:25:37 PM

When we say FORK, that means a new coin is being produced ( which is basically derived from a mother-coin that existed already ) in order to improve some parameters (that seem to be lacking in the previous coin ) such as : reducing fees & accelerating the confirmation of transactions process, coming up with new features...etc
BTW, if you want to know more about Eth forks that were planned to be achieved in 2019 , you find here a sufficient description of the different forks ( Eth classic vision, Eth nowa, and Constantinople)
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:31:55 PM

It is coming to resolve the major issues faced by eth network for example congestion, high fee and delayed transfers with this fork most of the scalability issues will be solved but recently i have heard that this fork is once again delayed for a while.

Yes, the hard fork has.been delayed for now. No reason had been posted though it to early to say. I really wait for this upgrade and hoping this upgrade might help bring the price of ethereum to skyrocketed. Instead, it is pending and I don't know might be the effect of this. I see, this might be the reason why ethereum is going an down with huge percentage recently is that some investors might have foreseen the hard fork will be poseponed again.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 11:37:32 PM

It's all about scalability (although there are some things to improve stability).

The major problem with eth is that it doesn't scale well.
What that means is that the more people use the network, the slower and more expensive it becomes.
In 2017, the problems really started to show.
For example, there was a very popular game called Cryptokitties.
It was like Tamagotchi and Pokemon but on the eth network.
It caused a huge spike in eth network traffic and confirmation times slowed down to hours and gas prices soared.

The upcoming developments are meant to fix this.
People are excited because this keeps eth competitive against the newer smart contract platforms and shows eth has reliable development.

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:39:33 PM

I thought that today will be a great day for the continued improvement of ethereum blockchain, the developers had suddenly decided to postponed the launch for the reason of security issues found in the hard fork. We know that the hard for will sure make the ethereum blockchain one step closer to scalability. But, we can't take for granted that security is a very critical issues. They don't need to rush everything.
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 11:54:10 PM

Basically reduce mining rewards and then introduce some new upgrade to fave way for POS maybe at the end of the day and the list goes on..I think the whole upgrade is so that price can be maintained instead of what we are currently having

Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:13:48 AM

You could see bitcoin forks history into why they do this.
They are just the same.

There are plugs that seems to be stuck and needs to be resolved. In bitcoin case we felt the slow transaction and high fees. Now, it is resolved but the problem is it got pregnant and produced a new coin which is BCH that is now dividing investors instead of just 1 which is BTC.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:44:45 AM

The fork event was due to an upgrade of the Ethereum network, which was the event that was initially set. In view of the previous upgrades, many of the currencies may fall after the upgrade.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:12:03 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2019, 06:41:30 AM by knuckey

For further information you can see and read their announcements regarding this matter.
https://medium.com/mycrypto/ethereum-constantinople-everything-you-need-to-know-a47f3a16f3d2
https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/01/15/security-alert-ethereum-constantinople-postponement/
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 04:14:52 AM

Well base on what I learn from reading about fork or hard fork is that a system will be duplicated with a new upgraded system just like what happen to BCH that has now new block chain and being called the BSV. This upgrades was being implemented due to the latest hacking trends or some other factors that like developing a new and fast system will be the most likely reason.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:48:31 AM

Yes, the hard fork has.been delayed for now. No reason had been posted though it to early to say. I really wait for this upgrade and hoping this upgrade might help bring the price of ethereum to skyrocketed. Instead, it is pending and I don't know might be the effect of this. I see, this might be the reason why ethereum is going an down with huge percentage recently is that some investors might have foreseen the hard fork will be poseponed again.
Improvements to the ethereum called Constantinople were postponed due to the fact that several hours before this event a vulnerability was discovered, called a re-entry attack, because it was possible to re-enter the same function several times without updating the network to report on its actions, essentially allowing you to continuously withdraw funds. On Friday they have to announce a possible new date for holding hard forks Constantinople.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:20:05 AM

Constantinople is not a contentious hard fork and is designed to simply upgrade the network and lower the mining rewards so it won't have any impact on how you use it and there's nothing you are required to do as a user except check with your wallet provider if there are any updates you need to install prior to the fork occurring to ensure you have the latest updates

ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:02:31 AM

Don't trust ETH fork for a free coin, I have scammed two times from NOWA and ETCV well, my hardwork pays nothing as I support hardfork like that. Well, invest, that is much more better to do.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: