Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why got a so big size wallet client during compile wallet in ubuntu  (Read 189 times)
onschedule (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:00:28 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2019, 10:09:14 AM by onschedule

ubuntu 18.04
compile crypto currency

compile process:
cd xxxxcoin
./autogen.sh
./configure
./make

got xxxxcoind in /xxxxcoin/src, but the size over 140M

then compile :
sudo apt-get install g++-mingw-w64-i686
cd xxxxcoin
cd depends
make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32 -j4
cd ..
CONFIG_SITE=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32/share/config.site ./configure --prefix=/
make
got xxxxcoin-qt in src/qt ,but the size over 140M

need help !!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:30:37 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2), aliashraf (2)

That is not abnormal. The reason the binary is so large is because it contains debugging symbols. It is not stripped. If you do
Code:
strip src/qt/xxxcoin-qt
the binary will become much smaller. That removes all of the debugging symbols.

onschedule (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:48:32 AM

That is not abnormal. The reason the binary is so large is because it contains debugging symbols. It is not stripped. If you do
Code:
strip src/qt/xxxcoin-qt
the binary will become much smaller. That removes all of the debugging symbols.

thanks man ,but strip function is not normal process ,some time i can get a normal wallet with normal size but most of time i can not.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:08:30 AM

thanks man ,but strip function is not normal process ,some time i can get a normal wallet with normal size but most of time i can not.

What is your definition of "normal size"? I think it's usual if you build from scratch and got "bigger" files compared to non-debugging files, just like achow said.
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 03:34:31 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

And what you are doing is not the normal process for releases. You are doing the normal process for development where you want to have debugging symbols in order to debug the software. The release process uses gitian which runs a build script. That build script does use strip and does many other things that are specific to releases.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: