Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to unshared bounty tokens?  (Read 6434 times)
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:02:15 PM

It actually depends on the project involved. Unshared bounties could be channel to other marketing options or could be burnt or given as bonuses to project investors. Also in some cases, could be gathered together and put into another bounty pool as bounty phase 2, 3 or 4 depending on the situation. Some projects could be very generous and distribute the tokens amongst bounty participants.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:06:31 PM

In my own understanding, for what is happening to unshared bounty token, it goes to the BM in my own opinion.
It is on the jurisdiction of the BM on how are He going to do it. Because the only token that will be burn is the unsold token, not the bounty allocated in the campaign.
If unshared bounty token go to bounty managers, then that might make some of them to start cheating. They might always aim at bounty participants not getting g all their tokens. It is possible he creates even fake entries by himself in order to cancel them at the end and direct the tokens to himself.

The OP has actually given good solution. All the tokens should be calculated to favour bounty hunters who are truthful to their work.
oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:31:46 PM

I will go with you about the screening and KYC done before tokens are calculated but I also believed that the undistributed token are most at time burnt which a project I participated in did that but also some dubious BM can just keep the tokens for themselves
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:36:00 PM

I wanna  believe this input is one of t best ways to handle this issue well. It's quite cool if this  can be done to reward the faithful and diligent soldiers who have done the work well.
karsy

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:36:07 PM

My view is the same. Usually team don't distribute these tokens and nobody will see them. It would be better to distribute the rest of tokens between hard-working bountyhunters. The difference isn't so big but it's our money.

Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 0

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 09:40:35 PM

You are very right with that and I have also been worried over such token and also the real allocation in their white paper which in some cases allocating 5% of the total supply but 2% were used for bounty and the remaining 3% were not used but after listing you find out that the total in circulate are not showing that as unsold token but among the total supply which show unfair from developer side as many of them are not trustworthy but used those token as reward for themselves and it is very bad to the industry as a whole.
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:47:24 PM

It is realistic and most useful to all
That these codes are burned because no one actually
deserves them according to the laws of the campaign
This will reduce the supply of goods and thus benefit everyone.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:21:44 PM

In bounty campaigns I participated after the participants get their stakes there is a week or two period for complaints where everybody can raise his issues. After that period the stakes are recalculated according with the changes and there are no remaining stakes or coins, all are split among the participants. What you mention is a problem with KYC participants who do not pass it. Some projects burn the remaining tokens or they go the the reserve funds.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:18:10 AM

in some cases I see if the bounty uses kyc and there are participants who do not do the kyc their rewards will be in total and some will be distributed to participants who do kyc but there are also those that are stored as their team
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:45:29 AM

I think this is very fair, so I almost don't participate in the settlement of weekly wages in tokens, only participate in the settlement of weekly wages by number of shares, so I can get a higher reward.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:00:08 AM

Should be based on the terms of the bounty program, but if there are cheaters it's not wise to share it to those who are entitled to receive the bounty since they did not make an effort to earn over what is stipulated in the terms. What I like is just the team should always be transparent so there will be no chaos in the end.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 03:11:11 AM

Maybe this indeed could not be known to him. for every manager will have the ways and measures of their own to the token that is not distributed. may be added to the participant could be even. transparency in matters like this that have not been discovered until now and be a secret from the manager that is running.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
alberdina

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 03:33:09 AM

This kind of thing has been felt by many Bounty participants, which makes everyone disappointed. Tokens are not given for various reasons, even though bounty hunters work on projects 2 to 3 months. Of course, this is not fair if they do not receive tokens because they did not pass KYC. I hope things like this have a better chance going forward.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:46:58 AM

I should think that the right thing would be that the unshared tokens would be the possession of whoever is holding the token distribution, either the BM or the project company. We should also realize that having the tokens left over may not have com planned. There are cheats everywhere. The social media is a terrible place.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:50:33 AM

Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What happens to unallocated bounty tokens?
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
Where do these tokens then go to?

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.
So stakes should not be calculated for cheaters.

This is just my opinion, it is opened to discussion.
What do you think?

They will burn it but sometimes they keep going but using share system, meaning dividend. Developer know that as risk and they already have solution, burn it and create again. The problem is burn token meaning they not success with the project, people will think twice before join their next project. Become developer is not easy but keep going is more important than burn.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:23:40 AM

it's depend on project owner, my past experience is most of the campaign unallocated tokens will give back to project owner and used for project development funds, sometimes bounty manager decided recalculated the stakes and give all the tokens as rewards, but bounty allocated tokens only 1-5% of total tokens, so no need to worry too much about that.
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 05:35:35 AM

you speak bounty who must do KYC, they should be tokens that do not pass KYC must be allocated to participants who have done KYC but it all returns to the team's policy from the project, sometimes they take the token with reasons for future development

Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:39:28 AM

Absolutely agree on that, but most of the teams on the project are not transparent enough to tell the community this kind of stuff. They will not re-allocated the rewards for those who are not qualified to do the tasks. But I encountered one project that burned all of the allocated tokens to those who does not qualify.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:14:51 AM

Absolutely agree on that, but most of the teams on the project are not transparent enough to tell the community this kind of stuff. They will not re-allocated the rewards for those who are not qualified to do the tasks. But I encountered one project that burned all of the allocated tokens to those who does not qualify.
That's a good example of a good team, they are transparent and they will earn the respect of the investors to that.
A project team should also do things for the best interest of their investors, if what is written in the white paper, it should be followed.
Withholding bounty not distributed will cast doubts to investors, because they are the one who are really concern even in small details.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:27:22 AM

Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What happens to unallocated bounty tokens?
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
Where do these tokens then go to?

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.
So stakes should not be calculated for cheaters.

This is just my opinion, it is opened to discussion.
What do you think?
If my opinion, It is all depends on bounty manager. Before he put all coins/tokens beside of stake, he must count again stake for those who KYC if he plan to do it. So, what reports they give to project's team, already exclude people who not do KYC. And then bounty allocation wouldn't changed.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████