Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to unshared bounty tokens?  (Read 6434 times)
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:22:26 PM

Undistributed tokens are returned to team members and they have the sole discretion on what to do with them, it should also be noted that there may be other bounties even after token sales to promote awareness about the project.They can be put into such use
As a rule, those tokens that are not distributed at the sales stages are burning. Only low-quality projects keep tokens for themselves

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:33:08 PM

Undistributed tokens are returned to team members and they have the sole discretion on what to do with them, it should also be noted that there may be other bounties even after token sales to promote awareness about the project.They can be put into such use
As a rule, those tokens that are not distributed at the sales stages are burning. Only low-quality projects keep tokens for themselves
It seems to me that, to a greater extent, it is new projects that today have no support in society. Only isolated cases show good results in the cryptocurrency market, And all other coins are unclaimed and are not sold anywhere.
Diva1993
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Custom Contract Network (CCN)

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:33:53 PM

This your suggestion has merits, unfortunately not all bounty managers are honest, many of them intentionally bring in the issue of KYC and screening after they have already calculated all the tokens so that there would be leftover for them because some people are bound to fail.

lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:48:39 PM

Have you ever asked yourself this question?
What happens to unallocated bounty tokens?
There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.
Where do these tokens then go to?

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.
So stakes should not be calculated for cheaters.

This is just my opinion, it is opened to discussion.
What do you think?

Processing KYC should be the first thing to comply to trigger earlier those cheaters participants in bounties. If those cheaters have shares of stakes it's very unfair to those hunters doing proper participation with respect the rules, so they should be eliminate in the first place.

And those failed to do KYC, it depends on the team or BM handling the project. Some token was automatic added to other participants or they burned that token.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:57:58 PM

I often question that and honestly I am very curious about the answer but I think there is actually no right answer because everything can change at any time, so I decided to wait and if it doesn't change anything then I will try to forget it

I think there is no right answer to say. because almost all of them experience this, and those who know the answer are of course the project. because those who do not share the token are the project, so the use of tokens that are not shared must certainly ask the parties concerned
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 07:24:08 PM

Most likely they would accumulate it and send it split part in all those bounty hunters. I think that is a wise move for the team. But if they only have small portion of the token, they would burn it immediately, they send it on an unknown address and cannot be recovered.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 07:47:44 PM

Many bounty managers introduce a KYC check for bounty hunters in order to weed out scams and distribute the reward only between honest members. With this approach, all coins are distributed equally. In my opinion, if there are Unallocated coins, then such a project is unfair.

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 07:55:48 PM

As far as I know, the team must burn the remaining tokens and this must be made public. If they somehow retain the unshared tokens then something is shady among that team and I would advice to stay away from the project. I encourage everyone who knows about projects who didin't burn the unshared tokens from bounty to post here the details.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:10:30 PM

Very often we cannot trace where Unallocated tokens disappear. Project managers say they're burned,and in fact, these tokens were distributed to several dozen addresses belonging to managers.We need a clear state control over the ICO.
pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:19:25 PM

One of the biggest issues  that most projects team have, is lack of transparency. Although, they own the token and it is their right, but they know very well that if they claim they have the sole right to do whatever they like, the they might not get good support from the community or investors.
I expect that they disclose what they intend doing with all this tokens, so that they can earn more trusts.
Patrix_1

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 01:38:53 PM

They are going to be used for another bounty rounds. But I think that the team members are sharing them within the team. It is only a theory and if the project is really honest, they will burn them to increase the token price.
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 07:39:04 PM

I think it will be used for promotional projects during other times. Since the token allocation they have written is for marketing, perhaps airdrops are reasonable in most cases that the bounty tokens are not yet allocated.
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:15:39 PM

There have been several bounty campaigns where some participants do not qualify after being screened, such as those who fail to pass the kyc due to multiple accounts or other reasons, detected bots or cheaters who use other people's details.
Most times, stakes would have been calculated and tokens allocated on the spreadsheet to be submitted for distribution, before the screening process is completed. Which then means that some tokens will be left undistributed.

In my opinion, in order to reward the faithful and sincere hunters, I want to suggest that all the screening should first be completed, before stakes are calculated and prior to allocation of tokens to bounty participants.

What do you think?
Everything that i know about unshared bounty reward will be burned to keep the value of the coins high.
There is unlikely that those allocation to be given into the dev's account, cause it could affect the price of the coin itself.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:18:30 PM

Although im just new in this bitcointalk, but i just read about this significant topic, and i think the unsold tokens would be probably burned, also the unsold tokens would be distributed for an airdrop.
kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:32:28 PM

What do you think?
Long ago, i've also wondered about that, but sometimes ago i heard a news from bounty manager that the coins that aren't distributed were burned. So it won't go anywhere, but instead it will be gone forever.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:38:44 AM

Although im just new in this bitcointalk, but i just read about this significant topic, and i think the unsold tokens would be probably burned, also the unsold tokens would be distributed for an airdrop.
This is a good suggestion but it should be stated on the rules of the ICO, we cannot dictate them on what to do.
Actually this is not an issue if the team are responsible to follow what's written in the rules, investors are looking on these things as well
as they know this unsold tokens still has a value and it could affect the market.
Siti Nurbaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 03:08:52 AM

As far as I know, these tokens are burned because they can affect the market, I don't want to think negatively and this must be done by an honest and responsible team.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 03:15:08 AM

This is a good suggestion but it should be stated on the rules of the ICO, we cannot dictate them on what to do.
Actually this is not an issue if the team are responsible to follow what's written in the rules, investors are looking on these things as well
as they know this unsold tokens still has a value and it could affect the market.
usually they explained about unsold token in their announcement , whitepaper or in their said.so they will it clearly to their investors, no more ask about team plan about unsold token,
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2019, 12:04:11 AM

I tried to keep thinking positively, that the team was doing the best for the participants, namely by holding the distribution of tokens until the bull run occurred, and the participants got a much better exchange rate.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2019, 12:29:29 AM

we wait until the distribution arrives. indeed it's been a long time, but this is what really happened and when this bear market situation. we think positively that the team holding down distribution to keep the exchange rate good when the bull run occurs.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: