Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Universal Exchange Trading APIs  (Read 190 times)
crabby (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:52:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

The Universal Exchange APIs are finally here! These APIs will provide the easiest way to integrate exchange trading, data collection, and exchange account management into your application.

https://medium.com/@ShrimpyApp/the-universal-crypto-exchange-apis-f67f875dd649

If you are a developer who has awesome ideas for crypto applications, now is the time to dive into the Universal Exchange APIs and start building the next big thing!

https://developers.shrimpy.io/

Let me know if you have any questions!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:25:37 PM

Mind explaining the $0.99/ month per user part? What are the limits and when you say, user, do you mean the developer? regardless of how many people the app created has been distributed to?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crabby (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 12:09:02 AM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2)

Mind explaining the $0.99/ month per user part? What are the limits and when you say, user, do you mean the developer? regardless of how many people the app created has been distributed to?

Thank you for the question! The $0.99 / month / user means we charge $0.99 for each user that uses the trading functionality on the application you developed. This also allows linking up to 20 exchange accounts for each user, exchange data collection, account management, and more. The application developer does not need to pay anything to start using the API, only once they start having users that trade.

An example:

Say you are a developer who is building an application which has 10,000 users. Each user can link up to 20 exchange accounts and execute trades on any of their exchange accounts. The cost is $0.99 per user that uses the trading capabilities. So, if only 500 users actually want to trade, then that's around $500 / month. The exchange data collection endpoints, API key management, and getting balance data for each user is free. So, if the other 9,500 users only wanted to track their portfolio, it would be free for all of those users.

Most applications we are working with use a freemium model. That means they are tracking applications that are free to use, but charge a premium like $9.99 for extra capabilities like trading.

Please let me know if this makes sense! I would be happy to answer any other questions you have for me.

crabby (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:17:47 PM

Would you be able to tell me about what you were thinking about developing? We have a lot of use cases, so I would be happy to discuss more about the possibilities of the API.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:42:08 AM

Would you be able to tell me about what you were thinking about developing? We have a lot of use cases, so I would be happy to discuss more about the possibilities of the API.

The app would be to handle addresses and monitor them mainly, getting balance, transactions etc. but from what I understood I'm only going to pay for trading features, so in that case, there are no fees?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:14:49 PM

i prefer to trade with my laptop . i can not work with API because i am not that good in programming. i prefer to log into My account and trade normally. the previous API that i used failed. i was so scared that my account might get compromised. but it is a nice tool to trade while on the go.
crabby (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:20:59 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

The app would be to handle addresses and monitor them mainly, getting balance, transactions etc. but from what I understood I'm only going to pay for trading features, so in that case, there are no fees?

Thank you for asking! Yes, this is correct. If you only use the features to collect data, access accounts, get market data, manage exchange API keys, etc, it is free to use. If you have some specific features you would like to see implemented, please let me know and we can try adding them to one of our next releases!
crabby (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:31:46 AM

We are excited to announce you can now backtest rebalancing strategies through our Universal Crypto Exchange APIs!

You can find the update on the docs here: https://developers.shrimpy.io/docs/#analytics

We have also released a node.js library on github here: https://github.com/shrimpy-dev/shrimpy-node

Finally, You can install the package using npm here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/shrimpy-node

Please let me know if you have any questions about our exchange APIs!
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 12:26:22 PM

Hi Everyone!

The Universal Exchange APIs are finally here! These APIs will provide the easiest way to integrate exchange trading, data collection, and exchange account management into your application.

If you are a developer who has awesome ideas for crypto applications, now is the time to dive into the Universal Exchange APIs and start building the next big thing!

How your Universal API is better than CCXT (https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt)?

And why I should choose your paid option over the open-source CCXT package to build my apps? CCXT is currently supporting almost every popular exchange with API.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
crabby (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:06:02 AM

Hi Everyone!

How your Universal API is better than CCXT (https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt)?

And why I should choose your paid option over the open-source CCXT package to build my apps? CCXT is currently supporting almost every popular exchange with API.

Thank you for asking! There are a significant number of advantages over CCXT. I will list some of them here.

• CCXT is buggy, complicated, and impractical to use in production environments.
  • CCXT is a library. This means there is still a heavy development burden placed on the application developers. When there is a breaking update, the library needs to be updated and redeployed to all of the affected servers.
  • The CCXT library is slow to update. This leaves developers hanging out to dry when a drastic or sudden change is made by one of the exchanges.
  • Using CCXT still means you need to scale a server farm that is capable of handing the requests that are required for your users. This is a complex problem on it’s own that requires a significant amount of resources.
  • Using CCXT means you still need to develop the trading logic, handling of data, and other complex flows.

Building an application on Shrimpy does not have these problems. It’s easy to use, built for production applications, doesn’t require frequent code updates, can be used for mobile or web applications, requires no scaling on the developers end, and handles the complex trading logic for the user. It also supports backtesting data, unlimited scaling, instant asset listing, and the most simple interface to access user data, trading, and high level portfolio management strategies.

These are just a few of the advantages, but the list of advantages will continue growing!

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: