Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Taival: a New Indie Game project  (Read 163 times)
ProjectTaival (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:56:46 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2019, 12:49:55 AM by ProjectTaival

Something about me and my vision for the project:

I have been interested at making games since I was a teenager, but never had the courage to even try, due to my personal issues I have encountered in life. But that has changed recently, as during the years of recovery I have gained more confidence in my ability to learn new things and have had extensive experience in Google Sketchup, as the picture above shows. After reading how it can be used in conjunction with Unreal Engine and Unity 3D, I decided to give it a try, no matter how hard it could turn out to be. This project is an attempt to have a new beginning and thus a very important step forward in my life, which makes it all the more important for it to be a success. I'm not seeking triple A quality and try to keep my goals achievable, but at the same time want to try my utmost to bring my vision to life.

Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear -series has also been a huge inspiration to me and I think that at least one aspect of Hideo's advice can be used in the Project Taival as well - "Betray your audience". I want to make this game in both story and mechanic wise, to be as unpredictable as possible.

I started up as an Indie Game Developer in December 14th, 2018. I have always loved to be able to think freely - no matter how silly some idea might sound at first, I just have to entertain the idea to see if I can find some non-obvious creative value in it. Innovative ideas need analytic thinking, which have helped me tremendously on anything that requires creativity, like creating 3D models to plan out carpentry solutions as a carpenter.

To summarize some features of the game, here is a short list of things;

- The game will be in First Person perspective.
- It is going to be divided in multiple games, so be sure to expect a sequel.
- All the final assets are going to be original content or modified from free assets.
- Paid assets remains a possibility, depending on the amount of donations and pre-orders.
- The game is based on modern days, but the roots of the story are much deeper in time.
- 2 layer game world, similar to Silent Hill, but different.

My personal goals for this project are;
• Get better at 3D modeling on more various selection of modeling software.
• Learn to make presentable music.
• Study on how to make animated videos from scratch.
• Get to know some basics about several game engines, before choosing the one that I will use.
• To improve my storytelling and compilation skills.
• Bringing to fruition a marketable end result and registering a Game Development company.
• Map out the possibilities to using cryptocurrency as "earn while you play" style of mechanism in a MMO game. (For a future project)

To have all the latest information, you can subscribe to these social media sites.

Latest Dev Diaries are going to be here and on Reddit;
GameDev.net
Reddit

More news and other media can be found on these Social Media sites;
Twitter
YouTube
Facebook
Instagram
Google+

One of the best and free kind of help you can give me, is to spread the word anywhere.

You can also support this game project by registering to one of these well established trading services using these referral codes;

Coinbase We both gain 10 USD, when you register and buy 100usd worth of crypto.
Binance
Kucoin

... or by sending donations or mining straight to my wallet at;

Bitcoin (BTC);
38GjZsUPckvdLaGuWQwjLzahrhxsWpiwoQ

Litecoin (LTC);
MSVjJFFok9hHktU5aiXFmhpQTDHkso39nR

DASH;
XgYinTYHJxEqBJVsFGcrhkqQi4EdcC6Cgf

Ethereum (ETH);
0x42f615FF8bc7b9AAf6ce4FFE0cAa2B8e894722C5

Pigeon Coin (PGN);
PQPtiAVLC83Boy8Y5NCASzNp7gDyFr4aRF

If you want something in return for your early backing of this project, please send me your coin address that you sent the donation from and a permanent e-mail address where I can send the code to you once the game is released. Everyone who donate early, will receive exclusive achievement to show that you are an early backer.

The donations will be used to buy some legit masternode coin to have a steady stream of income (Tips needed to have the best option for this).This would enable me to concentrate on making the game instead of financial troubles. It could also be used to showcase the power of crypto in crowdfunding purposes. Which reminds me, if you have any knowledge about crypto-crowdfunding sites, please let me know.

If I receive enough donations, I will use it to hire other people to have this game finished faster.

Thank you for everyone who wants to see my game project succeed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: